Update: Immortals Fenyx Rising is the next "newer" Ubisoft title coming to Steam

Commissar SFLUFAN

As per this thread on ResetERA, someone inspecting the Ubisoft Connect database found a new entry for a Steam version of the game:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumor-assassins-creed-valhalla-is-coming-to-steam-as-a-new-product-entry-is-added-in-ubisoft-connects-database-for-a-steam-version-of-it.650682/#post-95928690

I used to not care about this that much but with the Steam Deck I am much more adamant about my games being on Steam for ease or use. Even if the other launchers do mostly work, it’s more hassle. So, good job with that Valve. And yeah this is good news so hopefully Mirage will be on Steam!

• 3 weeks later...

No longer a rumor:

ACK_248_Y2_TombsOfTheFallen2_ISU_Rewards
WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Ubisoft blockbuster Assassin's Creed Valhalla will launch via Steam, its publisher has confirmed to Eurogamer today. Va…

Ubisoft blockbuster Assassin's Creed Valhalla will launch via Steam, its publisher has confirmed to Eurogamer today.

Valhalla will be joined by other Ubisoft titles such as city-building strategy Anno 1800 and free-to-play 3v3 sports game Roller Champions.

The confirmation means Ubisoft is the latest publisher to make its return to Steam after striking out on its own - or elsewhere, such as the rival Epic Games Store.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: Ubisoft confirms return to Steam with Assassin's Creed: Valhalla
On 11/3/2022 at 7:25 AM, stepee said:

I used to not care about this that much but with the Steam Deck I am much more adamant about my games being on Steam for ease or use. Even if the other launchers do mostly work, it’s more hassle. So, good job with that Valve. And yeah this is good news so hopefully Mirage will be on Steam!

Yea me too! I have not bought a game anywhere other than Steam, Ebay, and/or CDKeys.com so that I have it on the SteamDeck. PS5 / XsX excluded ofcourse!

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Just realizing I played Synicate on Uplay or whatever the fuck it's called and not Steam. Huh.

Also realizing that game came out seven years ago, fuck me.

As a teaboo i really need to play that one. I also have it on uplay. This reminds me I need to make sure I canceled ubi play+. There games are just too vanilla to be worth subscribing to. Imagine making a shooter about being a guerrilla revolutionary in a ficticious LatAM country bland.

10 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

As a teaboo i really need to play that one. I also have it on uplay. This reminds me I need to make sure I canceled ubi play+. There games are just too vanilla to be worth subscribing to. Imagine making a shooter about being a guerrilla revolutionary in a ficticious LatAM country bland.

Syndicate was pretty fun, though in hindsight I don’t remember a ton about it other than the mobility being pretty good. IIRC Unity was the last one that kinda allowed you to have assassination set pieces that you could ignore if you wanted to, but the big kills were a bit more structured than they’ve been since. I kinda miss those.

14 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

It’s probably my favorite AC actually. At least of the old style. @Phaseknox agrees also, it’s fantastic.

• Halal 1

19 hours ago, stepee said:

It’s probably my favorite AC actually. At least of the old style. @Phaseknox agrees also, it’s fantastic.

Yeah, I really like Syndicate it’s up there with Assassin’s Creed II and Brotherhood for me when it comes to the original AC games. It was made by the same development team as Odyssey which is my favorite AC game. They’re also the team developing the new AC game that takes place in feudal Japan, so I’m really looking forward to it.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: Immortals Fenyx Rising is the next "newer" Ubisoft title coming to Steam
1 hour ago, Zaku3 said:

Ok which other ones are like this. I am loving this. I enjoy the synergy I have between Vic3 and Ac Syndicate.

Honesty, Unity. Game still looks amazing on pc, and now there aren’t performance issues holding it back and it’s a fun story like Syndicate is. The newer stories aren’t as “fun”. 

Ac2 trilogy is good, but honestly I think those two are are better games to play in 2022. Black Flag, Rogue, AC3 are kinda meh to me. I hate the ship combat. 

Origins and Valhalla are both great but they aren’t like those two at all really. Odyssey is one Id probably love and maybe is more like those two because it’s more of a “fun” atmosphere, but I need to get back to it some day.