Apple becomes first company to close above $3 trillion market capitalization value

107256478-1686749542809-gettyimages-1258
WWW.CNBC.COM

Apple's market cap topped $3 trillion on Friday, passing the $190.73 share price required to hit the milestone.

Apple’s market cap closed above $3 trillion for the first time ever on Friday, as its shares climbed about 2.31% to a new high and passed the $190.73 price required to hit the milestone, according to CNBC’s most recent share count.

Apple was the first company to hit a $3 trillion market cap during intraday trading in January 2022, but it failed to make it to the market close at that level.

It shows investors remain bullish on the stock and Apple’s portfolio of products and services, despite the company’s warning in May that its current quarter revenue is expected to fall about 3%.

1 hour ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I like my iPhone a lot more than I thought I would when I made the switch but the idea of using a Mac for any IT related thing still makes me lol. 

I have some personal issues with iPhones (like no consistent back button, no control over the layout, etc), but I do respect that it's 90% the same as most Android flavours (though I have a Pixel). iPhones get more hate than they deserve, though Apple itself deserves the hate for some very dumb choices (like proprietary ports, the standardization of non-removable batteries, etc). For the average person, though, an iPhone is perfectly acceptable (as are Androids).

But macOS is horrible for enterprise environments. For personal use it's fine, as most differences between it and Windows are just preference and what you know, but it lacks the ability to be easily managed at a large scale. The main enterprise MDM for it, Jamf (though there are better rivals, like Mosyle) gets worse and worse each year thanks to Apple insisting that certain actions cannot be done remotely. So my school division can set up 2,000 Windows laptops in the same time as 100 iMacs, for instance. And obviously in terms of software availability, macOS doesn't come close.

36 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

like no consistent back button

I know it's all personal preference stuff, but the notion of an "OS back button" that does completely different stuff depending on the last thing you did with absolutely no indication of what that was will never, ever make sense to me.

• True 1

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

I have some personal issues with iPhones (like no consistent back button, no control over the layout, etc), but I do respect that it's 90% the same as most Android flavours (though I have a Pixel). iPhones get more hate than they deserve, though Apple itself deserves the hate for some very dumb choices (like proprietary ports, the standardization of non-removable batteries, etc). For the average person, though, an iPhone is perfectly acceptable (as are Androids).

But macOS is horrible for enterprise environments. For personal use it's fine, as most differences between it and Windows are just preference and what you know, but it lacks the ability to be easily managed at a large scale. The main enterprise MDM for it, Jamf (though there are better rivals, like Mosyle) gets worse and worse each year thanks to Apple insisting that certain actions cannot be done remotely. So my school division can set up 2,000 Windows laptops in the same time as 100 iMacs, for instance. And obviously in terms of software availability, macOS doesn't come close.

Yeah I have plenty of criticism for the iPhone (including everything you mentioned) but it had one key feature that was the best option at the time I bought it that I needed (AirTags). That’s literally the only reason I switched. 

5 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I know it's all personal preference stuff, but the notion of an "OS back button" that does completely different stuff depending on the last thing you did with absolutely no indication of what that was will never, ever make sense to me.

You talking about Android? Because it's never given me any issue. If you've gone through multiple pages of something, you just go back a page, same as a mouse back button. If you're on the home page of an app and there's no "back" to go to, you just go back to the OS home screen. I'm sure there's some weird janky app out there but I've been using it for almost a decade and I can't say I've ever been even mildly confused by the back button.

• Halal 2

2 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:
230131110955-apple-workers-rights.jpg?c=
WWW.CNN.COM

Apple has illegally imposed rules on its employees that prohibit them from discussing their wages and engaging in other protected activity, according to investigators at the National Labor...

You win some you win some 

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

You talking about Android? Because it's never given me any issue. If you've gone through multiple pages of something, you just go back a page, same as a mouse back button. If you're on the home page of an app and there's no "back" to go to, you just go back to the OS home screen. I'm sure there's some weird janky app out there but I've been using it for almost a decade and I can't say I've ever been even mildly confused by the back button.

Android apps will occasionally exhibit some weird pathological behavior when you get to the bottom of the back button stack but I think that's got to be iOS-first devs trying to work on Android because the expected behavior is that when you get to the bottom of the stack it sends you back to where you launched the app from (either the home screen or the app drawer, generally speaking). The mere existence of an OS-defined back button that does what you'd expect the vast majority of the time is an obvious improvement over the shitshow where iOS leaves it to each dev to figure out their own desired back button functionality.

14 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Incidentally, enterprise managed Windows systems are fucking awful. The worst experience I've ever had with computers. Using managed systems makes me immediately understand why non computer people say they hate computers.

Given that, Apple failing to support enterprise management in the same way feels like wash :p