Have you had any health issues that affected your daily life or routine?

Remarkableriots

For me, it would be walking with a cane because of my foot and knee problems. I also have to be more careful when bumping into things with my body. That's because of my spine problems, arthritis, and other back problems. I'll bump into a door entrance, and it's just a new level of pain I can barely describe.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

Not permanently, but my job is fairly physically violent, so I do injure myself fairly often. Right now I'm dealing with the aftermath of swinging my knee full-force into a dishwasher while I was at work. I hit my knee so hard it broke the skin. On a flat surface. I've broken like half of my fingers bartending (granted most of that was when I worked for a place that had old kegs with no handles so you had to throw them around and hope they didn't fuck you up. Most bars now don't let you stack kegs for that reason).

• Hugs 1

My left knee has been trouble for almost 2 years now.   Had arthroscopic to clean it up and then more different pain happened. Turned out to be Lyme disease. I’ll have a good week or two. Then it will just come back with a vengeance and make standing just to do dishes hard. It’s been slowly getting better month to month overall.  But after almost 2 years it’s been a lot to accept mentally. I didn’t picture myself being unable to run or jog at only 36 years old but that’s how it is and I just have to keep trying to improve it.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

Nothing permanent, I've had a few things that have impacted me for a couple of months in a row:

1)  Vertigo -- Came out of nowhere one Sunday morning.  If you've never had this, you don't know how debilitating this can be.  Took about a week before I could walk, and about 5-6 weeks before I could drive.

2)  Cerebral Hemorrhage (brain bleed) -- Came out of nowhere.  One second everything was OK, next second I was in the most pain of my life.  3 weeks in the ICU, and another couple recovering at home.

3)  Lower Back Pain -- had this for about 4 years, before I learned how to deal with it.  Really prevented me from doing much of anything physical.  I've learned how to see it coming, and deal with it before it becomes a problem.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

2 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

My left knee has been trouble for almost 2 years now.   Had arthroscopic to clean it up and then more different pain happened. Turned out to be Lyme disease. I’ll have a good week or two. Then it will just come back with a vengeance and make standing just to do dishes hard. It’s been slowly getting better month to month overall.  But after almost 2 years it’s been a lot to accept mentally. I didn’t picture myself being unable to run or jog at only 36 years old but that’s how it is and I just have to keep trying to improve it.

I had Lyme’s disease as a kid. My mom was a nurse so she knew all about the disease. She was very proactive and took me to several before I was diagnosed. The Lymes initially showed up in my left wrist as a massive knot. After treatment, it went away but I don’t have full mobility in the wrist. 

I mentioned it before but I have Tinnitus which is ringing in the ear. Started after getting Covid 2 years ago. First 3-6 months were hell. It’s better. I still hear it everyday. It’s become “normal” so I can tune it out most of the time. When it spikes, those days are hard. Like my boy freddy said to live is to suffer. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

3 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Nothing permanent, I've had a few things that have impacted me for a couple of months in a row:

1)  Vertigo -- Came out of nowhere one Sunday morning.  If you've never had this, you don't know how debilitating this can be.  Took about a week before I could walk, and about 5-6 weeks before I could drive.

2)  Cerebral Hemorrhage (brain bleed) -- Came out of nowhere.  One second everything was OK, next second I was in the most pain of my life.  3 weeks in the ICU, and another couple recovering at home.

3)  Lower Back Pain -- had this for about 4 years, before I learned how to deal with it.  Really prevented me from doing much of anything physical.  I've learned how to see it coming, and deal with it before it becomes a problem.

Might sound weird but but one time I was hanging upside down, doing a spinal decompression type stretch. I had closed my eyes for a second and out of nowhere I got super dizzy. I shot up and it lasted for a few seconds and then it went away. Tried researching it, maybe something to do with crystals in your ear that cause vertigo. Hasn’t happened again but that feeling of vertigo was no joke. 

