Should I wait for a potential “Slim” PS5 or buy now?

MarSolo

• MarSolo changed the title to Should I wait for a potential “Slim” PS5 or buy now?

I don’t believe there are currently any major defects or heating issues and it’s definitely not loud. I don’t see why the size of the console should really matter much, and it at least looks interesting. I doubt they are dropping the price any time soon as they raised the prices everywhere besides the US (thanks biden) and will likely just get rid of the disc version and switch to only the disc less version as the “discount” when they introduce the external drive. 

If anything I would make sure to get one now if you want to have an integrated disc player as I think it’s more likely that the option to get that no longer exists than a new disc based one comes out soon.

Trying to figure out what kind of financial gymnastics I can do to be able to afford a PS5 now that they're "available." The multiple times I was actually in the market to purchase one, I could never find it. So of course now that I'm short on cash, they're popping up left and right. I just hope it's a sign of them being more readily available from here on out so that I can take the time to save up the money.

I dunno how common it is but the disc drive on mine is loud as shit when it ramps up initially. It doesn’t stay loud but it’s still really annoying and I intentionally keep the drive empty unless I’m playing / watching that disc. 

Irrelevant since you bought one haha. 

16 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Trying to figure out what kind of financial gymnastics I can do to be able to afford a PS5 now that they're "available." The multiple times I was actually in the market to purchase one, I could never find it. So of course now that I'm short on cash, they're popping up left and right. I just hope it's a sign of them being more readily available from here on out so that I can take the time to save up the money.

On Sony’s site you can use Klarna which lets you pay in 4 separate interest free payments.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Hurricane Game said:

And the slim might take you two years to get! Strike while the iron is hot. 

Yea buy now, I'll scoop up a PS5Pro as soon as there here but I'm sure that's 2024 earliest. They have only announced a separate disc drive so no slim or pro on the horizon. Honestly though I kinda wish I had waited for both the PS5 $ Series X! I have about 15 hours on the series X and less on my PS5 I just love new tech and thought I needed it. I have been happily playing along on my 2080Ti / I7 9700k PC and my Steam Deck. I don't even touch my Switch anymore either. I will be buying Dead Space on Series X though just to have a new game I know I'll want to play. I'm not a good example as to the value of either consoles, but If I were you i'd buy now and enjoy for the next 18 months minimum before we hear about new versions of either consoles! Hell they just started being readily available lol!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2023 at 9:11 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

Get it now and just buy some darkplates to make it slim

https://dbrand.com/shop/special-edition/ps5?category=disc

I ended up buying these and just got them in the mail tonight. Went with black and they are nice! They snap right into place and fit perfect. Also got the matte black faceplate decal. I was a little worried it would be hard to apply but after a few seconds of lining it up it just rolled right into place.  The fit and finish looks like it could be stock. My TV stand looks so different now without the bright white console. Thanks for the recommendation.

• Hugs 1