This is why Egyptian mythology > all others

Commissar SFLUFAN

You can keep your Greek/Roman/Norse myths - Egyptian mythology pwns them all!

From the Contendings of Horus and Set:

"Now afterward, (at) evening time, bed was prepared for them, and they both lay down. But during the night, Set caused his phallus to become stiff and inserted it between Horus's thighs. Then Horus placed his hands between his thighs and received Set's semen. Horus went to tell his mother Isis: "Help me, Isis, my mother, come and see what Set has done to me." And he opened his hand(s) and let her see Set's semen. She let out a loud shriek, seized the copper (knife), cut off his hand(s) that were equivalent. Then she fetched some fragrant ointment and applied it to Horus's phallus. She caused it to become stiff and inserted it into a pot, and he caused his semen to flow down into it."

"Isis at morning time went carrying the semen of Horus to the garden of Set and said to Set's gardener: "What sort of vegetable is it that Set eats here in your company?" So the gardener told her: "He doesn't eat any vegetable here in my company except lettuce." And Isis added the semen of Horus onto it. Set returned according to his daily habit and ate the lettuce, which he regularly ate. Thereupon he became pregnant with the semen of Horus"

• Haha 1

There's a story to be told about how pagan religions are for the most part like "idk dude shit just happens I guess" vs. how monotheistic religions insist on placing meaning in suffering. Like, not all pagan societies have been egalitarian, but 100% of monotheistic societies place value on the status quo and your suffering in life is directly proportional to your reward in the afterlife.

I don't think I'm the one to tell that story, but someone should.

Like in this story. It's just like "I don't know, we were chilling and dude just came in my butt.'

I'm 14 and this is deep.

• 2 weeks later...