How many days after milk's "best by" date are you still willing to drink it?

CastletonSnob

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I think it's good for up to seven days so keep drinking it till it doesn't smell good.

Lactose free milk can easily last a month opened. It's pretty obvious when milk has gone bad. Sucks though when you thought you were good on milk and then you go to make coffee and oops it's chunky now. 

12 hours ago, Jason said:

Lactose free milk can easily last a month opened. It's pretty obvious when milk has gone bad. Sucks though when you thought you were good on milk and then you go to make coffee and oops it's chunky now. 

Stop putting things in coffee 

• True 1

12 hours ago, Jason said:

12 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Stop putting things in coffee 

Especially milk. 

• True 1

We go through milk so quickly, that it is not a problem.

My wife occasionally doesn't put the coffee cream back in the fridge, so I know it's bad when it curdles in the coffee.

"Best Before" dates are really conservative, and in some cases (obviously not milk) are not even really needed.

On 3/27/2024 at 8:30 PM, TUFKAK said:

When it tastes bad 

The problem with that is at that point you’re glued to your toilet for a day or two. Since moving out of commiefornia where a half gallon is like literally a buck forty I’ll go like 3 days. Just doesn’t cost so much that I worry about throwing out some

1 hour ago, Dodger said:

The problem with that is at that point you’re glued to your toilet for a day or two. Since moving out of commiefornia where a half gallon is like literally a buck forty I’ll go like 3 days. Just doesn’t cost so much that I worry about throwing out some

Thankfully I have a guy of iron so I never have that issue, I once accidentally ate half a cup of rotten cottage cheese and was just fine. The avocado and honey covered up the bad taste.

• Sad 1
  • Halal 1