Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Once & Always 30th Anniversary Special

I grew up watching them and even went and saw the first movie at the theatre. Still remember that YTV lost the series because of parents complaining it was too violent for the station. So there was a phone survey where you could call free to voice your opinion. We that a few times but they still dropped the series. Now that same company now plays the new ones on several of their kids centric stations. Might watch the special and I hope they got Bryan Cranston back to voice one of the monsters. (like the good ol’ days)

• Like 1

I was big into Power Rangers in elementary school. This was mid-90s. Watched the show, had  the toys, traded cards with my school friend.

I have no nostalgia for it today, though. It's pretty painful to watch. I don't understand my fellow millennials who still love this. Guy who was a couple years ahead of me in school got a massive tattoo covering his whole forearm with them back when I worked with him in college. 

Some things from my childhood I have nostalgia for. Disney movies, Ninja Turtles(to a point, but I don't sit around watching the cartoons). Power Rangers? Cringe.

• Halal 1

Power Rangers hit at the perfect time for me. My friends and i in elementary were big fans.  The green/white ranger episodes were a huge deal at the time though and I'll never forget it. Remember my dad taking my friend and I to the movie. Fell off shortly after that and never watched any of the other series.  I watched the video here but it didn't do much for me. 

• 1 month later...

My big thing was a was the blue ranger for Halloween in 1st grade. I wanted to be the green ranger, but allegedly the store only had blue. I also had the snes video game based on the movie. 

I never got toys a whole lot as a kid. Having a video game console was my one toy. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, legend said:

Never liked it. I think I was just old enough by a few years to not care and I won't watch this.

But I'm happy for the actors. Must be fun to come back to!

I wish more people had this attitude, instead of 'THIS WASN'T MADE FOR ME SO IT'S BAD!'

• Haha 1

On 1/22/2023 at 9:35 PM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I was big into Power Rangers in elementary school. This was mid-90s. Watched the show, had  the toys, traded cards with my school friend.

I have no nostalgia for it today, though. It's pretty painful to watch. I don't understand my fellow millennials who still love this. Guy who was a couple years ahead of me in school got a massive tattoo covering his whole forearm with them back when I worked with him in college. 

Some things from my childhood I have nostalgia for. Disney movies, Ninja Turtles(to a point, but I don't sit around watching the cartoons). Power Rangers? Cringe.

I think we are similar ages and I have more or less the same experience/feeing, but I do think its context as a translated Super Sentai makes it interesting as an adult. I won’t watch this new thing, but I generally appreciate what the franchise accomplished.