We're going to Japan!

CastlevaniaNut18

Couldn’t sleep much last night, we just landed at LAX. I dozed on this flight a little. Now for some real food because our flight leaving Little Rock was late and our Dallas layover didn’t give us enough time to get something before boarding. Fortunately one of our friends brought a big box of power bars so I’m not bad hangry yet. 

• Hype 2

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Couldn’t sleep much last night, we just landed at LAX. I dozed on this flight a little. Now for some real food because our flight leaving Little Rock was late and our Dallas layover didn’t give us enough time to get something before boarding. Fortunately one of our friends brought a big box of power bars so I’m not bad hangry yet. 

Hopefully the burritos at LAX are as good as on the outside!

25 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Sometimes I rough it in premium economy 

I'll slum it in economy on longhaul international travel if it's flights between the US and Europe. Eastbound you don't get enough time to sleep on the plane to make a redeye worth it so I'd rather just depart early and burn a day traveling (especially with climate change speeding up the jet stream), at which point economy is fine-ish as long as you have aisle access. And coming back you definitely don't want to sleep on an afternoon flight that lands three hours after it departs anyhow.

Flying over the Pacific in anything other than economy is pretty much "fuck you" money. I've flown over the Pacific many times... never once would it have cost anything less than 2-3k round trip just for the fucking flight.

In 2017 or so I spent like 2 months in Thailand for less than $2k, and that included the flight.

I hate sleeping on planes anyway, I'm too short. I feel like you have to be at least 6 feet tall to comfortably sleep in an airplane seat, first class included. Unless you have one of those fully reclining joints.

32 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I feel like a fucking zombie. Little over an hour to land and I feel like it’s gonna take forever getting outta the airport. 

I’m gonna crash so hard when we get to our Airbnb. 

Narita is pretty goddamn far away from Tokyo, be prepared for a long trip. It's like a couple hours.