Measles rises globally amid vaccination crash; WHO and CDC sound the alarm

Jason

2 hours ago, stepee said:

Doesn’t matter if they sound the alarm because the anti vaxers consider these organizations terrorists 

I wouldn't say I'm an anti vaxxer but...

My wife and I got the Covid vax in 2020 and within a year, both of our appendix ruptured. We both were hospitalized within 3 months of each other.

My dad got the vax and 2 weeks later, his arm turned purple and swelled nearly 3 times it's normal size and lasted for about 5 freakin weeks.

My sister got the vax and now has swollen lymph nodes under both her arms. She went back and got boosted and now has perpetual migraines. I told her she's an idiot lol.

We all got the Pfizer shot. But yea, I hate to be that guy with anecdotal stuff yada yada.

Yeah I mean, that is definitely some weird antidotal coincidence but yeah some people like me, have never heard of anyone close to them with anything like any of that! Sometimes stuff seems weird through a certain lens. Thats why it’s best to go with larger data sets when looking at how helpful something is or isn’t for sure.

• Halal 3

35 minutes ago, nublood said:

I wouldn't say I'm an anti vaxxer but...

My wife and I got the Covid vax in 2020 and within a year, both of our appendix ruptured. We both were hospitalized within 3 months of each other.

My dad got the vax and 2 weeks later, his arm turned purple and swelled nearly 3 times it's normal size and lasted for about 5 freakin weeks.

My sister got the vax and now has swollen lymph nodes under both her arms. She went back and got boosted and now has perpetual migraines. I told her she's an idiot lol.

We all got the Pfizer shot. But yea, I hate to be that guy with anecdotal stuff yada yada.

A better way to look at it would be what if all of you had gotten the actual virus (which is mostly guaranteed to happen), which fucks up the body even more. My brother didn't get the shot and was in the hospital for a week. I got the shot and while my O2 levels dipped when I got the actual virus, my pneumonia never developed past some light shortness of breath.

18 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

A better way to look at it would be what if all of you had gotten the actual virus (which is mostly guaranteed to happen), which fucks up the body even more. My brother didn't get the shot and was in the hospital for a week. I got the shot and while my O2 levels dipped when I got the actual virus, my pneumonia never developed past some light shortness of breath.

trading one poor data set for another poor data set isnt great though

fortunately there are lots of great large data sets that make the case for the net positive in society to getting the shot even if some individual outcomes are bad

• Confused 2
  • Halal 1

9 minutes ago, UpvoteShittyTakesOnly said:

trading one poor data set for another poor data set isnt great though

fortunately there are lots of great large data sets that make the case for the net positive in society to getting the shot even if some individual outcomes are bad

My point was death and long covid symptoms aren't a poor data set (although still incomplete), which is what you can experience with the actual virus, not my personal experience which was provided for contrast to his personal experience.

1 hour ago, cusideabelincoln said:

I guess that is plausible. But there are studies that link mRNA vaccine side effects to appendicitis and recurring swollen lymph nodes. The surgeon who removed my appendix even acknowledged that the vaccine could have been the cause. But honestly, he was kinda skeptical so idk. That being said, I can’t speak for anyone else in my family but no more Covid vaxxes/boosters for me. 

1 hour ago, stepee said:

I just hate these conversations because on one hand, I feel for what nublood and his family have gone through, and jokes along those lines make me uncomfortable. On the other hand, misinformation kills people. :/

Now imagine how those of us who were in ERs during the pandemic feel about it. Anti vax rhetoric is way too personal for me to do anything but joke about it.

3 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Now imagine how those of us who were in ERs during the pandemic feel about it. Anti vax rhetoric is way too personal for me to do anything but joke about it.

For sure, would never judge you for that and understand. I just hate how the right got people to fight against themselves.

The logic that "because a vaccine may affect you, so definitely don't do it" is nuts because what the fuck is the alternative? Everyone gets Covid and measles, etc.? That's way worse, so shut the fuck up and get vaxxed and if there are side effects or post-vaccine symptoms well tough shit because the alternative is worse. The large data sets are out there, there's nothing to discuss here. Even suggesting that because vaccines may affect you so maybe don't get them is ignorant and a bad message to be spreading.

• Halal 1

On 11/17/2023 at 6:30 PM, nublood said:

I guess that is plausible. But there are studies that link mRNA vaccine side effects to appendicitis and recurring swollen lymph nodes. The surgeon who removed my appendix even acknowledged that the vaccine could have been the cause. But honestly, he was kinda skeptical so idk. That being said, I can’t speak for anyone else in my family but no more Covid vaxxes/boosters for me. 

Honestly if it is localized to your family there could be something genetic there, or it could just be bad timing with other issues popping up. Would be interesting to find out. Ultimately not everyone is able to take the vaccine. Hence the reason those that can should take the vaccine.

Ultimately some people will have issues with this specific vaccination. The problem is that many conservative entities have taken their momentum from the covid vaccine stuff and applied it to other vaccines. Measles is one. HPV is another. Honestly it is really stupid.

Something interesting for me is that my initial vaccinations for covid went fine but my boosters gave me a day of fatigue and fever. Odd.

• Like 1

The fact that some people have bad reactions to vaccines is functionally meaningless.  That isn’t to downplay their own personal consequences, but on a large scale they should be ignored.  There are a handful of car accidents where an airbag or seatbelt actually makes things worse, that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be used all the time.  

• True 1
  • Halal 2

11 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I mean... If a mRNA vaccine for a virus fucked your shit up, guess what else would have almost certainly fucked your shit up even more? 

... The actual virus. That's how vaccines work.

What’s wild is this exact point is used by anti vaxers to somehow prove their side. “Did you know they actually give you the virus?!”

Like, yeah man, Science is crazy