Quitting my job today

stepee

54 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

So, today.  You slept in, then played video games?

And answered a few work questions! Well, it’s only 12:45pm here, so I’m just about to start the video gamin. Also gonna start planning out a short Reno trip in a week or so.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2023 at 10:56 AM, sblfilms said:

On the subject of jobs: I just started working on a polisci masters as after speaking to some of the people at the community college where my kids are going. They are looking for more part time instructors in econ and polisci. Seems like a fun thing to do, but I need to get 18 hours of polisci graduate level work to be able to do both subjects. Theoretically I could just hit the 18 hours and bail, but another 3 semesters and I get that extra piece of paper to hang in my mother’s hallway.

Honestly we need to do a better job at fostering creativity. I feel like we went way too hard over the last 20 years or so at "DO STEM OR DIE, BITCHES"

1 minute ago, stepee said:

I gotta say that so far I like doing this better than working. Not having a specific time to wake up or that I have to go to bed is nice and I like not having to be stressed over this and that. 

early retirement? 

1 hour ago, stepee said:

I gotta say that so far I like doing this better than working. Not having a specific time to wake up or that I have to go to bed is nice and I like not having to be stressed over this and that. 

So wait a minute... Hold the phone...

You're saying you prefer NOT working... to working?!

I'm happy for you. Lord knows if I was in your situation I'd goddamn well say I earned it. Now if only I can find a city truck... (I'm kidding, I don't want to minimize your trauma)

• Hugs 1

2 hours ago, stepee said:

Do you also have a tendency towards being a night owl? When I was a student, I had more or less this same life but I found that, because I was up so much later than most people (frequently going to bed at 3 or 4) it got a little bit isolating, since the rest of the world generally doesn't operate that way. 

I'm sure you're a responsible dude who is more than capable of looking after his mental health, not to mention that you might react very differently; just a word to the wise. :hug:

Just now, Nokra said:

Do you also have a tendency towards being a night owl? When I was a student, I had more or less this same life but I found that, because I was up so much later than most people (frequently going to bed at 3 or 4) it got a little bit isolating, since the rest of the world generally doesn't operate that way. 

I'm sure you're a responsible dude who is more than capable of looking after his mental health, not to mention that you might react very differently; just a word to the wise. :hug:

I tend to keep a pretty normal schedule. I don’t like to sleep in too late regardless of what time I go to bed, and usually my body just wakes me up at 8am even if I go to bed at 2am. It’s nice being able to stay up later if you want and not have to worry about being tired for work or late or whatever though.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

I took January off on purpose and then took February-march (and a little of April) off NOT on purpose and I found that my bed time was roughly 2 hours later than the previous night. And I usually sleep about 6 hours per day. So essentially I operated on a 26 hour schedule, sun be damned. Sometimes I would wake up at 6am, sometimes I would wake up at 6pm