What are your dating red flags?

Fizzzzle

40 minutes ago, Brian said:

My only rule when I was dating no crazy ex. If you have one, I’m out. Nothing is more fun than going to a bar and having the ex eye fuck you for hours. 

This made me think of another red flag, though I know it's not what you're talking about here.

If the person says that all of their exes are crazy or assholes, it's usually just a matter of time until you're another crazy asshole in their past. :daydream:

31 minutes ago, Nokra said:

This made me think of another red flag, though I know it's not what you're talking about here.

If the person says that all of their exes are crazy or assholes, it's usually just a matter of time until you're another crazy asshole in their past. :daydream:

"If it smells like shit everywhere you go, look at your shoes"

-fizzzzles papaw

• True 1

2 hours ago, Brian said:

My only rule when I was dating no crazy ex. If you have one, I’m out. Nothing is more fun than going to a bar and having the ex eye fuck you for hours. 

I have a crazy ex, I think she's finally done though thank god. A year after she dumped me she sent me a dollar on Venmo with a longwinded message asking for life advice saying she was doing it because she didn't know how else to reach me. Because I'd blocked her everywhere else after she showed up banging on my door at 11 PM for an hour straight a month after she dumped me.

She dumped me because I wasn't ready to get married and have babies and I think after a month she realized her biological clock was ticking and she wasn't going to find anyone else ready to make babies with her on the timeline she wanted.

13 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Try it out, it's great. They don't want you to be their dad - they already have one (hopefully). Baby daddy *certainly* doesn't want you stepping in on his territory.

Dating someone who already has a kid or two is kind of freeing. It's like "you do your thing, I'm gonna do my thing while you're doing your thing, and we'll just meet when it's convenient and baby daddy has the kids for the weekend."

Post menopausal is the best because you can go IN! spacer.png

• Hype 1

14 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Try it out, it's great. They don't want you to be their dad - they already have one (hopefully). Baby daddy *certainly* doesn't want you stepping in on his territory.

Dating someone who already has a kid or two is kind of freeing. It's like "you do your thing, I'm gonna do my thing while you're doing your thing, and we'll just meet when it's convenient and baby daddy has the kids for the weekend."

I have kinda warmed up to this idea. I said recently in another thread that I’ll never have kids, but if I’m going to start dating in my 30’s, if she already has a kid that’s already in school or whatever, and I can just kinda be the guy who shows up occasionally as needed, that doesn’t sound too bad. 

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, Nokra said:

Another one for the dating apps:

All of their pictures are them trying to look like a hot/sexy model rather than just being a normal smiling human. :daydream:

Dont: get me started in dating apps... I could make a list a mile long. Some of the big ones though:

Every photo taken from an angle that only seems possible via drone.

Every photo is a selfie and/or has a snapchat filter.

Gives one word replies, here is one of my all time favorites:

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

Don't get me wrong I respect him and he's obviously a transcendent talent as far as technical ability but he is just is not my cup of tea at all. I rather listen to a two chord dissonant mess like Heroin by the Velvet Underground than highly technical guitar wanking.

I don't disagree with you. Not every song is a back to back banger. However, the song I posted is one of his best and awesome even for the biggest haters out there.

9 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I don't disagree with you. Not every song is a back to back banger. However, the song I posted is one of his best and awesome even for the biggest haters out there.

Parts of the song kinda reminded me of Mountain Song by Jane's Addiction so thats probably why :p

• Hype 1

3 hours ago, Kamusha said:

Well on my last date she told me she couldn’t drive because she had two DUI’s, then preceded to get drunk over the course of the night. So that, I guess.

Not the worst thing in the world. Certainly better that than "I'm fInE tO dRiVe iKnOw tHe RoAd"

As soon as someone ascribes any inherent value to driving, they've lost me.

I don't drive because I got into a really bad accident and now it plays over and over again in my head whenever I get behind the wheel. I essentially don't drive because of PTSD. One of my best friends can't drive because he has epilepsy. And I also have one friend who pretty much chooses not to drive because she also had 2 DUIs and she would rather give up driving than drinking.

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

Not the worst thing in the world. Certainly better that than "I'm fInE tO dRiVe iKnOw tHe RoAd"

As soon as someone ascribes any inherent value to driving, they've lost me.

