RIP in Peace(maker), HBO Max...in 2023

15 hours ago, Brick said:

What's the point of having HBO Max, or I guess just Max now, when there already is HBO? Why are they different?

I'm pretty sure that the "problem" is that HBO is synonymous with adult oriented content. With "Max" they want to make it appeal to everyone, so they're relegating HBO to one of the hubs within Max.

4 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I'm pretty sure that the "problem" is that HBO is synonymous with adult oriented content. With "Max" they want to make it appeal to everyone, so they're relegating HBO to one of the hubs within Max.

No that's Skinemax. 

• 1 month later...

It looks like it doesn't remember where I was in The White House Plumbers despite pulling over the individual profiles. It thinks I've only watched the first two episodes. I'm sure people will love having to flail around figuring out where they were in something they were watching. 

I was a little surprised at how smoothly this went for me. On both my phone and Xbox, all I had to do was download the new app. Didn’t even have to log in, it instantly brought up my account, and my history/watchlist all seem fine. Still a dumb thing. 

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, johnny said:

it’s pretty annoying opening the app and having to scroll through garbage like 1000lb sisters and some foot doctor show 

True, but all these services have their share of crap to wade through. There’s a prominent HBO tab that shows you just the good stuff (and The Idol)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/3/2023 at 12:04 AM, Keyser_Soze said:
VARIETY.COM

Max's standard ad-free plan, priced at $15.99 per month, will no longer include 4K titles and will be able to stream on only two devices at once.

Reading any streaming news nowadays is like being Sideshow Bob trying to negotiate a yard full of rakes.

*Smack* Price increase!

*Smack* New mandatory ads!

*Smack* Shifting features to higher tiers!

*Smack* Op, back to the price increase!

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
WWW.IGN.COM

Alongside the removal of all five Final Destination films, Max is removing the rest of the Looney Tunes shorts, The Looney Tunes Show, and Looney Tunes: Back in Action at the end of...

Another reason to never get Max, and why Peter Zaslav sucks! I hope the rumors are true that Universal might buy WB.

• Guillotine 1

9 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

Another reason to never get Max, and why Peter Zaslav sucks! I hope the rumors are true that Universal might buy WB.

Universal is owned by Comcast through its NBCUniversal division and has a market capitalization of $169.42 billion.

Warner Bros. Discovery has a market capitalization of $26.29 billion

There is no way in hell Comcast shareholders are going to go for an acquisition that amounts to at least 15% of Comcast's market capitalization and would probably be significantly higher due to the acquisition premium.

• True 1