Chinese Food from Safeway is fire

stepee

Just saying shit is so good, it’s actually some of my favorite. I’m talking the Chinese food hot bar, when they have those. I got some for later and I’m pretty excited because I went early and they had just put everything out. I love getting a mix of all the different chicken types (got teriyaki, kung pao, mushroom, and a tofu and chicken combo) and all sorts of veggies and they have two types of chow mein. The bbq pork is fire too.

It’s not overly dry but also not overly greasy. I hate when it’s so greasy that the leftovers get kinda gross with coagulated fat. I’ve had some places where even the chow mein has like cold chunks of fat in it when I go to reheat it. The leftovers for this are always fantastic. YMMV depending on the store though.

Edit: Biggest downside is they do not have a hot and sour soup. That would be a great addition. Also you kind of get ripped off with chow mein because it’s by the pound for everything,  and obviously that is normally much cheaper than the meat dishes.

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Lol, nope. There is a P.F. Chang's but it's too far away. 

Also P.f. has some stuff I like (those tofu lettuce wraps are so good and I love the dan dan noodles which I also get their tv dinner version of when on sale ) but it’s not really what you think of when thinking of Chinese Food. It scratches a different itch. 

Sounds like a good business opportunity to open a Chinese food place there!

Over the last few years, I've developed the idea of wanting to do a cross country trip where I visit all the I towns my ancestors are buried in. Whole lot of those dipshits are in central/Western Pennsylvania. 

It's not that I have any particularly affinity for them, it's more of a way to get me to go to random towns I would otherwise never visit. Like why would I ever go to Rostraver, PA. I wouldn't, but I do have a solid few dozen or so people buried there who contributed to my DNA.

• Halal 1

7 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Over the last few years, I've developed the idea of wanting to do a cross country trip where I visit all the I towns my ancestors are buried in. Whole lot of those dipshits are in central/Western Pennsylvania. 

It's not that I have any particularly affinity for them, it's more of a way to get me to go to random towns I would otherwise never visit. Like why would I ever go to Rostraver, PA. I wouldn't, but I do have a solid few dozen or so people buried there who contributed to my DNA.

I mean I guess you do you. But I would think you’d enjoy a trip to Thailand where you could score some smack and a few lady boys. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chris- said:

Good grocery store hot food is exciting; Whole Foods is always great in that regard

I find it really varies. One of the Whole Foods by me has this pot roast one they always have out and I love grabbing the fattiest piece I can find out of there. The other ones near me do not have anything nearly as exciting. I was legit happy when Whole Foods went back to self-service for the hot bar just to be able to pick out the best piece of pot roast at the one that has it.