Alabama Governor Fires Education Official over Wokeness

37 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Also are you implying that people will fraudulently change their gender for a competition with lower stakes than the hundreds of thousands of dollars the Spanish state was paying special Olympics athletes?

Weirdos cheat in my recreational kickball league by getting top tier high school athletes to play even though it’s a 21+ league, because most of us playing are 30-50 and these flippin’ kids just run circles around us 😂 City started making everybody on the roster show their driver’s licenses before games 😂😂😂

While taking responsibility for the cheating, the president of Feddi also maintained, during his trial, that he had only exploited a regulatory loophole: “If someone wants to cheat, it’s hard to detect. It's easy to pretend you have low intelligence.”

Please consider just a little bit of a risk/reward calculation 

high risk high reward = these Spanish frauds

low risk low reward = intramural kickball or whatever

high risk low reward = trans athlete at a sub professional level

22 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Please consider just a little bit of a risk/reward calculation 

high risk high reward = these Spanish frauds

low risk low reward = intramural kickball or whatever

high risk low reward = trans athlete at a sub professional level

Scholarship and NIL money are not low reward, what are you talking about man. It is precisely why female athletes have been complaining.

The average value of an athletic scholarship to a state school is > than the average value of a professional women’s sports salary! Even the higher salary sports leagues like the WNBA are only in the average of $100k per player.

8 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Scholarship and NIL money are not low reward, what are you talking about man. It is precisely why female athletes have been complaining.

I think sbl has me on block, but:

This viewpoint (sbl's) implies that, just like the Spanish players pretending to be disabled, that trans women are pretending to be women for the sake of a sports competition. It's an insulting view.

17 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

The average value of an athletic scholarship to a state school is > than the average value of a professional women’s sports salary! Even the higher salary sports leagues like the WNBA are only in the average of $100k per player.

is this great mass of trans women taking scholarships and wnba jobs in the room with you now??

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

is this great mass of trans women taking scholarships and wnba jobs in the room with you now??

I’m not talking about trans people, I have explicitly said this over and over. I am once again reminded why I made a point to not engage in discussion of a handful of issues here because people have a real hard time not making things up to argue against. 

Carry on!

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I’m not talking about trans people, I have explicitly said this over and over. I am once again reminded why I made a point to not engage in discussion of a handful of issues here because people have a real hard time not making things up to argue against. 

Carry on!

in a discussion about trans women in  athletics you’re not talking about trans women

ok

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

in a discussion about trans women in  athletics you’re not talking about trans women

ok

Yes. What is confusing about “loser dudes will pretend to be trans”? Adults and older teens have pretended to be 12 year old children to play in the little league word series (the story of the Philippines team from the 80s is hilarious). Average intelligence people have pretended to be intellectual disabled to win at the Special Olympics. If you remove the sex distinction in men and women’s athletics, you will undoubtedly see men pretend to be trans go win in women’s athletics because anytime there is a financial incentive to do so, people will do it. There are certainly ways to craft rules that could be largely satisfactory to these various issues and would prevent abuse by men.

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Yes. What is confusing about “loser dudes will pretend to be trans”? Adults and older teens have pretended to be 12 year old children to play in the little league word series (the story of the Philippines team from the 80s is hilarious). Average intelligence people have pretended to be intellectual disabled to win at the Special Olympics. If you remove the sex distinction in men and women’s athletics, you will undoubtedly see men pretend to be trans go win in women’s athletics because anytime there is a financial incentive to do so, people will do it. There are certainly ways to craft rules that could be largely satisfactory to these various issues and would prevent abuse by men.

Absolute bullshit. that’s all there is to it

• Halal 1

How to include transwomen in sports is one of those issues that will never see a satisfactory result, yet gets significantly more play than it really deserves.

You're never going to come up with a solution that keeps both elite athletes who identify as women that were born with a uterus happy, while at the same time keeping elite athletes that identify as women that were born with a penis happy.  It gets even more complex when you have to deal with intersex individuals like Caster Semenya.  I am sure people will still be arguing about how to solve this in 100-years making the exact arguments that were made in the last 3-pages of this thread.

The reality is the money in women's sports comes from NCAA scholarships and the Olympics.  Maybe, the better solution is to look into whether people really are comfortable about how either of those organizations are run.  Perhaps getting rid of the financial incentives of non-professional sports will mostly make this debate go away.

Carry-on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Absolute bullshit. that’s all there is to it

No meaningful daylight between "loser dudes will pretend to be trans women to win at sports" and "rapist dudes will dress up as women to go on a rape spree in women's bathrooms".

I love how when you make a point like “low reward” for college athletics and it is shown to be utterly false, you then pivot to its just BS.

@b_m_b_m_b_m It’s fine to just say you aren’t concerned with the issues that competitive women athletes seem to care about and are more concerned with how these thing impact trans issues generally. That is a fair position to hold, but don’t keep shifting goal posts each time your weak points are noted by others. 

12 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Perhaps getting rid of the financial incentives of non-professional sports will mostly make this debate go away.

It is literally the only thing you can do. It is why it doesn’t matter for young kids and younger teens to have any distinctions. The only thing on the line their is the vicarious glory of weirdo parents 😂

Going waaaaay back to the original topic, it is always funny to me how easy it is for politicians to create buzzwords that they never have to actually define. These words end up having a fond of utility because they can mean whatever they need them to mean in any given context. 

My mom stopped drinking Diet Coke for a few months when Coke “went woke” when, to the best of my understanding, they just advocated for laws that increased voting access. What it really meant to her there is that Coke was critical of Georgia Republicans and that bothered her.

