Official World Cup 2022 thread cuz someone has to make it.

Zaku3

4 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

OLOLOLOLO there are reports of rioting in Belgium.

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2022%2F1127%2Fr1097865_
WWW.ESPN.COM

Police used water cannons and tear gas to disperse fans in some areas of the center of Brussels on Sunday after Morocco's shocking win over Belgium.

Police had to seal off parts of the center of Brussels, deploy water cannons and fire tear gas to disperse crowds following violence during and after Morocco's 2-0 upset win over Belgium at the World Cup.

Dozens of rioters overturned and torched a car, set electric scooters on fire and pelted cars with bricks. Police moved in after one person suffered facial injuries, said Brussels police spokeswoman Ilse Van de Keere.

Brussels mayor Philippe Close urged people to stay away from the city center and said authorities were doing their utmost to keep order in the streets. Even subway and tram traffic had to be interrupted on police orders.

There were also disturbances in the city of Antwerp.

7 hours ago, Brian said:

Trying to complete one of those assessment tests for a job interview while I watch USA Jr eff Croatia. I missed all the games yesterday due to spending the day on the beach. 

In hindsight this was probably stupid as I had to rush through a good amount of questions before time ran out. This job is requiring 5 interviews so I think I can make it up with my boyish charm. 

Portugal v Uruguay is the highlight for me tomorrow.  Can’t wait to watch future ManUtd Felix play

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

5 is insane. I’ve got maybe 1-2 more (total of 2-3) for the current job I’m interviewing for and that seems like a lot

Typically it’s 2-3 in the first round and 1-2 in the second round.  These are large corporations so there are a lot of layers of management that wants an opinion on the hire. 

I'm in the midst of a promotion, but the way the company works is that they essentially post a new job that you have to apply for an interview with, even if that job posting was essentially created for only one applicant. The previous time I went through that it was a brief phone interview with HR then an "interview" with my current manager, very informal. New policy now is that you have to interview with the hiring manager (obvious) and at least one woman and one POC. Already "interviewed" with my current manager, the woman will be my previous manager of 10 years, and then the POC will be another guy I've kind of worked with for a while.

32 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

What are you guys watching to “kill” time between matches… Im just watching”best of” clips… this crew is so good.. This clip just shows how competitive Henry is even on small things..

I was thinking about this actually. He's so competitive for all things that he must be going fucking crazy being part of Roberto Martinez's team. 

12 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

All Iran needs to advance is a draw.

The US might as well play everyone forward, including the goalie!

Iran needs a draw + Wales loss/draw, I thought? A Wales win + Iran draw would be 4 pts vs 4 pts, but with Wales having a better differential.

Either way I fully anticipate Iran to play very conservatively, but I’m not convinced they have the quality on defense to make me overly concerned about it. It is really just going to come down to whether or not somebody on the US can actually finish.

Also, the matches are played simultaneously so no team will be sure of optimal strategy unless one of the games gets out of hand quickly.

8 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Considering we kept pace with England and England demolished Iran I'm not too worried about this matchup. Excited to watch.

Oh if only the transitive property worked in the World Cup. We shouldn't be "worried" but we should be giving Iran proper respect. The US's lack of a true 9 is going to hurt them all tournament long. They should try out Ferreira if Weah doesn't do much after a half. 

1 minute ago, Comet said:

Oh if only the transitive property worked in the World Cup. We shouldn't be "worried" but we should be giving Iran proper respect. The US's lack of a true 9 is going to hurt them all tournament long. They should try out Ferreira if Weah doesn't do much after a half. 

I think it mostly does in the group stages. I'd be happy for an Iran win right now though too, tbh. Considering the shit going on there right now.