~*Official Utterly Useless Old Woman, AOC, and UBI Thread*~

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

"Having a list of things you want to get done is obviously foolish and naive. Everyone knows you only want power or need power in order to keep power."

Having one or two absolute deal breakers rather than a laundry last is a better strategy

33 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Nancy Pelosi, I can't emphasize this enough, fucking sucks.

She should resign, and have Barbra Lee or Jayapal become speaker, they don't suck.

Even fucking Nadler would probably be better.

13 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Back in the day, I worked on one of the SWAT reality shows, I think it was Detroit Swat, and they used a squad of SWAT officers and TWO Armored Vehicles to raid a crack house. One of the Armored Vehicles had a battering ram on the front of it and they rammed both vehicles into the house. At the end of it all they made one arrest and got a couple hundred dollars worth of crack :|

These absolute fucking morons. The deficit is wholly irrelevant, and we're looking at millions of long term unemployment because their jobs are permanently lost per the last bls report. Jesus fucking Christ.

Bipartisan anything with this crop of republicans is fucking stupid. You goddamn idiot marks. Republicans want no spending and no tax increases, this isn't hard to see. You fucking idiots.

But hey, vote blue no matter who

Second, we must create mechanisms to help Congress demonstrate greater accountability in navigating the decisions to restore our fiscal health and sustainability. Trust funds for Social Security, Disability Insurance, Medicare Hospital Insurance, and Highway programs face insolvency, now possibly all within a decade. Enacting a consensus process like the Time to Rescue United States Trusts (TRUST) Act would create special bipartisan, bicameral rescue committees to give these programs the priority and urgency they deserve. Other commission structures, such as those from the Sustainable Budget Act or the Budget Control Act’s joint select committee, provide models for a comprehensive fiscal agreement.  

Third, the federal debt is growing at an alarming pace. Though emergency borrowing is necessary now, we must have a credible plan for responsibility to bring the debt burden to sustainable levels as the pandemic recedes and the economy recovers. We support a process for establishing overall budgetary goals—such as debt-to-GDP targets—that would reduce debt-limit brinkmanship as long as the budget remains on a responsible path. 

Like how much of a fucking mouth breather do you have to be to sign on to this document with Dan Crenshaw?

This is intended to keep spending from rising (and in fact to cut spending) and keep tax cuts, largely for the wealthy, in place. Republicans do not care about the deficit. They don't. They do like it as a tool to attack spending and democrats, and we keep having people fall for their bullshit narrative.

And if you can't protect Medicare and social security from cuts, especially with taxes on the wealthy so fucking low, what the fuck are you doing in the party? This isn't about expansion it's about not locking in and securing right wing goals of cutting what little social safety net we have under the guise of bipartisanship. It's not like it's one or two errant members, but it's enough to sink the majority.

1 hour ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

Even considering austerity measures at this point is something that matters VERY much, especially when none of them will be austere enough for House Republicans.

But nothing has been legitimately proposed yet as law. Let me know when that happens. This is just virtue signaling bs on their part imo.

54 minutes ago, Jose said:

But nothing has been legitimately proposed yet as law. Let me know when that happens. This is just virtue signaling bs on their part imo.

I, too, like to ignore content and context of the letter they signed on with a bunch of republicans to try and dunk on the left

4 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I, too, like to ignore content and context of the letter they signed on with a bunch of republicans to try and dunk on the left

Go back to getting furious Manchin for meaningless votes but only being mildly annoyed at Bernie when he disappears in a time of crisis.

It shows that Dems haven't learned a fucking thing, they keep playing into republican framing of issues, again. It's a pervasive rot at the core of the democratic establishment messaging that bipartisanship is an end in and of itself and Dems are just here to smooth the gutting of our government and services that are massively popular.

Also, to pull a trump and quote myself:

They're not even waiting for a Biden win to hamstring ourselves on debt/deficit messaging and hand wringing.

Also I don't give a shit about Bernie. He's a tool, as a politician, whose time has passed and hasn't shown any leadership since he dropped out. So not sure what your point is there.

45 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

It shows that Dems haven't learned a fucking thing, they keep playing into republican framing of issues, again. It's a pervasive rot at the core of the democratic establishment messaging that bipartisanship is an end in and of itself and Dems are just here to smooth the gutting of our government and services that are massively popular.

Also, to pull a trump and quote myself:

They're not even waiting for a Biden win to hamstring ourselves on debt/deficit messaging and hand wringing.

Also I don't give a shit about Bernie. He's a tool, as a politician, whose time has passed and hasn't shown any leadership since he dropped out. So not sure what your point is there.

The point is you call out moderate Dems for doing stuff that might not even make a difference, but you brush over a leftist killing bills with his absentia.

32 minutes ago, Jose said:

The point is you call out moderate Dems for doing stuff that might not even make a difference, but you brush over a leftist killing bills with his absentia.

I'm fairly certain that @b_m_b_m_b_m was pretty damned livid at WhatsHisName over his inexplicable, indefensible absence for that vote.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

I'm fairly certain that @b_m_b_m_b_m was pretty damned livid at WhatsHisName over his inexplicable, indefensible absence for that vote.

I'd like to point out that until others commented, my ire was directed only at Bernie and not Manchin and other so-called centrist democrats in purple states (plus TK&MW and Diane Fienstein)

• Thanks 1