Senate confirms Justice Handmaid One

Bruh... If Barrett tests positive, she’d have to quarantine for 30 days, correct? They wouldn’t be able to confirm her until after the election. :lol:

Like, if she was potentially exposed it’s 14-days from the suspected time of exposure, but a positive diagnosis is typically 30-days, correct?

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Bruh... If Barrett tests positive, she’d have to quarantine for 30 days, correct? They wouldn’t be able to confirm her until after the election. :lol:

Like, if she was potentially exposed it’s 14-days from the suspected time of exposure, but a positive diagnosis is typically 30-days, correct?

Mitch should be quarantined

3 minutes ago, chakoo said:

It's going to be amazing if this gets derailed and doesn't happen because trump got covid and got everyone else sick.

Literally zero chance

46 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Literally zero chance

While for the most part I agree with you, I think for the most part her confirmation is a certainty, but I wouldn't say it's Zero with everything going on. I'm just saying I would find it funny/amazing if something that was a given gets derailed because of trump getting sick eventually got certain people sick in the senate that kept the hearing from going forward.

6 minutes ago, chakoo said:

While for the most part I agree with you, I think for the most part her confirmation is a certainty, but I wouldn't say it's Zero with everything going on. I'm just saying I would find it funny/amazing if something that was a given gets derailed because of trump getting sick eventually got certain people sick in the senate that kept the hearing from going forward.

The hearing was going to be virtual even before this.

@sblfilms That zero chance just added a few more zeros. :p (we all know dems don't have the balls to do it).

GettyImages-122874485011-300x300.jpg
LAWANDCRIME.COM

The careening course of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak at the White House is threatening to tear a multiple-senator-sized hole right through Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's (R-Ky.) best laid plans for the Supreme Court.

10 minutes ago, chakoo said:

@sblfilms That zero chance just added a few more zeros. :p (we all know dems don't have the balls to do it).

GettyImages-122874485011-300x300.jpg
LAWANDCRIME.COM

The careening course of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak at the White House is threatening to tear a multiple-senator-sized hole right through Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's (R-Ky.) best laid plans for the Supreme Court.

Beyond your astute observation that the Dems won’t even try it...

1. They don’t have to have a committee vote in the first place :p 

2. Mitch can change the rules not governed by the constitution, the only thing stopping him is norms. Do you think he cares about such things? And no doubt he will just point to the House changing rules about proxies being allowed as his reasoning in making changes.

39 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

A majority is required for a quorum per the constitution but how that quorum is determined is up for interpretation

And I feel there is a 5-3 SCOTUS win for Mitch if the Dems even had the fortitude to sue to stop him

4 hours ago, sblfilms said:

And I feel there is a 5-3 SCOTUS win for Mitch if the Dems even had the fortitude to sue to stop him

It's quite clear that the Senate can set its own rules too, there's no standing for Dems to sue, let alone have the judicial branch determine the rules of one other branch/chamber