I had lower back issues for a good 14 years or so after a minor car accident. The stiffness/pain was never crippling, but very consistent and annoying. A combination of exercise, yoga, and changing jobs has finally brought it down to almost nothing. 

About 4 years ago, I developed severe carpal tunnel syndrome in both wrists. I ignored the symptoms for too long, and eventually it got so bad I needed surgery. I still have hand/wrist issues, but with compression gloves I can do pretty much anything. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

Might sound weird but but one time I was hanging upside down, doing a spinal decompression type stretch. I had closed my eyes for a second and out of nowhere I got super dizzy. I shot up and it lasted for a few seconds and then it went away. Tried researching it, maybe something to do with crystals in your ear that cause vertigo. Hasn’t happened again but that feeling of vertigo was no joke. 

Imagine that, but getting that whenever your head rotates -- for a month,

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Chris- said:

I was born with spina bifida so I have a decently extensive list of daily impact, the most prominent being neuropathy in my feet. Chronic pain, not fun!

I have very bad neuropathy in my left foot and some starting in my right foot. I also have arthritis in my left knee, which I fractured in high school. I definitely agree about chronic pain, too!

10 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

I have very bad neuropathy in my left foot and some starting in my right foot. I also have arthritis in my left knee, which I fractured in high school. I definitely agree about chronic pain, too!

are you on disability?

Oh I have a few but my main one is my right wrist that I had surgery done on.  I’m permanently restricted on lifting/repetitive tasks over 25/30lbs. It’s been 8 years and pretty much cost me my job with Pepsi with my restrictions, almost 3 years ago to the date. (which was also sadly the same date of my dad’s passing) Plus I have back issues that have been bad this week, achilles partially torn in left foot, swollen left foot/ankle from break from some +25yrs ago. My Covid long hauler shit still isn’t gone and whole family gets random blights of nausea. Comes out of no where and has made us come close to throwing up. Plus from previous job and with long haulers on top, my anxiety level will just take off out of no where. Weed helps a lot but don’t want it as a permanent solution

• Hugs 2

53 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Oh I have a few but my main one is my right wrist that I had surgery done on.  I’m permanently restricted on lifting/repetitive tasks over 25/30lbs. It’s been 8 years and pretty much cost me my job with Pepsi with my restrictions, almost 3 years ago to the date. (which was also sadly the same date of my dad’s passing) Plus I have back issues that have been bad this week, achilles partially torn in left foot, swollen left foot/ankle from break from some +25yrs ago. My Covid long hauler shit still isn’t gone and whole family gets random blights of nausea. Comes out of no where and has made us come close to throwing up. Plus from previous job and with long haulers on top, my anxiety level will just take off out of no where. Weed helps a lot but don’t want it as a permanent solution

I'm glad you have marijuana in your life. Sorry to hear about the issues. 😔 

• Like 1

Oh I forgot about last year getting frozen shoulder. Straight up couldn't move my right arm for like 3-4 months. The pain for the first couple months was insane. I've had broken bones that were less painful. And it was constant like a tooth ache. I had to relearn how to sleep.

• Shocked 1
  • Hugs 1

Back in 2020 I have a concussion which has led to a permanent post-concussion syndrome.  This has cause a whole life style change since due to the onset of light sensitivity (only work at night, trying not to drive long distances during daytime, blackout curtains everywhere in the home with dimmable lighting for myself in the room I'm in, ect). I also have a non-stop ringing in my ears along with constant headaches. My gaming life has changed as the games I can play and enjoy has tend to be slower paced (I still try to play some action style games but I take my time). I don't really watch TV much anymore and screen time in general is down. There are other things, but my life has changed so much since that time.  

• Hugs 3

I have spinal deterioration that now more often than not affects my ability to walk, cant stand for more than 30 minutes… cant move and exercise so i get heavier, I get heavier i put more strain on my body.. its a perfect loop…. I have been a prisoner of my condition for a year now.. even as an introvert that is too long of a time to be trapped alone in my thoughts

• Hugs 3