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

All the greater argument to eliminate competitive sport completely, including any financial incentives to hold it and compete in it.

What a nonsense opinion from someone who has clearly never competed in anything. 

“I don’t like it, so it should be gone.”

3 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Also are you implying that people will fraudulently change their gender for a competition with lower stakes than the hundreds of thousands of dollars the Spanish state was paying special Olympics athletes?

69276765-0-image-a-34_1680153436152.jpg
WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

A male coach claimed to be a woman in a powerlifting competition and smashed the female bench press record in protest of gender...

Note: The record he beat belonged to a trans woman. 

7 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

69276765-0-image-a-34_1680153436152.jpg
WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

A male coach claimed to be a woman in a powerlifting competition and smashed the female bench press record in protest of gender...

Note: The record he beat belonged to a trans woman. 

So you're using a troll as an example? lol

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

So you're using a troll as an example? lol

You just completely ignored that the record he beat was a trans woman on purpose.

We’re arguing about dimorphism in sports, and this is clear evidence of it. Before transitioning, that previous record holder wouldn’t have made an amateur mens powerlifting meet. They were in no way a competitive powerlifter before that.

6 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

There's no meaningful level of "pretend" when it comes to transitioning. If someone is that committed to transition enough to requalify then they become whatever gender they're trying to be. Why not? 

Because this needed to be said.

Cross dressing ≠ transgender

I would love to see an example of someone who actually became transgender to "compete in women's sports". This feels like one of those made up fears like complaining that someone is going to become trans to sneak into women's restrooms.

• Halal 1

4 hours ago, unogueen said:

Speaking of bone density, it shifts on the hourly. Our bodies are a constant shifting, pulsing, writhing, ejecting nightmare. And what regulates all those actions? Hormones! Much like a cow hormones fuck with humans, we're not that specific.

The variance of bone density to which you refer is orders of magnitude removed from the difference in bone density between biological males and females. 

Stop being obtuse. 

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, GoldenTongue said:

The variance of bone density to which you refer is orders of magnitude removed from the difference in bone density between biological males and females. 

Stop being obtuse. 

Not obtuse. If you prefer me to reference bio and physio terms that 99% of the population have never heard of that's one thing. I'm making the inference that the male/female schism is as much man-made than any proper geno-phenotype. This whole athletic argument already requires a very heavy handed scenario where it's either malice to 'replace' women, or some bio-truth bullshit due to the fact that gender affirming treatment hasn't been readily available like this in a while. If adult transitioners have you worried, blame society for blockading the path so insistently. The proliferation of such treatment would mean readily availability at all life stages and would ease such fears, but that means being uncomfortable for a while for some. Which is not something new to the world but let's try to keep it to making good progress yeah?

17 hours ago, GoldenTongue said:

Stop being obtuse. 

I was gonna say this but figured why bother? "Rational" people like to pretend biology and physics don't exist when it suits them.

Crafting a new tiered gendered reality is exactly the brainworms I expect from 'rational' minds. Spectrum identities have existed as societal staples all across the globe, and now that society has a gym boner we have to shut the whole thing down. What about trans men in men's leagues?

On 4/24/2023 at 9:14 PM, Anathema- said:

There's no meaningful level of "pretend" when it comes to transitioning. If someone is that committed to transition enough to requalify then they become whatever gender they're trying to be. Why not? 

What is the level of transitioning required for someone to be considered transgender?

On 4/24/2023 at 6:26 PM, BloodyHell said:

You just completely ignored that the record he beat was a trans woman on purpose.

We’re arguing about dimorphism in sports, and this is clear evidence of it. Before transitioning, that previous record holder wouldn’t have made an amateur mens powerlifting meet. They were in no way a competitive powerlifter before that.

He was trying to make the point that the Powerlifting definition of transgender made no sense, and was open to abuse.  There was probably a better way to do it.  [This doesn't necessarily negate your original post, but I'm not sure this example supports it all that well either.]

3 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Exactly.  You can "pretend" if you define transgender in the way most of us recognize transgender people -- if they verbalize that they identify as a gender that is different than their birth.

Or I have a more nuanced perspective than that.

Tell me your pronouns I’ll refer to you as such, I’ll treat you as the gender you identify with wherever you are in your transition. I don’t give two shits; you’re a man I’ll call you as such it impacts me in no appreciable way.

who I would fuck/date. Further along in the transition, more feminine appearing, doesn’t mean fully bottom surgery yet as there was this one trans girl who hadn’t gone through the surgery yet but she was hot and anal is great and her hips who fire. But I’m attracted to femininity so I need that to be intimate.

Athletics. The effects of testosterone are pronounced and known. I’ve dated cis women who compete in powerlifting and bodybuilding and I’ve been stronger and more muscular despite them being taking anabolics as well.

Its almost like there’s an entire tapestry  here we need to discuss.

• True 1

2 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Or I have a more nuanced perspective than that.

Tell me your pronouns I’ll refer to you as such, I’ll treat you as the gender you identify with wherever you are in your transition. I don’t give two shits; you’re a man I’ll call you as such it impacts me in no appreciable way.

who I would fuck/date. Further along in the transition, more feminine appearing, doesn’t mean fully bottom surgery yet as there was this one trans girl who hadn’t gone through the surgery yet but she was hot and anal is great and her hips who fire. But I’m attracted to femininity so I need that to be intimate.

Athletics. The effects of testosterone are pronounced and known. I’ve dated cis women who compete in powerlifting and bodybuilding and I’ve been stronger and more muscular despite them being taking anabolics as well.

Its almost like there’s an entire tapestry  here we need to discuss.

The context you were referring to.