Halloween Ends (Trailer) October 14, 2022

2 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

I'm pretty let down by Ends.  I had a lot of the same thoughts as skillz.  

Hide contents

I wasn't even sure if Michael Myers was actually there or if he was just imaginery.  Felt like the movie skipped over the whole ending of Kills. Laurie's daughter gets killed and then I guess Michael gets away. Did this movie touch on the fact that he got away? Laurie is suddenly a clean house mom after all that?

Spoiler

JLC monologued that he just disappeared after that night.

I know it's been 4 years (both reality and movie timeline) but I hated the regression of Allyson.

I liked it. I hated the previous two movies. As an ending to this particular trilogy, I agree, it's pretty bad. But as a third entry into a Halloween series, one that paid a lot of homage to Halloween 3, and as a stand alone movie, it was rather enjoyable. When you take Halloween and Michael Meyers out of the movie, it's a rather good film. 

3 hours ago, Emblazon said:

I liked it. I hated the previous two movies. As an ending to this particular trilogy, I agree, it's pretty bad. But as a third entry into a Halloween series, one that paid a lot of homage to Halloween 3, and as a stand alone movie, it was rather enjoyable. When you take Halloween and Michael Meyers out of the movie, it's a rather good film. 

Agreed. I get what you’re saying. Like how Hellraiser Inferno isn’t a great Hellraiser movie in regards to its usual formula, Pinhead and the Xenobytes being almost entirely absent. But on its own, outside the context of Hellraiser it’s actually pretty damn good. 

This movie gave me similar feels. 

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

43 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Agreed. I get what you’re saying. Like how Hellraiser Inferno isn’t a great Hellraiser movie in regards to its usual formula, Pinhead and the Xenobytes being almost entirely absent. But on its own, outside the context of Hellraiser it’s actually pretty damn good. 

This movie gave me similar feels. 

I actually agree, having just watched it. I really enjoyed the film, as did my wife. Neither of us being diehard Halloween fans (not at all) we thoroughly enjoyed the time this movie took to establish its characters and the stakes. It was well shot and well scored (no surprise with Carpenter back) and the fights were great. Acting was credible to very good and the plot wrapped up most everything from the previous two films (and the original 1978 one). Not sure what people wanted, but as a person with no particular connection to the Halloween franchise, I thought this was a mostly great capper. Yes, it doesn't have a lot of Laurie or Michael and I'm sure fans hate an imposter in the role but I found a lot of what the movie was trying to say compelling.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Season 6 What GIF by The Office

What I meant was, if the movie was called something else, not in the Halloween franchise, and if the supernatural killer was named something else, that had nothing to do with the franchise. 

It felt similar to Die Hard with a Vengeance, where the script started as Simon Says, with no connection to the Die Hard franchise, and they shoe horned in Die Hard. Felt like Halloween Ends was written for something completely different, and it's the script they chose to end the trilogy, and shoe horned Laurie and Michael into it. 

Oddly enough, DHwaV was also the end to the DH trilogy (at the time). 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

10 hours ago, Emblazon said:

What I meant was, if the movie was called something else, not in the Halloween franchise, and if the supernatural killer was named something else, that had nothing to do with the franchise. 

It felt similar to Die Hard with a Vengeance, where the script started as Simon Says, with no connection to the Die Hard franchise, and they shoe horned in Die Hard. Felt like Halloween Ends was written for something completely different, and it's the script they chose to end the trilogy, and shoe horned Laurie and Michael into it. 

Oddly enough, DHwaV was also the end to the DH trilogy (at the time). 

Perhaps...but I actually enjoyed Die Hard with a Vengeance :p 

5 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Then why would you watch a Halloween movie, getting less than stellar reviews. That makes no sense. 

because i like movies and the halloween movies are popular so i know people online and irl will be talking about it 

it was 5 dollars on peacock and i’ll watch a few other things before my sub expires. 

2 hours ago, johnny said:

it was 5 dollars on peacock and i’ll watch a few other things before my sub expires. 

You paid for it on Peacock with a subscription? It was free for me with my sub and the next tier below mine is the free tier.

5 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

Perhaps...but I actually enjoyed Die Hard with a Vengeance :p 

The difference between this movie and Die Hard with a Vengeance is that the Die Hard movie are all pretty much self contained. They aren't serialized at all and they all, for the most part, have different creatives involved. The only thing they have in common is the general theme and Bruce Willis. THIS trilogy of Halloween movies was presented as a trilogy from the start with the same creatives making all three movies so you would have thought they would have had most of the beats worked out as to how to build up to a satisfying conclusion. At times, this movie felt like a side story that was setting up a whole new franchise and killer as opposed to the final chapter of Laurie and Michael's story. I can really sit here and detail all the reasons why this movie didn't work for me but I'll sum it up by saying that ultimately, this movie almost acts like the two movies before it didn't happen and they want you to kind of ignore them. I'm STILL confused by some of the choices here and all i can think of is that these guys put all of their best ideas regarding this series in the first movie and were like "now what?! We have two more whole assed movies to make!" and they pulled these last two movies RIGHT out of their asses.  I mean the way Laurie traps Michael in the first movie is waaay more of a cinematic and epic way for him to go out than the way he does in this one. Also the movie just seemed unclear with what it was trying to say. Was Michael just a guy? Was he Evil incarnate? WTF was he??? I dunno what to think after watching this and I don't think anyone else does because the movie doesn't. Anywhoo... that's the end of that I guess. Until they reboot it again in 5 years.

I'm sure there are some people who would have gone to the theater if it wasn't available on Peacock and watched it at home instead. But there are also people like me, who only barely care about the Halloween franchise and not would have bothered making the trip to see this one. But since I can stream it at home, on a service that's currently costing me a whole $2 a month, what the hell - I'll throw it on tonight. 

• Halal 1

5 hours ago, johnny said:

because i like movies and the halloween movies are popular so i know people online and irl will be talking about it 

Watch:

Wolf Like Me

The Resort

On 10/15/2022 at 7:12 PM, Greatoneshere said:

I actually agree, having just watched it. I really enjoyed the film, as did my wife. Neither of us being diehard Halloween fans (not at all) we thoroughly enjoyed the time this movie took to establish its characters and the stakes. It was well shot and well scored (no surprise with Carpenter back) and the fights were great. Acting was credible to very good and the plot wrapped up most everything from the previous two films (and the original 1978 one). Not sure what people wanted, but as a person with no particular connection to the Halloween franchise, I thought this was a mostly great capper. Yes, it doesn't have a lot of Laurie or Michael and I'm sure fans hate an imposter in the role but I found a lot of what the movie was trying to say compelling.

It probably really does help to not be particularly invested in the franchise. I thought this was a pretty wild way to end a trilogy/franchise, but it mostly worked for me.

I don’t know how much of the plot was known beforehand, but my supervisor completely spoiled it for me at work yesterday. Again, it helps that this wasn’t a highly anticipated movie for me, but holy shit: 

Spoiler

She tells me that Michael Myers isn’t the main killer, there’s this other guy named Corey that does most of the killing, and Michael Myers doesn’t do much except show up at the end to get killed. 

When I told her “great, now I don’t need to see the movie” she was like “well, there’s… other scenes and stuff in it”. I think she was just excited to tell me about it because 

Spoiler

my name is Cory :o

• Halal 1