I don't drive because I got into a really bad accident and now it plays over and over again in my head whenever I get behind the wheel. I essentially don't drive because of PTSD. One of my best friends can't drive because he has epilepsy. And I also have one friend who pretty much chooses not to drive because she also had 2 DUIs and she would rather give up driving than drinking.

It's truly amazing that we allow people to keep driving after their second DUI.

4 hours ago, Kamusha said:

Well on my last date she told me she couldn’t drive because she had two DUI’s, then preceded to get drunk over the course of the night. So that, I guess.

I thought you were into guys. No judgement, but are you bi/pan? I just recall thinking before you came out as trans, you identified as a gay dude. 

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's truly amazing that we allow people to keep driving after their second DUI.

Agreed. My uncle did actual prison time for his third DUI. Or maybe it was his fourth.

One of my exes got her license revoked. Not suspended, revoked. Meanwhile my uncle has literally been to prison because he can't keep his shit together but he's still allowed to drive.

27 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Agreed. My uncle did actual prison time for his third DUI. Or maybe it was his fourth.

One of my exes got her license revoked. Not suspended, revoked. Meanwhile my uncle has literally been to prison because he can't keep his shit together but he's still allowed to drive.

jfc about your uncle. Was your ex's revoked for something other than a DUI?

This won't happen in the US because collectively we don't want to deal with the consequences of making driving a de facto requirement for participation in society in most of the country, but what would probably make sense is something like first DUI is severe non-prison consequences, second DUI is permanent license revocation, and only proceed to prison time if the person keeps trying to drive after having their license revoked.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

jfc about your uncle. Was your ex's revoked for something other than a DUI?

This won't happen in the US because collectively we don't want to deal with the consequences of making driving a de facto requirement for participation in society in most of the country, but what would probably make sense is something like first DUI is severe non-prison consequences, second DUI is permanent license revocation, and only proceed to prison time if the person keeps trying to drive after having their license revoked.

The solution is investment in public transit. 

The thing is WE'RE NOT TRYING TO BAN CARS, FOR FUCKS SAKE. we're just trying to give people transportation options that aren't cars. It's like people who oppose high density housing. We're not trying to force you to live in skyscrapers, we just want the option between mcmansions and condo towers to be a thing 

32 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

The solution is investment in public transit. 

The thing is WE'RE NOT TRYING TO BAN CARS, FOR FUCKS SAKE. we're just trying to give people transportation options that aren't cars. It's like people who oppose high density housing. We're not trying to force you to live in skyscrapers, we just want the option between mcmansions and condo towers to be a thing 

But what about mah freedumbs and feefees? And how else is everyone going to know what an enormous dick I have if I don't drive a truck to work in the city? :( *

* to be clear, I do not actually drive a truck. :p 

17 minutes ago, Nokra said:

But what about mah freedumbs and feefees? And how else is everyone going to know what an enormous dick I have if I don't drive a truck to work in the city? :( *

* to be clear, I do not actually drive a truck. :p 

I already know you have an enormous dick, you don't have to advertise it to everyone else.

14 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I drive a truck and work in the city. 😑

No one is trying to strip you of the ability to drive your truck. The idea is to give people options to not have to drive a truck. That shit drives me bonkers. Over half of the population of the US lives in major metro areas, and the average american spends $11k/year on their cars. For most americans, that's like a third of their income. Fucking stop. We could make a serious dent in eliminating poverty if we just put money into pubilc transit.

"oh but TraAinS aRe A WaStE oN PubLic MoNeY." When was the last time you drove on a toll road? Roads cost far more than rail lines, by orders of magnitude.

... sorry, I get worked up when someone mentions "truck."

Just now, Fizzzzle said:

No one is trying to strip you of the ability to drive your truck. The idea is to give people options to not have to drive a truck. That shit drives me bonkers. Over half of the population of the US lives in major metro areas, and the average american spends $11k/year on their cars. For most americans, that's like a third of their income. Fucking stop. We could make a serious dent in eliminating poverty if we just put money into pubilc transit.

"oh but TraAinS aRe A WaStE oN PubLic MoNeY." When was the last time you drove on a toll road? Roads cost far more than rail lines, by orders of magnitude.

... sorry, I get worked up when someone mentions "truck."

I was responding to Nokra, dude.