I think I’m hitting a sad realisation…

gamer.tv

I don’t think I can eat bread any more. As a New Year’s resolution for 2022, I stopped eating bread and felt immensely better for it. Back on the bread this year and I’m 99% sure it gives me a variety of different tummy issues (along with sluggishness). Oddly, pasta doesn’t hit me in the same way (though certain cereals do). 

This is quite sad as like most overweight, mid-30s people, I enjoy pizza and sandwiches a lot.

I'm sorry for your loss, that really blows. :rose:

Have you ever been able to isolate a particular ingredient in the bread that does it? Just wondering if you might be able to find a certain brand or particular product that doesn't upset your stomach so much. 

• Halal 1

I'm in the same boat in that there seems to be certain breads I can eat and certain ones I can't. I haven't been able to figure out what the difference is. I've known I can't eat raised donuts since I was like 15 (technically I can eat them, but there better be a toilet in striking distance within the next 30 minutes. My body just says "nope" and it goes straight out the poop shoot)

10 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

I don’t think I can eat bread any more. As a New Year’s resolution for 2022, I stopped eating bread and felt immensely better for it. Back on the bread this year and I’m 99% sure it gives me a variety of different tummy issues (along with sluggishness). Oddly, pasta doesn’t hit me in the same way (though certain cereals do). 

This is quite sad as like most overweight, mid-30s people, I enjoy pizza and sandwiches a lot.

Bread is 100% unnecessary to survive. Grains are inflammatory, lead to digestive issues, cause things like irritable bowel, acid reflux, etc. etc.

The list goes on. If not eating grains makes you feel better, then don't eat them. Don't let all that Food Pyramid shit tell you otherwise. It's all just fiction anyway.

When I stopped eating them, my acid reflux issues of over ten years went away completely. I also noticed that my energy levels increased and my nasal issues improved quite a bit (i used to have an indefinitely stuffy nose.) A lot of "allergies" that we have are actually just prolonged inflamation and auto-immune responses to the garbage we eat.

8 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I love bread. Enjoy it everyday. 

I've been fasting for over two weeks and lost 19lbs because I want to be at my college weight. Bread is something I completely took out of my diet. Now, I cheated on July 4th but overall I feel so fuckin good without the usual toxins I put in my body.

I know you will be disgusted with this idea haha.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

RIP beans and toast

Mate I hadn’t even thought of that. This is a very sad day now.

5 hours ago, Ominous said:

Have you been tested for a gluten intolerance? 

No, but I feel my own anecdotal evidence is enough to make this choice at least - but I may consider it in the future.

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I've been fasting for over two weeks and lost 19lbs because I want to be at my college weight. Bread is something I completely took out of my diet. Now, I cheated on July 4th but overall I feel so fuckin good without the usual toxins I put in my body.

My body is one big toxin lol

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You have not eaten food in 2 weeks? And pretty much anything is toxic in the right quantity. I feel like you went down the health food tiktok wormhole and are getting shit advice. 

20 minutes ago, Ominous said:

You have not eaten food in 2 weeks? And pretty much anything is toxic in the right quantity. I feel like you went down the health food tiktok wormhole and are getting shit advice. 

Nope, just drink milk 🥛 

I feel great and I didn't get advice from anyone. 

2 minutes ago, Ominous said:

So starvation diet. Your anus wants some fiber. 

I'm never hungry because of the milk. This is only temporary obviously and I'm almost finished. It's amazing how milk can quantify as a meal and gives you a ton of nutrition. 

Just now, Biggie said:

God please no. His anus destroys plumbing. It doesn't need any help.

I use too much toilet paper. I've used less and have had no issues. 

Losing 19 pounds in 2 weeks isn't healthy, nor really plausible. You'd have to be in a 4700 calorie deficit every day for 14 weeks to drop 19 pounds of body fat. Binge eating, starvation diets are terrible for your body and a sign of an eating disorder. 

13 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Losing 19 pounds in 2 weeks isn't healthy, nor really plausible. You'd have to be in a 4700 calorie deficit every day for 14 weeks to drop 19 pounds of body fat. Binge eating, starvation diets are terrible for your body and a sign of an eating disorder. 

At least he didn’t get advice from anybody. 

52 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Oh, I have a small eating disorder I believe. What I'm doing isn't healthy and I'm not looking for any approval.

5 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Or you could just eat reasonably and exercise. 

I used to all the time. Just the last few years I've just haven't had any motivation to excerice after a long day at work. 

I know you run which I used to love in my 20s. That in itself is so beneficial to not only your physical health but mental as well. Sigh

As a bodybuilder I find this thread interesting, extreme dietary alterations are our bread and butter.

With that said now that I’m older I notice I bloat hard on grains, it’s annoying so my diet has adjust accordingly.

32 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

As a bodybuilder I find this thread interesting, extreme dietary alterations are our bread and butter.

With that said now that I’m older I notice I bloat hard on grains, it’s annoying so my diet has adjust accordingly.

Roids and terrible yoyo diets. It's a wonder so many die young. 

One quick little tip that can add some variety to a milk diet is to leave some milk out overnight so that it hardens and becomes a nice solid treat you can eat with a fork! It’s helpful when you get a craving for solids after drinking only milk for so long.

1 hour ago, Ominous said:

Roids and terrible yoyo diets. It's a wonder so many die young. 

It’s not the diets, it’s the ancillary drugs. Modern day bodybuilders are touching drugs that scare me, my coach wanted me to use t3 and I flatly refused, I also never touched diuretics. Arnold, Zane, Columbo all bulked cut and lived long full lives

The steroids are dangerous, it’s the other shit we do that’s the worry.

• Hugs 1

17 hours ago, stepee said:

One quick little tip that can add some variety to a milk diet is to leave some milk out overnight so that it hardens and becomes a nice solid treat you can eat with a fork! It’s helpful when you get a craving for solids after drinking only milk for so long.

If you add a touch of yoghurt to this it's actually safe. Also an infinite source of yoghurt.

• True 1