What foods do you hate?

Remarkableriots

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Crab is so inconvenient to eat, huge mess and high odds you get gill in your mouth. 

Too much work for such little reward, like it tastes amazing, but I am not going through all that work for it. Mud crabs though I will fuck with.

• True 1

5 hours ago, Ominous said:

Not really food, but ranch and mayo are trash. Can't really think of a food I hate. I'll eat most anything. 

I think ranch and mayo have their place, but an overabundance of creaminess is not generally a texture I want with my food. It's the same reason I don't like avocado in anything other than chip dips

I can't think of any time I've had eggplant where it has been appreciated.

Also there was this one time I ate a sushi place in Japan that served me something that was described as "octopus testicles." Octopus (octopi?) don't have testicles, so I have no idea what it actually was. It was honestly revolting. And I've eaten some weird shit in my days.

7 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I can't think of any time I've had eggplant where it has been appreciated.

Also there was this one time I ate a sushi place in Japan that served me something that was described as "octopus testicles." Octopus (octopi?) don't have testicles, so I have no idea what it actually was. It was honestly revolting. And I've eaten some weird shit in my days.

Not Octopus balls? Cause those are amazing.

41 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Not Octopus balls? Cause those are amazing.

No, not takoyaki, if that's what you're thinking. This was raw. It had a super grainy/gloopy texture

edit: Now that I think about it, it kind of had the same texture as raw sea urchin, but I know that isn't what it was. It was just like a gross version of that.

21 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Mayo, sauerkraut, olives, sweet pickles 

Oooh, sweet pickles is a good pick. They're gross.

I feel like I should love sauerkraut. Everything about it is something that I should like. And I love kimchi, which is just spicy sauerkraut. The problem is I was forced to eat sauerkraut as a kid by my grandma, who made it from scratch. My grandma was a brilliant woman, but a horrendous cook. Just the smell of sauerkraut is enough to make me gag to this day. But I recognize that it's a 'me' problem, not a problem with sauerkraut in general.

11 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

No, not takoyaki, if that's what you're thinking. This was raw. It had a super grainy/gloopy texture

edit: Now that I think about it, it kind of had the same texture as raw sea urchin, but I know that isn't what it was. It was just like a gross version of that.

Sea Urchin was amazing in Japan, everywhere else I've had it has been absolutely disgusting and the way you described it sounded very Sea Urchin. 

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Was the ligma amazing in Japan too?

Considering I did almost accidentally get my dick sucked in a peep show in the red light district in Tokyo, I may have been able to answer this, but sadly I declined after I realized wtf was happening.

• Shocked 1

@Keyser_Soze

Apparently prostitution laws in Japan are a bit more liberal than the US. I was in the booth, fiancé the one next to me, girl came in asking for yen, I figured it was for a drink, it very much was not and I didn't understand what was happening until she literally got on her knees and said "suck'. Yeah no, keep the money, sorry for the miscommunication.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

@Keyser_Soze

Apparently prostitution laws in Japan are a bit more liberal than the US. I was in the booth, fiancé the one next to me, girl came in asking for yen, I figured it was for a drink, it very much was not and I didn't understand what was happening until she literally got on her knees and said "suck'. Yeah no, keep the money, sorry for the miscommunication.

Apparently I wasn’t adventurous enough on my trip. 

• Haha 1

Another one I've mentioned before. Coconut. At least the kind that's in an almond joy and also not a fan of the water from the store.

A real coconut however, perhaps I would enjoy.

(As for the coconut water even my friend who had previously lived in Hawaii didn't enjoy the store bought coconut water but said it was much better from an actual coconut)

8 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

Too much work for such little reward, like it tastes amazing, but I am not going through all that work for it. Mud crabs though I will fuck with.

Not sure why mud crabs are better (do you mean softshells that you can just eat whole?) but the real trick is to just go to a restaurant that's done 90% of the work on the crab for you. :p Or likewise buy crab legs from the supermarket since all you have to do is crack them open.