Easy Come Easy Golf (Clap Hanz Golf) (Former Devs of Hot Shots Golf / Everybody's Golf) Out For Nintendo Switch

Keyser_Soze

• Keyser_Soze changed the title to Easy Come Easy Golf (Clap Hanz Golf) (Former Devs of Hot Shots Golf / Everybody's Golf) Out For Nintendo Switch
16 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Not the best name, but I do love Clap Hanz's offerings! :sun:

It's actually out right now, $19.99!

Let's go!

hero
WWW.NINTENDO.COM

Beloved golf-game developer Clap Hanz' latest work makes its Nintendo Switch™ debut! Play with friends, family, people from all over the world, or kick back and golf on your own! Earn new characters, costumes, and courses as you play rounds in the main m…

• Halal 1

Big fan of Hot Shots Golf and this is priced pretty great. Can't find reviews as of yet though. Thinking of picking this up as I held off and didn't buy the new Mario Golf and I'm now glad I didn't. Sucks though as I want Platoon 3 as my next Switch title so trying to not just buy because It's there I'm set really gaming wise till the end of 2025 easily!

2 hours ago, HardAct said:

Big fan of Hot Shots Golf and this is priced pretty great. Can't find reviews as of yet though. Thinking of picking this up as I held off and didn't buy the new Mario Golf and I'm now glad I didn't. Sucks though as I want Platoon 3 as my next Switch title so trying to not just buy because It's there I'm set really gaming wise till the end of 2025 easily!

good decision on skipping Mario golf the new one stinks 

I'm curious to hear anybody's take if they buy it. I'm tempted to pick it up myself.

6 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

Hot Shots, Everybody's Golf, now Easy Come, Easy Golf?!? 

WHY SO MANY NAME CHANGES WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, SEAN COMBS? I MEAN PUFF DADDY? I MEAN P. DIDDY? I MEAN DIDDY? I MEAN PUFFY?

The game didn't really have name changes, just stupid region name thanks to SCEA. Everybody's Golf is close to what the japanese name is (Minna no golf) and what the series name is outside the US. 

The change from it's playstation name to EC,EG is simply because Sony own's the name/title. :batting:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, chakoo said:

I'm curious to hear anybody's take if they buy it. I'm tempted to pick it up myself.

I picked it up but only fired it up for like 5 minutes to just check things out.

It looks better visually than Mario Golf.

Controls are a bit different than Everybody's Golf, The power meter goes up but then there is an accuracy meter that goes horizontally at the bottom of the screen so it's a little odd.

I think there is an option for touch controls too. There are some UI elements that seem like they are still meant for phones because something that should be easy is easier if you touch the screen.

Those are my quick and dirty impression from playing just one hole. :p

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I played 9 good holes. There's a tour mode which is how you unlock stuff. I unlocked a costume for Samatha Torres. Maybe the tournaments get harder later but I finished -1 and everyone else was like +11 :p

Here are some gorgeous screens

spacer.png

spacer.png

Yup your correct DOWNLOADING NOW!

Sony dropped the ball not making this company first party. I think it's the only second party company that they had they didn't eventually get from the last few years (like how they did eventually buy Bluepoint, Insomniac, Housemarque, etc.). But Everybody's Golf were big games and Sony has no other golf series, so it's weird that didn't happen. 

I heard the Apple Arcade version of this game plays significantly better than the Switch version (better controls, better framerate, etc.). Can anyone confirm?

4 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Sony dropped the ball not making this company first party. I think it's the only second party company that they had they didn't eventually get from the last few years (like how they did eventually buy Bluepoint, Insomniac, Housemarque, etc.). But Everybody's Golf were big games and Sony has no other golf series, so it's weird that didn't happen. 

I heard the Apple Arcade version of this game plays significantly better than the Switch version (better controls, better framerate, etc.). Can anyone confirm?

They also let Ready at Dawn get away, which I think is a much bigger loss. Especially since now they are a top tier VR studio that Oculus owns, and Sony is trying to compete there.

• True 1

41 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I don't know a bout controls but of course a cell phone runs games better than the switch. :p

21 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

That being said I haven't run into any particular issues with the controls or performance.

Yeah I had been seeing commenters around saying that the Switch version sometimes can be jank whereas on an Apple product runs really good. I say put the thing on PC already (probably can't due to Apple Arcade contract maybe?). 

2 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Yeah I had been seeing commenters around saying that the Switch version sometimes can be jank whereas on an Apple product runs really good. I say put the thing on PC already (probably can't due to Apple Arcade contract maybe?). 

Well, I think that was the purpose of naming it something different. Apple Arcade has Clap Handz Golf and this is clearly a completely different game called Easy Cum Easy Golf.

