Old Man Trips On Sandbag

33 minutes ago, Nokra said:

Would it be better if he was younger than 80? Sure, but he immediately got up and was walking away. That's pretty good for 80, I'd say, and goes against the "Biden is old and decrepit" narrative IMO. 

:shrug:

Sure it's easy to get up and walk away when much younger men lift you!

I could have said Biden needs young men to get it up but I didn't.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nokra said:

Would it be better if he was younger than 80? Sure, but he immediately got up and was walking away. That's pretty good for 80, I'd say, and goes against the "Biden is old and decrepit" narrative IMO. 

I turned a little too tight on my bike a couple days ago and actually lost my balance and landed on my knee for the first time since I was like 15. While I got back up and was "fine," my body signaled upon my knee hitting the concrete that my time had come. So I'd say getting back up at 80's pretty good! I'm not even 40!

• Hugs 2

1 hour ago, Reputator said:

Sure it's easy to get up and walk away when much younger men lift you!

I could have said Biden needs young men to get it up but I didn't.

I mean, he didn't break a hip or something, so I think we can cut the 80-year-old some slack. :p 

• Halal 1

Shit like this doesn't move my needle. What moves my needle is that, at his age, dementia can hit at any moment. It can happen a lot faster than you think. I watched it happen with my grandparents. With my grandfather, it was a very gradual process, and he died at 79. With my grandmother, it happened practically overnight. I talked to her once in March and everything was fine, then I talked to her again in June and she couldn't remember who I was. She went from fine to fucked in the span of about 3 months. She lingered on for another 6 years or so after that, but she was pretty much a vegetable for the last couple years. Also she rarely drank and hadn't smoked in like 30 years.

Both of my grandparents (yes I only have 2, my dad was an orphan) died younger than Joe Biden is now.

Maybe Biden will make it through the next term with his wits intact. Maybe he wont't. Yes, any one of us could get hit by a bus tomorrow, but it's not very likely. It IS very likely that Joe Biden's mind will start to slip by 2028, if it hasn't already. And you can't say "well he's fine so far" as an excuse. The shit can turn on a dime, I've seen it. Same with Trump, for that matter. We need to stop electing people who fucking wear diapers, no matter how much good @SaysWho? says they're doing.

A fun little fact is that Edith Wilson was de facto the first female president because Woodrow Wilson was a stick short of a coma for the last 18 months or so of his presidency. They didn't want anyone to know, so Edith Wilson basically ran the country for the rest of his term.

Fucking stop fucking electing geriatric diaper-wearing assholes who we're like "tune in to see whether they'll survive their term!" Stop. Fucking stop it. We're talking about the motherfucking leader of the free world. The person who has the keys to armageddon, and we're just going to say "ah, he's fine so far." Fuck that. Do I want Biden to be president over Donald Trump? Abso-fucking-lutely. Do I think he should be president? NO! ARE YOU INSANE?! I wouldn't want my Uber driver to be 80 years old, let alone the guy who has keys to the fucking nukes.

• Confused 1
  • True 1
  • Halal 2

On 6/1/2023 at 7:57 PM, Nokra said:

I mean, he was immediately lifted up by secret service.