TMNT: Mutant Mayhem (04 August 2023) - Official Trailer, musical score by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross

No one has seen this? It’s surprising decent.

More of an evolution of the gross out gonzo aspects of the 80s cartoon than the original comic, but that’s to be expected. The animation is very cool, the story is pretty formulaic, but the voice acting and overall vibe is very strong.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ort said:

More of an evolution of the gross out gonzo aspects of the 80s cartoon than the original comic, but that’s to be expected. The animation is very cool, the story is pretty formulaic, but the voice acting and overall vibe is very strong.

This was more or less how I felt. I think it’s a foundation for a better sequel. I just don’t think the story is very strong here.

4 hours ago, ort said:

I have every intention of seeing it but I'm just waiting on some free time.

I really enjoyed it. For better or worse they were definitely teenagers. And so often I thought to myself “you can tell these guys share a room with each other”. Probably the most believable portrayal for them been teenagers and brothers I’ve seen from the franchise. The writing of the characters was better than the plot they were in. 

Probably my second favorite TMNT movie, behind the original 1990 movie. 

• Halal 2

I had no interest in seeing this, because I’ve just never been into TMNT. But my sister and her family were going, so I tagged along. I enjoyed it. I liked the art style and the music, and there were plenty of good jokes in there.

It was funny sitting between my sister (early 40s) and my niece (15) when the movie was over. 
Niece: “That was ok, but I guess I wasn’t the target demographic” (she had seemed really excited to see it beforehand, no idea why)

Sister: “That was SO GOOD! Maybe the best thing I’ve seen all year!” (and as a long time high school teacher, she noted it was the most accurate depiction of 15 year old boys she had ever seen)

• Haha 1

I’m about 5 mins away from my 3D show from starting. Sadly not that busy but holy shit the amount of people out in Pink :lol: Tons of guys also in Pink also

ok I’m back and overall I really liked it 4/5

Can we get more movie like this and the Spiderverse movies please, animation style wise. The movie is a bit slow to start but the last half is a blast. The bits of actions are cool, maybe would have like to of seen the action pulled back just a little at times. The idea of using actually teenagers just makes everything work so much better too, because you believe the rubbing/banter they give each other. The whole Splinter fight is a great small little Jackie Chan fight itself. I liked the ending and like the setup going forward. Believe Paramount+ or Nickelodeon are working on a new series with the same cast of kids too. I just hope we at least get a sequel with the mid credit scene. Oh and the 3D wasn’t bad, good separation, couple pop outs and pretty decent depth. Too bad they’ll never release this on a 3D disc, but the 4K should look stellar with the colours

• 2 weeks later...

I took my kids to see this. They loved it. I loved it. The animation was dark and beautiful. I’ve never seen anything quite like it. However, at times it did become a bit janky and hard to follow in some of the action sequences towards the end IMO. And the soundtrack relied way too much on beat drops to a variety of pop songs. I’m really tired of that formula in movies lately. Especially when you have Reznor and Ross composing a really modern and compelling score already. But those are really my only knocks against the movie. I’ll definitely buy this and love when my kids watch it on repeat. 

I dunno I thought the track list was incredible. I didnt think it was particularly poppy. I loved how the Turtles and most of the movie was decidedly very Gen Z. Very few Easter eggs or “hey remember” throw backs to the original show. And then they contrasted all that with a very eclectic and very throw back track last. The music and its utilization was probably my favorite part of the movie haha. 

"Ante Up (Robin Hoodz Theory)" by M.O.P.

"Danke Schoen" by Wayne Newton

"Eye Know" by De La Soul, Otis Redding

"Scarface (Push It To The Limit)" by Paul Engemann

"The Karate Rap" by David Seeger & Holly W. Seeger

"Love Is An Illusion" by Ronnie Walker

"Ninja Rap" by Vanilla Ice

"Riot" by Hugh Masekela

"Cavern" by Liquid Liquid

"Dance" by  ESG

"Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield

"No Diggity" by Blackstreet featuring Dr. Dreand Queen Pen

"Wake Up in the Sky" by Gucci Mane, Bruno Mars and Kodak Black

"Shimmy Shimmy Ya" by Ol’ Dirty Bastard

"What's Up?" by 4 Non Blondies

"Butter" by BTS

"Mr. Lonely" by Bobby Vinton

"Can I Kick It?" by A Tribe Called Quest

I saw this earlier this week with a friend of mine who's a big TMNT fan, and we both liked it quite a bit. I thought it was a lot of fun! The animation was very slick, and the only showing was in 3D, but it actually made the characters pop and look three dimensional. I loved the fact that they seemed like actual teenagers, and getting actual teenaged actors to voiced them certainly helped with that. My friend didn't like the revision to Splinter's backstory, and though that ruined him, but other than that still thought it was a solid 7/10. I really hope this gets a sequel.

• Halal 1

11 hours ago, Brick said:

I saw this earlier this week with a friend of mine who's a big TMNT fan, and we both liked it quite a bit. I thought it was a lot of fun! The animation was very slick, and the only showing was in 3D, but it actually made the characters pop and look three dimensional. I loved the fact that they seemed like actual teenagers, and getting actual teenaged actors to voiced them certainly helped with that. My friend didn't like the revision to Splinter's backstory, and though that ruined him, but other than that still thought it was a solid 7/10. I really hope this gets a sequel.

They plan on making a series with the same voice actors and a sequel movie afterwards.

MCDTEMU_PA046-2.jpg?w=1000&h=563&crop=1
WWW.GOOGLE.COM

'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem' will have a sequel and a two-season series on Paramount+.

After weeks of waiting, between being really busy and then being sick with COVID, I finally got to see it. I usually have to process movies for a while before I really understand them and how I feel about them, but I can definitely say it's really really solid. The action was great, particularly the fight choreography and there's a lot of Jackie Chan-isms as someone mentioned, which made it a lot of fun.

I really liked the art style but at times the motion gave me a headache. I just saw a regular 2D showing.

I'm actually looking forward to a sequel which is more than I can really say for any of the Bay films.

On 8/26/2023 at 3:08 AM, Brick said:

I can see why someone wouldn't like this Splinter. He was a far less serious take, but I think it melded well with the tone of the movie. I usually prefer Splinters that are mutated from Hamato Yoshi, since it actually makes sense why he's a martial arts master. It also gives them a chance to give him and Oroku Saki (Shredder) a history. But this version needed to hate humans for its story to work, so I see why they went the rat origin way.

I didn't like it when the Bay Splinter learned martial arts out of a manual, but again, this is a less serious film, and the fact that they learned martial arts from movies and YouTube fit the humor.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, silentbob said:
WWW.COMINGSOON.NET

Paramount has set the official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem Paramount+ release date for the streaming service.

worth watching if you have Paramount+ when it comes out tomorrow 

I definitely will be watching it so thank you!

• Halal 1

Just watched this.. kind of shame I didnt go to theater and put some cash down on this. As others have said its the 2nd best film behind the 90s one (not getting into Turtles Forever and tv stuff)

It was really enjoyable, did that trick where teens sounded and bantered like teens. At first all the real world references (forza horizon,megamind, godzilla etc) sounded a bit much just because Im just not used to seeing it used so fluidly but after a while it didnt feel like they were “milking” it.

Going off the usual antagonistic roles other mutants have had in other media it was nice seeing them used another way here. The ending with the turtles most “optimistic” outcome coming true somehow felt more refreshing as well.. The Splinter design was kind of off but animating his fights like Jackie was nice. The Rogen humor pops up here and there and isnt too distracting (except the splinter thing, thats messed up)