Quitting my job today

stepee

Just now, Biggie said:

Quitters never win. And winners never quit. 

That being said fuck the man and his slave driver mentality. Good luck sir. 

Isn't it sad that when someone quits their job the first reaction is well hope you got another one because most of us can't quit some BS job for a few months for our mental health or whatever. 

• Sad 1
  • True 1
  • Hugs 1

1 minute ago, Dodger said:

Isn't it sad that when someone quits their job the first reaction is well hope you got another one because most of us can't quit some BS job for a few months for our mental health or whatever. 

I’m pay check to pay check. Living the dream I tell ya. 

I can't quit my job, but I did pretty much take all of January and February off, it was pretty nice. But then I injured my shoulder and unintentionally also had to take March and April off, which wasn't as nice.

Anyway, I'm happy for you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

@gamer.tv quit his job before you. If he wasn't visiting Crystal Lake he'd be your brother right now.

It was a great feeling, then being a student again was a great feeling…though having no money after 2

months and a pregnant wife was somewhat stressful. 

On the subject of jobs: I just started working on a polisci masters as after speaking to some of the people at the community college where my kids are going. They are looking for more part time instructors in econ and polisci. Seems like a fun thing to do, but I need to get 18 hours of polisci graduate level work to be able to do both subjects. Theoretically I could just hit the 18 hours and bail, but another 3 semesters and I get that extra piece of paper to hang in my mother’s hallway.

24 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

On the subject of jobs: I just started working on a polisci masters as after speaking to some of the people at the community college where my kids are going. They are looking for more part time instructors in econ and polisci. Seems like a fun thing to do, but I need to get 18 hours of polisci graduate level work to be able to do both subjects. Theoretically I could just hit the 18 hours and bail, but another 3 semesters and I get that extra piece of paper to hang in my mother’s hallway.

Nice!

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Nice!

Meeting some of the kids in classes with my son, and seeing how many are constantly on the edge of quitting...it made me very interested in this particular area of education. I think a sadly large percentage of the population ends up really discouraged by the prospect of more school once they aren't required to be there, but the numbers still say it is a super worthwhile investment of your time and money. I'm a true believer that there is no such thing as a person for which school isn't for them, just modes of learning that don't work for everybody. We have so many cool tools now to better aid in the teaching process so people don't get left behind. Community colleges can play a huge role in that do to the average class size being so small. I think most of the courses my son is in are 20 or less!

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

Meeting some of the kids in classes with my son, and seeing how many are constantly on the edge of quitting...it made me very interested in this particular area of education. I think a sadly large percentage of the population ends up really discouraged by the prospect of more school once they aren't required to be there, but the numbers still say it is a super worthwhile investment of your time and money. I'm a true believer that there is no such thing as a person for which school isn't for them, just modes of learning that don't work for everybody. We have so many cool tools now to better aid in the teaching process so people don't get left behind. Community colleges can play a huge role in that do to the average class size being so small. I think most of the courses my son is in are 20 or less!

I actually have this radical teaching idea regarding computer science where the class would teach you about modern computers and how to use them in ways that correlate to actual work people would do around computers and networking. These majors coming out of school and they are like “where is the ‘any’ key?”

On 5/31/2023 at 9:09 PM, stepee said:

I actually have this radical teaching idea regarding computer science where the class would teach you about modern computers and how to use them in ways that correlate to actual work people would do around computers and networking. These majors coming out of school and they are like “where is the ‘any’ key?”

Funnily enough, I’m the computing lead at my primary school and one of my projects is aligned with digital literacy and core skills for children to succeed both in our computing curriculum, and later on. Mostly it involves learning to use a mouse, keyboard, and some easy shortcuts. 

• Hugs 1

• 2 weeks later...