Favorite meals you never remember?

SuperSpreader

When I had a trip to Austin, Texas some 12 years ago. My sister and I had a brunch/lunch at the Double Tree hotel we were staying at. I haven’t had it since but they did this lovely Chicken Fried Steak w. Sausage Gravy That shit was delicious, especially the gravy and I have never even attempted to make it myself. I would easily order it again, even some 12 years later 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, stepee said:

I always forget how much I fucking love corn beef and cabbage until st patrick’s rolls around again.

Feb was the time we would have our corn beef because my dad loved it so much. Take a cabbage and boil that too and enjoy, but haven’t done so in the years since he passed. Although the corn beef prices near me are astronomical for some reasons. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stepee said:

I always forget how much I fucking love corn beef and cabbage until st patrick’s rolls around again.

My wife makes this a couple times a year and yes it is fantastic

On 9/1/2022 at 12:00 PM, silentbob said:

When I had a trip to Austin, Texas some 12 years ago. My sister and I had a brunch/lunch at the Double Tree hotel we were staying at. I haven’t had it since but they did this lovely Chicken Fried Steak w. Sausage Gravy That shit was delicious, especially the gravy and I have never even attempted to make it myself. I would easily order it again, even some 12 years later 

Sausage gravy is wicked easy to throw together, as for the chicken fried steak, while not hard to throw together, is a multi step process to get just right. I actually do a pretty tasty sweet potato hash that I love drizzling some sausage gravy over, absolutely stupid delish!!!

My wife & I used to go to this little local Italian joint that made this amazing breaded cutlet (choice of veal or chicken) that was SO tender & thin. It was served with this lemon sauce that had a thicker consistency than one would anticipate that just coated the plate & meat while having chopped garlic, lemon zest, & prosciutto in. Fuck me running, I've tried a number of times but can never seem to get it right. Unfortunately the restaurant closed down a few years ago.

@SuperSpreaderAny GOOD authentic Mexican joint will most assuredly have Chile Colorado. That sauce is bonkers amaze-balls!

@gamer.tv How do you prepare your chili? I do mine with an even mix of ground & minced/diced beef from a top or bottom round cut as well as 3 beans (cannelini, black, & pinto). Also, dried chiles reconstituted in beef broth or consomme for the liquid!

@silentbobIts the price of brisket that has skyrocketed in recent years, and beef in general really.

20 hours ago, stepee said:

beefaroni > spaghetti o’s

wrong

19 hours ago, stepee said:

But with the beefaroni you can prong four roni’s on the fork which is super fun.

I never understood the people who eat elbow/tiny tube noodles with a fork. Like with Kraft. I get a big ol fuckin' spoon and shove that shit into my mouth. Same with small shells.