Halloween Ends (Trailer) October 14, 2022

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Hope it ends strong... the first one was great. The second one was garbage... like they knew they wanted a trilogy but didn't have enough story for three movies.

I thought the scene with the firemen and the scene where  

the towns people are beating up Michael Myers

was good fun. But now that you mention it, stretching another 90 minutes out of a 3rd movie will be interesting to see.

2 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Got the first on 4K and have yet to watch. Kinda ruined the ending when I viewed the trailer for when the 2nd movie was being released

If I remember correctly, the 2nd movie starts off right where the first movie ended. When all 3 come out they need to just splice them all together in one long cut.

9 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

I thought the scene with the firemen and the scene where  

Reveal hidden contents

was good fun. But now that you mention it, stretching another 90 minutes out of a 3rd movie will be interesting to see.

I thought both of those scenes were silly even or a movie like this. You go after an unstoppable serial killer with bats? I mean c'mon.

6 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

If I remember correctly, the 2nd movie starts off right where the first movie ended. When all 3 come out they need to just splice them all together in one long cut.

I believe so because the teaser for the 2nd movie was 

Spoiler

Heroes are yelling to let the house burn with him inside as Firefighters/police arrive. Then a fireman goes in, finds Michael or Michael finds him and kills him. 

I genuinely put Halloween Kills just above Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 and yet below Halloween Resurrection. I don't have high hopes for this (nor do I have hopes for the Exorcist trilogy they intend on doing next) however I'll still go to theaters to see it with friends because hey, it's tradition to consume as much horror as possible in October right?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, MarSolo said:

I’m ready for Michael Myers to actually die for once. Im how many multiverses can Laurie Strode NOT kill him?

I still think retconning Halloween 2 out of continuity and erasing them being siblings was a mistake. Her being his sister makes him constantly coming after her make sense and I personally don't think Halloween 2 was a bad follow up. Shit, it was leagues better than Halloween Kills :p

• True 1
  • Halal 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got back from the theater a couple hours ago. Expectations were already low, but this moseyed under that bar. They kept things simple for the first one, and wisely so because it's fairly good and seems to understand the basics of what makes Halloween so effective. It's too bad that the two sequels are so overtly focused on making their thematic concerns known and those concepts are so poorly integrated into the narrative.

This one is particularly galling in that

Spoiler

Michael barely does anything until the very end.

• True 1

This was a very strange movie. I'm now convinced more than ever that they only had enough story for one movie and had to figure out how to stretch that into three. These three movies, one good one and two mediocre to bad ones, COULD have been one really GREAT movie. And @Zeluge to your point,

Spoiler

I spent half the movie thinking Michael was dead and was a figment of someone's imagination. The way he dies in this one is so much more anticlimactic than the way they took care of him at the end of the first movie. Also, where this movie picks up was so odd... Laurie is living a happy, somewhat normal life despite the fact that the last time we saw her, not only did Michael get away and was on the loose, he killed her daughter. Contrast that where she is in the first movie where she's a gun toting, isolated shut-in despite the fact that Michael was locked away for 40 years.

So many strange choices in this and yet.. I didn't hate it. it's not good by ANY stretch of the imagination though. I plan on marathoning the whole trilogy at some point but yeah... these two sequels are worse than the two sequels to the original Halloween in my opinion. Fucking weird man.

EDIT: Oh and there was only one or two really memorable kills in this. 

Only reaffirms my solid choice to opt to see Terrifier 2 a second time this weekend in lieu of this. Considering I've watched Kills multiple times, and no matter what, after the first 10 or so minutes, it just completely shits the bed, my bar is in the basement for hopes & anticipations for this "final" Halloween flick are so low yet I fear it will somehow not even clear that.

Hmmm.

My initial thoughts are that I hate the vibe I got from this is that it reminds me too much of Friday the 13th Part V and Jason Goes to Hell.

Kills wasn't good but I liked that it was one continuous night from 2018. I was hoping this would've picked up right where we left off but I guess there was only so much they could come up with for one night.

• Haha 1

My friend was going to let me borrow his Blu-ray of Kills since I haven't seen it yet, but he saw Ends last night, and today told me it would be better if I just ignore the last two movies because Ends was so, so bad. He actually now prefers Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 over Ends. 

• Haha 1

I'm pretty let down by Ends.  I had a lot of the same thoughts as skillz.  

I wasn't even sure if Michael Myers was actually there or if he was just imaginery.  Felt like the movie skipped over the whole ending of Kills. Laurie's daughter gets killed and then I guess Michael gets away. Did this movie touch on the fact that he got away? Laurie is suddenly a clean house mom after all that?

• Halal 1