GUESS WHAT MOTHERFUCKER?!? PIZZA FRIDAY IS *BACK*

Chris-

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up getting a free medium Domino's pizza yesterday. I hadn't gotten a regular crust pizza from them in years. Always stuck with Brooklyn or Thin & Crispy. Domino's is still my favorite cheap/fast food pizza, but holy fuck is their regular crust dog shit. Like, the part with the flavor is good, but the crust base is just so awful. It's not even that it's like cardboard, it's just so, like, sharp and rough while being bland.

Also, got free parm bread bites with points. As a huge fan of Crazy Bread, these things sucked balls too. Thank god I got the garlic butter. I mixed in like a tablespoon of my own parm to the butter to actually get some cheese flavor on those pieces of shit. Once I added my own parm to the garlic butter, it tasted pretty darn good, but still not as good as crazy bread.

26 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Pizza chains are trash. Domino's was half way decent a few years back but overall fuck that shit. 

I'm a big salt enjoyer and a Domino's PP is a great salty fix :].  Like, for real tho, I have never had a saltier tasting pizza than a Domino's pizza and I can dig that as long as I don't get their regular crust. Shit is cheap AF too.

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

I'm a big salt enjoyer and a Domino's PP is a great salty fix :].  Like, for real tho, I have never had a saltier tasting pizza than a Domino's pizza and I can dig that as long as I don't get their regular crust. Shit is cheap AF too.

You can get a large Little Ceasars pizza for like $2.99. 

5 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You can get a large Little Ceasars pizza for like $2.99. 

It's literally 6 bucks and is literally the worst. Awful cheese, awful sauce, terrible cornmeal dusted crust, and bad pepperoni. I'd never eat pizza again if Little Ceasars was all that existed.

Just now, Bacon said:

It's literally 6 bucks and is literally the worst. Awful cheese, awful sauce, terrible cornmeal dusted crust, and bad pepperoni.

I haven't had it in probably 25 years. Not joking and it used to be very good. It was my family's go to pizza when I was a child. 

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

I haven't had it in probably 25 years. Not joking and it used to be very good. It was my family's go to pizza when I was a child. 

For me, it's really the sauce and cornmeal that make me never think about getting pizza from lil c's. Especially the sauce. I cannot stand it. My brother tho, he'd get a no sauce cheese pizza and eat it as cheesy bread. Prolly the best way to eat their pizza.

Just now, Chris- said:

No reason to settle for Domino's for a chain fix when Vocelli's is available, you done goofed.

$8.55 is the reason I settle for Domino's when I do.

Here is why I rarely get Vocelli's these

a803453cdf2ee287ffcfae8cef0cda13.png

And that is only a 14-inch pizza. I can get a 20-inch pizza and have leftovers for days for that price from a local joint.

And like 5 years ago I could get a large 14-inch pep for only $9.99. These days it's totally outrageous.

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

$8.55 is the reason I settle for Domino's when I do.

Here is why I rarely get Vocelli's these

a803453cdf2ee287ffcfae8cef0cda13.png

And that is only a 14-inch pizza. I can get a 20-inch pizza and have leftovers for days for that price from a local joint.

And like 5 years ago I could get a large 14-inch pep for only $9.99. These days it's totally outrageous.

Skill issue IMO, I simply pay the extra $10.35.

2 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Skill issue IMO, I simply pay the extra $10.35.

At that price, I'll never get Vocelli's. I legit only get it when they have an amazing deal. As I said, I can get a better local pizza for that price and it's 20 inches.

Vocelli's is not that good. I mean, it is good, but not 19 bucks good. I can get a full rack of ribs and fries for that price.

3 hours ago, Chris- said:

Looks pretty good. 

It's good. This isn't from my favorite pizza joint, but it is the largest pizza.

My favorite pizza joint got new owners last year, the other guy was old and tired for sure, but they haven't really kept up the quality so the above pizza is basically now the best pizza I can get. The new owners have clearly added some kind of spice to the top of the cheese that was never there before, and I'm pretty sure they cut the mozzarella with cheddar now. There is a noticeable tang that wasn't there before that reminds me of a white cheddar mac n cheese. The crust is also yellowish now, and you don't see a solid browning like there used to be. It's not bad, but it's different and I dislike that. The new owners also put on more sauce. Not too much more that it's bad, but just enough that it's noticeable. The only thing my old favorite place still does right is making the pizza crispy. The above pizza is a bit too floppy and yet the crust is not underdone on the bottom, but I'm pretty sure asking for it to be well done would burn the crust in a way I dislike.

• 1 month later...