We're going to Japan!

CastlevaniaNut18

On 11/1/2023 at 9:07 PM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I know @Biggie wanted me to post pics of some of my scores, so here we go. I bought a ton of shit, but this is most of the game stuff. There are some additional small figures, trinkets, etc. but this is the big stuff. We went crazy on game CDs. And as you can tell, I focused a lot on Kirby and Dragon Quest because there's just so muich of it easily found.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

oh man I missed this stuff, I’m definitely going to need to send back home or something too, amazing!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Yeah, he’s a giant Falcom nerd. Notice all the Falcom soundtracks in the CD pic. 

Yes i did. :)

If he doesn't know about this YT channel and it's PC-88 Paradise series, I think he will enjoy it as it covers falcom games and their history.

11 hours ago, chakoo said:

Yes i did. :)

If he doesn't know about this YT channel and it's PC-88 Paradise series, I think he will enjoy it as it covers falcom games and their history.

Yep, he's watched that channel some.

He was oogling sadly over retro PCs at a Hard Off there. Really expensive and too heavy to reasonably transport back home, though. Some even had the caps replaced.

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Yep, he's watched that channel some.

He was oogling sadly over retro PCs at a Hard Off there. Really expensive and too heavy to reasonably transport back home, though. Some even had the caps replaced.

Yeah retro jpn pc hardware is a lot to deal with. If he was possibly wanting an X68000, the company who worked on the genesis mini (zuiki) did just put out a mini X68000Z.

10 minutes ago, chakoo said:

Yeah retro jpn pc hardware is a lot to deal with. If he was possibly wanting an X68000, the company who worked on the genesis mini (zuiki) did just put out a mini X68000Z.

No, he has a tricked out X68000, that was his first big buy years ago.

I think it was the PC-98 he wanted. But it was like $1500 or so at Hard Off. 

12 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

No, he has a tricked out X68000, that was his first big buy years ago.

I think it was the PC-98 he wanted. But it was like $1500 or so at Hard Off. 

Ah. a PC-98 is pretty nice. I hope you were looking at Hard Offs outside major cities like Tokyo.

Btw as a side question, did you two go check out any arcade stores (think super potato but just arcade pcbs). I know some retro stores have a few arcade PCB but I remember there being one in Tokyo that is just arcade PCB.

7 hours ago, chakoo said:

Ah. a PC-98 is pretty nice. I hope you were looking at Hard Offs outside major cities like Tokyo.

Btw as a side question, did you two go check out any arcade stores (think super potato but just arcade pcbs). I know some retro stores have a few arcade PCB but I remember there being one in Tokyo that is just arcade PCB.

The best ones we went to were on the outer limits of Osaka and Tokyo, took a decently long train or bus ride to get to. Book Offs were even better when it came to retro games. I know they wanted to go to some in the smaller cities, but we weren't able to fit them in. A lot of them were a downright pain in the ass to get to.

Didn't go to any of the retro arcade stores, didn't even know it was a thing. But maybe for the best because we wouldn't have had enough room to bring them back. :p