Alabama Governor Fires Education Official over Wokeness

I want someone who gets fired because of wokeness to take it to court but to base their argument on stating that they are not woke. Basically a big trial about if someone was woke or not. Then I want the entire earth to just explode into nothing but a distant memory in the eyes of distant stars. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

I want someone who gets fired because of wokeness to take it to court but to base their argument on stating that they are not woke. Basically a big trial about if someone was woke or not. Then I want the entire earth to just explode into nothing but a distant memory in the eyes of distant stars. 

No

• Haha 1

On 4/24/2023 at 2:00 AM, TUFKAK said:

Perfect isn’t the enemy of good.

Societal change is a marathon not a sprint my guy.

I was way more pissed off than most about the rail strike I assure you but name me the last democrat president who was pro-union in policy not just words. Definitely far better than the last democrat on that front.

As far as trans athletes, in strength related sports the effects of testosterone are pronounced. Arguing against that is ridiculous but this argument isn’t actually about fairness in sports and we know it.

HRT does weaken strength in trans women considerably after 36 months of use, but still may be above levels of the average cis woman. But based on how even many well-meaning people discuss this issue you would think that trans women have the same strength  advantages as cis men and that is simply not true.

But to repeat what others said this is simply a distraction meant to persuade more moderates to side with the transphobes pushing for discrimination against the community as a whole, and not just trans athletes.

• Halal 1

3 minutes ago, Kamusha said:

HRT does weaken strength in trans women considerably after 36 months of use, but still may be above levels of the average cis woman. But based on how even many well-meaning people discuss this issue you would think that trans women have the same strength  advantages as cis men and that is simply not true.

But to repeat what others said this is simply a distraction meant to persuade more moderates to side with the transphobes pushing for discrimination against the community as a whole, and not just trans athletes.

Im well aware of this nor do I believe trans women have the same advantages of cis men.

10 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Im well aware of this nor do I believe trans women have the same advantages of cis men.

I’m glad you do but nothing in your post indicated that you did. Plenty of people don’t seem to realize that so

it wasn’t out of bounds to assume you didn’t considering you were focusing on the affects of testosterone without once mentioning the affects of HRT. 

9 minutes ago, Kamusha said:

I’m glad you do but nothing in your post indicated that you did. Plenty of people don’t seem to realize that so

it wasn’t out of bounds to assume you didn’t considering you were focusing on the affects of testosterone without once mentioning the affects of HRT. 

I’m sure you’ve seen my perspective on this topic, in the past here I’ve referenced the cumulative effects of testosterone so the fault was mine by not restating that again in that post.

10 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

What is the level of transitioning required for someone to be considered transgender?

To be determined by the licensing agency for the sport? I've heard of some using a standard that requires two years of HRT plus maybe some other things sounds reasonable to me. We're not trying to define man or woman here just give a swing at fairness and change if it doesn't work. Literally all rules in sports are like this. 

Just now, TUFKAK said:

I’m sure you’ve seen my perspective on this topic, in the past here I’ve referenced the cumulative effects of testosterone so the fault was mine by not restating that again in that post.

I was away from this board for nearly a year. I apologize for assuming what you meant, I’m just unfortunately used to arguing with those who don’t understand it.

Water under the bridge tho. Like others have said this is just a distraction, and legislation that has passed will just be more intrusive to the cis women in sports they claim to protect by subjecting them to weird inspections of their body and genetics.

• Halal 1