Anybody still subscribe to any gaming mags?

I worked at a video game store at the end of high school and beginning of college. My favorite thing to do on my longer shifts was walk to Safeway and go to their magazine section looking for any game mag and order sweet and sour chicken from the deli; then I’d just read the mag while I ate and put it back when I finished. Magazine subs seemed so expensive back then to me. Maybe they haven’t changed in price at all but I just subbed to Game Informer for $20. I’ve subbed here and there over the years. But that seemed like a really good price. 

Yeah I also got onboard with Game Informer for $20. I used to have a Maximum PC and PC Gamer sub going for a long time but finally cancelled a while ago because I realized I never read it. So yeah... looking forward to not reading Game Informer either. :p 

• Haha 1

Was never a sub when I was a kid but I'd hit up the local grocery store and grab a GamePro or an EGM whenever I had the chance. I had always wanted a Nintendo Power but never subscribed. My buddy on the bus had a sub though so I'd read his.

I seem to remember there was a merger at one point.. I think it was EGM that bought out some other mag but I can't remember what it was. I also remember in the mid-90's those magazines were pushing 200 pages each. You could roll one up and kill somebody with it.

Also, I'm old... so if any of this sounds weird to you, it's because it was before your time.

44 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Was never a sub when I was a kid but I'd hit up the local grocery store and grab a GamePro or an EGM whenever I had the chance. I had always wanted a Nintendo Power but never subscribed. My buddy on the bus had a sub though so I'd read his.

I seem to remember there was a merger at one point.. I think it was EGM that bought out some other mag but I can't remember what it was. I also remember in the mid-90's those magazines were pushing 200 pages each. You could roll one up and kill somebody with it.

Also, I'm old... so if any of this sounds weird to you, it's because it was before your time.

EGM had EGM 2 for a while. I guess EGM 2 was a safer name than EGBM.

26 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I don’t really see the point these days. Magazines are for doctor’s waiting rooms. 

Not even that anymore. Post pandemic my doctors (at least my Dentist) got rid of all their magazines and never re-upped

This thread reminded me that I wanted to subscribe to Game Informer.

...and subscribed for a year under my son's name. He's at the right age to freak out over getting mail in his name and next time around it'll be a gaming magazine with his name on it.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

10 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

This thread reminded me that I wanted to subscribe to Game Informer.

...and subscribed for a year under my son's name. He's at the right age to freak out over getting mail in his name and next time around it'll be a gaming magazine with his name on it.

That’s awesome