I got a tattoo

GeneticBlueprint

Awesome.

Now extend to full sleeve. Plus the back, chest, stomach…

actually just to full suit!

Honestly though when I started getting inked I never thought I’d end up as heavily inked as I am, try to keep a theme in mind if you’re gonna go that route. Blending different images from different artists has been a challenge.

• True 1

1 minute ago, SoberChef said:

I'm up to 10 pieces on me now, I don't think I'll ever stop getting them done, they're enjoyable!

Yeah, you don’t ever stop, I finished my stomach earlier this year with a session scheduled for November when im gonna start the process of getting my full suit completed.

6 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Nice. I don’t have any tattoos, but I’ve sort of pondered doing something bookish. But really I’m a wuss and will never do it. 

This is my first and it’s something I’ve wanted for 20+ years. Was finally able to let go of my religion which didn’t forbid tattoos outright, but they were so heavily discouraged you’re an outcast if you have them. So in practice and culture they were basically forbidden. Then I waited a few more years before deciding I was definitely going to do it. Then I saw an artist on Ink Master whose work really spoke to me. I looked him up and it turns out his shop is a mile from my house! Then I had to schedule it. And he is so far booked out that I scheduled it a year ago and finally got it today.

Also re: pain. It was not anything close to as bad as I was expecting. However, the last two hours were quite uncomfortable. Even painful. But it was bearable. Though I do think I have a high pain tolerance.

4 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Awesome.

Honestly though when I started getting inked I never thought I’d end up as heavily inked as I am, try to keep a theme in mind if you’re gonna go that route. Blending different images from different artists has been a challenge.

I really do want a full sleeve. Haven’t thought about what other Tolkien iconography I’d like as the two things I wanted most are now on my upper arm. But I’ll definitely endeavor to stick with this artist as he’s kind of famous for what he does and this one turned out so much better than I ever imagined.

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Agreed. He just needs a womb tattoo with another sword pointing down to his dick. :o

In any case nice choice, choosing something timeless rather than something that might lose it's appeal (like a band tattoo)

I’ll get a tatt of Glamdring pointing at my dingaling. And agreed about the band tattoo. 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

8 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Then I saw an artist on Ink Master whose work really spoke to me. I looked him up and it turns out his shop is a mile from my house! Then I had to schedule it. And he is so far booked out that I scheduled it a year ago and finally got it today.

If they are so forbidden it must be tough having a business near you that does them.

Before you said that I was going to ask how far out of state did you have to go to get it done :p

2 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

Awesome.

Honestly, I thought I would keep with a theme or even a color scheme, but I didn't. And now I kind of like that my tattoos are a bunch of disconnected nonsense.

I was walking to work the other day and someone said "you look so punk rock!" At the time I just said "thank you," but as I walked I was like... I'm not sure that's what I was going for"... but then I was like..  you know what, she's right. It's very fitting.

31 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Honestly, I thought I would keep with a theme or even a color scheme, but I didn't. And now I kind of like that my tattoos are a bunch of disconnected nonsense.

I was walking to work the other day and someone said "you look so punk rock!" At the time I just said "thank you," but as I walked I was like... I'm not sure that's what I was going for"... but then I was like..  you know what, she's right. It's very fitting.

To be fair you give me punker vibes so I see it working for you.

For me I have that whole Viking look, especially when my beard is this glorious, so I wish I had stayed with an underlying theme as I worked the Nordic themes into my body. My current artist is doing his best with the heavy shading and black grey I had when I came to him. I just wish I had an idea I’d end up getting a full suit at the start ya know?

I still love my ink as I’ve definitely earned them and they tell my story well.

28 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

once the redness and swelling from it goes down and heals the black should stand out even more.

i got a new one a few months ago and took a couple weeks for healing and letting the colors settle nice

Yup. The blade is going to pop out a bit more once it heals and the shading is going to settle into a dull sort of gray. Which will all contrast very well with my pasty white skin. 

5 hours ago, Chris- said:

My FIL got a tattoo of a forest/campsite with the quote 'Not all who wander are lost' and he insisted to my wife that it's not a Tolkien quote.

That's funny. I have an ex girlfriend who had that quote on a mug and she was devastated to learn it was from Tolkien. :lol:

That was her first red flag. :p

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nokra said:

That's funny. I have an ex girlfriend who had that quote on a mug and she was devastated to learn it was from Tolkien. :lol:

That was her first red flag. :p

I honestly can't wait for the day when I finally get to correct him. I don't think he feels any particular way about LOTR/Tolkien, but he was so confident (he even claimed it came from another person) that I just can't let it go uncorrected.

• Haha 2
  • Hype 1

16 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

Awesome.

Pineapple pizza sleeve