Nintendo likes to have unannounced timed exclusives though so this could be one of those.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Well, I think that was the purpose of naming it something different. Apple Arcade has Clap Handz Golf and this is clearly a completely different game called Easy Cum Easy Golf.

Nintendo likes to have unannounced timed exclusives though so this could be one of those.

I mean, they renamed it, but I've heard it's essentially a port, no?

5 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I mean, they renamed it, but I've heard it's essentially a port, no?

Right, but I'm speculating that's how a lot of games get out of contracts, by changing the name. But by changing the name and going to switch then Nintendo makes it a timed exclusive so you'll have to wait to see if it comes to PC.

• True 1

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

That being said I haven't run into any particular issues with the controls or performance.

THIS!

I do not know about the Apple version but I can tell you there is ZERO performance issues with this game.

I have now unlocked the first 3 people and my roster is almost all mine but one. I have to tell you I was a bit Taken a back when I sew the way the roster thing is used. No longer do you have one guy you level up and that's that or maybe pick one of a list of characters you have unlocked and play with him or her it's a 9 hole 9 person roster with each person responsible for their hole and their hole ONLY! WEIRD i'll give you that. Your given 4 wacky characters and 5 place holder like low level stand in's until you unlock enough players to fill a 9 hole roster. Eventually I'm sure you'll have many and you'll then have some you leave out and others your loyal to and use therefor level up every match. Each has a favorite club and areas where they shine like the rough, rain, etc, etc. Like I said I have now unlocked 3 so I now can place 7 out of the 9 needed and I have to have a holder guy that's bacic and can not be leveled.

At first I was like place all my guys on Par 5's and to score more but quickly learned this isn't wise. AS OF TODAY my longest drive is just 197yrds. To begin with most are all pretty low level at this state in the game and there for reaching a par 5 isn't going to happen anyways so I have now learned to place my main characters in the par 4 slots to better my chances of at least par. Alot of par 4's cant even be reached yet even with my 7 guys. The CPU is playing really easy so far at this point too. All three boss battles I has I won in 3 holes strait with a called games. I did level up my roster a few matches more before playing the boss battles when they first became available as to be vetter course ready. This was maybe proven to be not needed at least as of yet because I easily won like I said, 3 strait holes in match play ending with 3 called games in just 3 holes!!If you like Hot Shots this game is a must its just like it with a new roster gimmick thrown in and I like it. I'm also not scoring birdies everywhere right now, pars are challenging enough on some holes. Like I said though the CPU is playing pretty easy so far but I'm really sure that will ramp up once I'm able to bring a full 9 character of my own choosing to each match.

8 out 10 Plays butter smooth, graphics are nice so are animations. 

I've played about 4 hours and I'd say 8 rounds of 9 holes and it's really a good fun game for switch and a MUCT own if your a fan of Hot Shots like I am and always have been!

PS: I now have 7 unlocked characters and the cpu is playing a much more completive round. I really am liking this and Love the 20$ price tag!

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

Score attack uses one character. I've only played TOUR mode so far. I did just shoot a -6 for 9 holes. Best so far. I have 2 eagles both where approach shots as I haven't reached a par 5 in 2 shots yet. I also just got a hole in one that was pretty sweet. Like I said it's Hot Shots golf with a few differences. There is no super spins shots, spiral flag shots, shit like that and that sucks. Hitting accuracy is quite easy, one thing Hot Shots always got right was though really cute it took skill to hit that mark to get those crazy spin type shots. This game is much easier to nail the perfect line and large hooks and slices around trees and those type shots are also not really in this game, not like past HSG games. It's been simplified quite a bit, not that HSG was complex but the more advance type shots in those games required you hitting perfect impacts and that was harder in those games. You can also use the Switch's Gyro to shoot and the sticks, I personally like the 3 click shot. Also the shot meter in vertical on the right and past HSG games it was always on the bottom! 

I'm still enjoying while watching a movie and it's 20 bucks so not alot to complain about!

• 4 months later...

So I've been playing a good chunk of this recently.  I didn't really play it too much when I made the thread. It's pretty fun. I think the progression system is better than Mario Golf (does that even have a progression system? I forgot) I have most of the characters unlocked so far, well 8 at least. I don't know how many beyond that.

Also got this sweet hole in one!

• Halal 2

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

So I've been playing a good chunk of this recently.  I didn't really play it too much when I made the thread. It's pretty fun. I think the progression system is better than Mario Golf (does that even have a progression system? I forgot) I have most of the characters unlocked so far, well 8 at least. I don't know how many beyond that.

Also got this sweet hole in one!

LMAO they certainly didn't stray too far from the hot shots aesthetic. 

Is the gameplay essentially the same?