Do you ever know a game purchase is ridiculous, but inexplicably, you’re drawn towards it…

gamer.tv

Mother fucking GTA Definitive Edition. 

I’ve played most of GTA 3, all of Vice City and maybe 1/4 of San Andreas on the PS2 and, with 6 coming, really want to give them a go again. I don’t want to play on my phone and the Switch seems the right route…but it’s £45 for three, 20 year old games where the updates are shit. But I can’t see another viable way to play, specially SA, on my PS5 or Switch in a more cost effective way.

Yes, I buy most Rockstar games before realizing time and time again that I just don't enjoy how their games play. So I've made peace with them and decided that they are pretty cool tech demos for my PC hardware.  

Yeah the latest yakuza game. I know I won't actually play it this year and I have the others already bought to get through but I think the only thing stopping me atm is it not being on amazon canada for purchase (sure could grab else where but I just think seeing it on amazon would just make me end up clicking the buy button).

That or a game I like that I already bought but kind of eyeing the special edition as I watch the price drop on amazon even though I don't need it.

All the time with bundles.

I have a complete-the-set tendency with series where I own some, but not all of them.  So if Yakuza 5 shows up in a Humble Choice, I’m buying it.  I’ve never tried one of these games before, but I’ve got 0-4 already.  Getting other games with it sweetens the deal.

There are exceptions.  I won’t touch buying anything by Bethesda pre-merger, since they give away everything at some point.

I want to at least try more of the games I own this year, with the pixel art thread.  Taking a pause on it for the glut of FF things I’ll be getting to the first part of the year.

I make stupid purchasing decisions all of the time:

Aliens: Dark Descent -- I love the IP.  I enjoy some squad-based strategy games.  I should have read the reviews better to realize, this one would not be for me.  It's not a TRUE stealth game (which are kind of puzzle based) -- but a mostly stealth game where you are MOSTLY trying to avoid combat, but not always.  And are constantly managing resources around dealing with the consequences of combat.  I enjoyed it initially, and eventually found it more stressful than fun.

Armored Core 6 -- I had never played an AC game.  I should have known I wouldn't like it, but decided to get it anyways.

• Hype 1