We're going to Japan!

CastlevaniaNut18

5 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Don’t think so. 

I did one a couple times and had perfect holds that just let go. Like, “nope, not getting any more of my coins. Saving these for gachapon. “

I didn't do the gachapon. The claw machines make it way too easy to keep going since they take Suica. :lol:

I would have actually used the fan while walking around since it was so hot, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to secure the provided strap through the strap holes (third pic).

YPyzRBF.jpg

UZlwaWh.jpg

jtVm0P5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Hype 1

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Did the Dragon Quest bar today and that was good. Also got more games. Don’t wanna think about how much I’ve spent. But the good news is, I feel like I’m mostly done spending on items. Ready to get back to some shrines and temples. 

When real life becomes the game we’ve all been playing…

Went to Hakone yesterday, shrine, temple, and awesome views of Mt Fuji. I tried sake for the first time and I wasn’t too big a fan. 

Today, we met some FF14 raid buddies of our friends who are also in Japan, and they were both female and pretty nice. Went to Meiji shrine, out to eat gyudon, where I had a giant beer I wasn’t expecting and saw some good views of Tokyo on high from the Metropolitan observatory. 

Still have 4 more full days to go, but it does feel like it’s winding down.

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Went to Hakone yesterday, shrine, temple, and awesome views of Mt Fuji. I tried sake for the first time and I wasn’t too big a fan. 

Today, we met some FF14 raid buddies of our friends who are also in Japan, and they were both female and pretty nice. Went to Meiji shrine, out to eat gyudon, where I had a giant beer I wasn’t expecting and saw some good views of Tokyo on high from the Metropolitan observatory. 

Still have 4 more full days to go, but it does feel like it’s winding down.

Are you going to eat a hamburger steak?

On 10/28/2023 at 1:28 AM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Done for the day, going home tomorrow. It’s been an amazing trip, best one I’ve ever taken. But I’m also tired and walked so much in the last three weeks that my feet are all screwed up. Worth it, though. I miss my house and my bed and my dog. 

Welcome to travel life, I give it one week until you plan your next.

• True 1

We bought so much stuff, it's gonna take days to sort it out. We did manage to not have to ship anything back or have to buy another checked bag. One of the guys we went with managed to get everything in his giant checked back and gave us his carry-on to use for the leftovers. Took some ingenious packing skills,  but we made it work...barely. And nothing was broken!

One of our friends got us into game CD collecting over there. Got a ton of amazing soundtracks.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2023 at 3:28 AM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Done for the day, going home tomorrow. It’s been an amazing trip, best one I’ve ever taken. But I’m also tired and walked so much in the last three weeks that my feet are all screwed up. Worth it, though. I miss my house and my bed and my dog. 

This has been the case with every one of my trips. My ankles become swollen like a menopausal woman.

1 hour ago, ThreePi said:

This has been the case with every one of my trips. My ankles become swollen like a menopausal woman.

I got a big blister on the bottom of my toe about halfway through my 3 week trip this summer, which is a fucking terrible place to get a blister when you're in the middle of a fuckton of walking. Drunkenly ripped the leftover blister skin off after I was back and then it took another 3-ish weeks to actually heal since I walk to work, got really sick of having to constantly bandage it by the end of that.

12 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Well, I already told you I'm planning the UK for next year. Sooo many places I wanna visit.

Yes but that was before traveling, now you’re gonna be all “how much are flights to Iceland?” at some random 3am like I do.

I know @Biggie wanted me to post pics of some of my scores, so here we go. I bought a ton of shit, but this is most of the game stuff. There are some additional small figures, trinkets, etc. but this is the big stuff. We went crazy on game CDs. And as you can tell, I focused a lot on Kirby and Dragon Quest because there's just so muich of it easily found.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Hype 2

Oh, and @stepee, when you go, I highly recommend picking up a Goshuin book at the first bigger shrine or temple you visit. They're very cool and a cheaper way to collect memories. They're small stamp books, you can buy  them generally under 2000 yen and most shrines and temples you visit, you take the book to a designated place and one of the sacred people working there will place a red stamp in it and do a bit of calligraphy noting the date you visited said shrine or temple. Stamping costs 300 or 500 yen depending on the place. But I had such a great time collecting stamps and got a decent few. Here's mine, I picked it up at the Gokoku Shrine in Hiroshima and and example of the stamp you get.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

On 10/30/2023 at 11:32 PM, TUFKAK said:

Yes but that was before traveling, now you’re gonna be all “how much are flights to Iceland?” at some random 3am like I do.

In the before times, I was a prevalent user of Scott's Cheap Flights.

When I went to Italy, I wasn't when planning on going to Italy. I just got a notification for a round trip LA-Rome trip for like $500 around the time I was trying to book a vacation, so I was like...I guess I'm going to rome.

Turns out I love Rome. I didn't think I would. Rome was far more dope than Florence.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

In the before times, I was a prevalent user of Scott's Cheap Flights.

When I went to Italy, I wasn't when planning on going to Italy. I just got a notification for a round trip LA-Rome trip for like $500 around the time I was trying to book a vacation, so I was like...I guess I'm going to rome.

Turns out I love Rome. I didn't think I would. Rome was far more dope than Florence.

The eternal city should be seen at least once if you’re able to for sure. I liked Palermo more but had a lot of fun in Rome.

Im booking my two confirmed trips next year real soon to take advantage of the cost.