Disney Confirms Marvel Will Take Over The Xmen Films

56 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

They may decide to start the Xmen as youth... you know like they were when they originally debuted back in the 60's. The original team was about the same age as Spiderman who is also a teenager in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

yeah I know, but Professor X was not a teen and had already come to terms with his powers and whatnot. Of course maybe they have no plans to use prof X. It's all crazy conjecture at this point, but if Feige is overseeing it I'm fairly confident it get handled well. 

I trust Fiege will make sure the X-Men and the idea of mutants will be introduced well and properly. 

I have thought about how they can introduce the X-Men and mutants. I think the snap is a bit much but then again my fav superhero is dam near the most effective member of his superhero team without zero super powers, so if written well I will buy it. I like the idea of mutants have always been around but Xavier has been doing some work with others to keep it under warps. But I do like what was said earlier and starting the idea the X-Men starting up now to be the way to go instead of them being around for while. 

The groundwork for mutants appearing has already been laid kinda... in the original Xmen comics, it was thought that the increase in nuclear testing was responsible for mutants appearing in the 40's 50's and 60's. With all of the Alien contact that the Earth in the Marvel Cinematic Universe has seen, you could easily point to something environmental (Terrigen mists, alien tech, etc.) to causing Mutants to start to appear in the world. I'm confident Fiege and Marvel can make it work and it would just make the Marvel Cinematic Universe richer with the Avengers, FF, Xmen and Spiderman all in one consistent world. I'm excited.

• Like 1

Call me crazy but as much as a X-Men fan I am, I'm more interested in how the FF will be introduced a to be upfront with folks, how Dr. Doom, Silver Surfer, and Galactus come into the fold. I never thought the heroes in space concept would translate well onto the big screen for a comic book property and Marvel has made it work with multiple movies now. 

2 minutes ago, Hurdyb1 said:

Call me crazy but as much as a X-Men fan I am, I'm more interested in how the FF will be introduced a to be upfront with folks, how Dr. Doom, Silver Surfer, and Galactus come into the fold. I never thought the heroes in space concept would translate well onto the big screen for a comic book property and Marvel has made it work with multiple movies now. 

Oh I'm MUCH more excited for the FF to be brought into the MCU don't get me wrong. I can totally see Reed Richards taking Tony Stark's place as the defacto leader of the MCU provided they cast him properly. and a Big screen Hulk vs Thing fight??? Yes please :D

1- Fuck Jean Grey. 

2- Fuck the Phoenix saga. Lame. 

3- The snap shouldn't create mutants, a few avengers should ride into a new Universe where mutants always existed and as the older original universe Avengers they are now retired observers who because of their actions, no longer want to get directly involved in fucking things up again.

4- Marvel does this shit all the time. Please no snap DNA altering. That's not X-Men.

5- X-Men will become the new MCU with Spiderman, Thor, Hulk, Wolverine as new Avengers.

6- Sentinels are purple energy they should be powered by stolen Wakanda power

• 2 weeks later...

@Greatoneshere

@ByWatterson

While on a cruise, they played Infinity War on the deck of the ship. It was REALLY good. I was on the record here of thinking Avengers was mostly just popcorn stuff, but this movie impressed me. And that post-credits scene made me laugh so hard. :lol:

I may have to give some of the other Marvel films a chance, now, especially the Captain America movies. Spider-Man was extremely enjoyable last year, and this is another MCU movie I really liked.

32 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

@Greatoneshere

@ByWatterson

While on a cruise, they played Infinity War on the deck of the ship. It was REALLY good. I was on the record here of thinking Avengers was mostly just popcorn stuff, but this movie impressed me. And that post-credits scene made me laugh so hard. :lol:

I may have to give some of the other Marvel films a chance, now, especially the Captain America movies. Spider-Man was extremely enjoyable last year, and this is another MCU movie I really liked.

Do it!

Also the first Iron Man is a realllllllllllllllllly good origin story. I think it's up there with Batman Begins, as funny enough both movies' biggest problem is a weak third act.  In BB the microwave transmitter is just dumb.  The thing is powerful enough to microwave all the water pipes in an entire city, then it's going to also cook the people themselves because we're made of.... water.  In Iron Man, the bad guy (won't spoil the name here) just kind of goes insane for no reason.  But aside from these flaws, both movies do a perfect job of establishing the ethos of their respective heroes.

43 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Do it!

Also the first Iron Man is a realllllllllllllllllly good origin story. I think it's up there with Batman Begins, as funny enough both movies' biggest problem is a weak third act.  In BB the microwave transmitter is just dumb.  The thing is powerful enough to microwave all the water pipes in an entire city, then it's going to also cook the people themselves because we're made of.... water.  In Iron Man, the bad guy (won't spoil the name here) just kind of goes insane for no reason.  But aside from these flaws, both movies do a perfect job of establishing the ethos of their respective heroes.

Yeah, that was my problem with Iron Man.

I liked the microwave emitter and the purpose of it though I get the issues with what it does and why it wouldn't just go nuts on everybody in Gotham. However, there was a really cool, mysterious atmosphere to the birthday party in that movie, like during the conversation with Lucius and the reveal after that. While many figured what was about to happen, 

Spoiler

I didn't know much about Ra's at the time, so I kind of, "Oh shit!" that moment. Even knowing about it, the look the two give each other, Bruce's drunken episode to get rid of the guests, and his entire conversation with Ra's were so awesome. I really enjoyed his cameo in TDKR as well; his whole point was to save Gotham and it gave him the ultimate test.

I dunno if I'll ever revisit Incredible Hulk, though. I just remember it being reaaallllly average.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

@Greatoneshere

@ByWatterson

That's awesome!

Not all MCU movies are created equal, but it's worth watching them all because each makes the others better. Bad ones are elevated to average, average ones become good, and good ones become great because you are invested over the course of all the movies in the characters. I've been a fan since day one and I know time is limited but it's worth the journey. :)

15 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

That's awesome!

Not all MCU movies are created equal, but it's worth watching them all because each makes the others better. Bad ones are elevated to average, average ones become good, and good ones become great because you are invested over the course of all the movies in the characters. I've been a fan since day one and I know time is limited but it's worth the journey. :)

Sounds like a comic book

• Thanks 1

On 9/20/2018 at 12:45 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

The real question people should be asking here, skillz, is can Marvel handle the job and whether they have previously shown any sort of deft ability to not only make financially successful films, but also quality work that people enjoy.

Oh, tens of billions of dollars and rotten tomatoes scores of generally no less than 80%, you say?

OK, got it, good LUCK Marvel!

They should have turned it over to Marvel before the sale, just like WB should turn over DC to Marvel now.

AND FOR CRYING OUT LOUD DON'T SIT THERE AND TELL ME "THAT'S NOT HOW THE MOVIE BUSINESS WORKS"!

:p:hug:

• Haha 1