Assassin's Creed Shadows (PC/PS5/Xbox Series/Mac | 15 November 2024) - update (06/14): "Feudal Japan Sneak Peek" video

Assassin's Creed Red has ditched its codename in favor of the final title Assassin's Creed Shadows, and the long-awaited Japan-themed entry in the long-running open-world series is finally getting a proper reveal on May 15.

"Assassin's Creed Codename Red becomes Assassin's Creed Shadows," Ubisoft says in a tweet. "Tune-in for the Official Cinematic World Premiere Trailer on May 15, 9 AM PT."

• Hype 1

In the metadata for the game's Ubisoft Store listing, it's noted the game is launching for PC, Xbox Series X|S, PS5, and PS4, but curiously despite the last-gen PlayStation release, there's no mention of an Xbox One version.

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

12 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

On the Ubi website there is a string of numbers.  And on the Brazilian site, there is a translation code of those numbers into Japanese characters.  Hopefully someone who knows Japanese will translate it soon.

660e5a03fbff4e2940488bcd-6.jpg?sw=1450&s

Desktop_HeroImage_3840x1800__1_.jpg

Okay, been bored so have been casually learning Japanese, meaning I know most hiragana characters and like 20 katakana at this point... which doesn't help at all for an actual translation since anyone can just map these using a character map. But whatever, it's fun!

If I didn't fuck anything up, the number to text looks like: te chi to ko ha fu ta tsu de hi to tsu   sa so wo shi ru ni ha to ki wo ma te

Which put together is: Tetto ko ha futatsu de hitotsu saso shiru ni hatoki wo mate

And the Katakana is: テ チ ト コ ハ フ タ ツ デ ヒ ト ツ   サ ソ ヲ シ ル ニ ハ ト キ ヲ マ テ

Which Google Translate (DeepL won't accept it) tells me is: Tetsuko waits for the time to make one in two

Could be totally wrong, I don't fuckin' know!

• Shocked 1
  • Halal 2

Again, could be totally fucking wrong, but was curious and kept rechecking a few things, I can get different translations (all machine translations, I don't actually know any Japanese yet, just the alphabet-style characters!) but a super common theme between all of them, no matter where or how I translate them is "two becoming one."

i.e. one returned "It's time for the two of us to join together."

This one's a little nonsensical but: "The earth and the child are one and the same, and the difference is the difference between the two."

"Wait for the right time to do two things at once, one at hand and one at home."

You get the idea. Hell, not even sure if I did the mapping right (I assumed first number was row, second was column) and I bet you could get just as vaguely mysterious translations from the other way around. Problem with ARGs is they're always so cryptic it's hard to tell if you're doing it right, let alone in a language you don't speak!

People have wanted Assassin's Creed set in Japan for so long they really need to get this one right, and knock it out of the park, especially when games like Ghost of Tsushima basically already paved the way for it.

I matched the first line assuming the first number is the x axis and the second is the Y axis

The first line is: Jikasohayuugeso / ジカソハユウゲソ / and extra from the IME: 自過疎は有げそ

Keeping in mind that Katakana is supposed to mean an English word (or non Japanese word) - Seems like it doesn't mean anything

However the Kanji translates to:

(DeepL) Self-polluting is not a crime

(google) Self-destruction is common

Does sound Assassin's creedish?? 🤔

13 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I matched the first line assuming the first number is the x axis and the second is the Y axis

The first line is: Jikasohayuugeso / ジカソハユウゲソ / and extra from the IME: 自過疎は有げそ

Keeping in mind that Katakana is supposed to mean an English word (or non Japanese word) - Seems like it doesn't mean anything

However the Kanji translates to:

(DeepL) Self-polluting is not a crime

(google) Self-destruction is common

Does sound Assassin's creedish?? 🤔

Yeah, I figured they just used Katakana because it's Ubisoft and they're clueless, and it clearly wasn't English or any non-Japanese language, so I just converted it to Hiragana for most translations, since it's all the same sounds anyway.

It sounds like a perfectly viable hidden message for Ubisoft employees, but not so much AC in particular.

19 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Back when the original Ass Creed launched in 2007, if you told me that in 2024 we'd still be getting prerendered hype trailers, I wouldn't have believed you.

Especially when the pre-rendered trailers don't look that much better than games we've seen in real time.

Just show us the game you cowards.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Assassin's Creed Shadows (PC/PS5/Xbox Series/Mac | 15 November 2024) - Official World Premiere Trailer and "Who Are Naoe and Yasuke?" feature
15 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Especially when the pre-rendered trailers don't look that much better than games we've seen in real time.

Just show us the game you cowards.

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Annnd no gameplay, goty tho 

You’ll be a black ninja who climbs the towers to unlock portions of Japan. Happy now?

• Hype 1