RIP in Peace(maker), HBO Max...in 2023

Yeah, I don’t really follow this stuff that closely, but I saw some smart person commenting that there are tax reasons to axe these properties now during the merger and that might just be a temporary hiccup. They are trying to get a big write off that they can only get during a merger.

I dunno if that actually matters or means anything. 

I do also know that all the die hard Adult Swim fans hate whatever discovery did to them as well.  Apparently they completely fucked Adult Swim. Again, I don’t really know the details, but I do know people were and are pissed. 

I know they cancelled Joe Pera, so they can get fucked forever just for that. 

A CPA buddy of mine who does M&A work at PWC said it is not a tax write off situation. They are actually trying to increase net revenue as fast as possible, and apparently they can elect to leave “distressed” assets in the old entity during this merger window.

9 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

A CPA buddy of mine who does M&A work at PWC said it is not a tax write off situation. They are actually trying to increase net revenue as fast as possible, and apparently they can elect to leave “distressed” assets in the old entity during this merger window.

That does sound quite possible, but I'm not sure that the old AT&T-related entity even still exists.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

That does sound quite possible, but I'm not sure that the old AT&T-related entity even still exists.

After their earnings call, I’m 100% convinced my buddy is right and this move is about shedding assets that are going to drag down their net revenue in the next few quarters

Walter-Hamada_headshot_template-H-2022.j
WWW.HOLLYWOODREPORTER.COM

The executive has agreed to remain in his post at least until the Oct. 21 release of the Dwayne Johnson film 'Black Adam.'

Hamada quit when he found out Batgirl was cancelled without his knowledge, but was convinced to stay on until Black Adam is released.

What a mess.

Ah shit, I just realized this all means season 3 of Pennyworth on HBO Max probably isn't happening. It got dropped by Epix after season 2 and Max was supposed to pick it back up. Not a super brilliant show or anything, it could be kind of dumb, but I enjoyed it and wanted more.