I'm Bored So One More Gameranx Video 10 Games with New Game Plus Modes That Change The Game

I like their videos so sue me... I dig them so much that I may have to revisit the game they have listed here as number despite not enjoying my first playthrough of it AT ALL. Not any time soon though... maybe aeround Halloween?

EDIT: Here you go you lazy fucks

10. Assassains Creed Mirage

9. Star Wars Jedi Survivor

8. Dead Space Remake

7. Starfield

6. Resident Evil IV Remake

5.  Immortals of Avenum

4. Armored Core VI Shadows of Rubicon

3.  Remnant 2

2. Grime

1. Alan Wake 2

• Halal 1

8 minutes ago, Brian said:

Any list with Alan Wake 2 is a pass

I felt like this too but I gave this game a few shots and I'm glad I did. It's an exceptional psychological horror game and very worthy of its goty nods last year. I'm 18 hours in close to beating it.

3 hours ago, Brian said:

Any list with Alan Wake 2 is a pass

That was the game I was talking about... I didn't like it on my first playthrough either but this list has me wanting to check it out again. I REALLY didn't like it though and I thoroughly enhoyed the first one.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

I'm really not interested in a gimmick that seems like it's designed to make it seem like they're giving you more content than they actually are.

But what if it actually is giving you more content by actually changing things in the play through?

• Halal 1

6 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

But what if it actually is giving you more content by actually changing things in the play through?

That's why that comment was so weird to me :p What other motivation would there be to replay a single player campaign in a game if there wasn't additional content?

13 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

6 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

That's why that comment was so weird to me :p What other motivation would there be to replay a single player campaign in a game if there wasn't additional content?

First time I saw NG+ was Miles Morales and that was literally just making the game harder with no new content. 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

First time I saw NG+ was Miles Morales and that was literally just making the game harder with no new content. 

Some games do it lazily, this list is games that don’t do it lazily 

• True 1

I don't know if they count as "new game plus" as opposed to "game makes you do multiple playthroughs of some or all of the game again for more story" but of the two, I only really care about the latter. In those cases, some immediate examples I enjoyed that come to mind are Nier Replicant, Nier Automata, Triangle Strategy and Armored Core VI (which is on the list). As much as I enjoyed Alan Wake II, there wasn't that much worthwhile added to New Game Plus in terms of story - a 13 minute Youtube video covers every single new thing so it's not worth a second playthrough just for a bunch of small story bits I think. Not sure what Dead Space remake or RE4 remake new game plus modes offer, I beat each game on hard difficulty, I don't think you get more story at least on subsequent playthroughs.