Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II - Propaganda Thread, update: CoD player shows up at Activision studio in Austin to complain about ban

Commissar SFLUFAN

H2YhGviF8joLesKLAeyTz4-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

The standalone sequel to Warzone will arrive during Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Season 1.

Y8XnxqQpF6xHApRiR6xauU-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

DMZ is Infinity Ward's take on games like Escape from Tarkov and Hunt: Showdown.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II (28 October 2022) - Propaganda Thread, update: "Multiplayer & Warzone 2.0" and "Oni Operator" trailers, WZ 2.0 to launch with Season 1 (November 16), new "DMZ" extraction mode
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II (28 October 2022) - Propaganda Thread, update: "Multiplayer & Warzone 2.0" and "Oni Operator" trailers, WZ 2.0 to launch with Season 1 (November 16), new "DMZ" and "Raid" modes
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

I think i might actually enjoy the 3rd person mode if it didn't go right back to first person when you aim.  What a weird choice.

If they did the Ghost Recon setup where it's 3rd person, then holding down the L-trigger zoomed into an over-the-shoulder view, then an extra click takes it into FPS/ADS/Scope view, I'd be all over that shit. I really loved that setup.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II (28 October 2022) - Propaganda Thread, update: "Launch Gameplay Trailer"
2 hours ago, best3444 said:

If it ever hit gamepass I'd play the campaign. I no longer play mp games.

Main reason I want MS to get the deal to go through. I like COD campaigns but they aren’t worth $60 for me since I don’t play MP. This year is light on impressive looking games though so this will be hopefully the last one I have to buy.

38 minutes ago, stepee said:

Main reason I want MS to get the deal to go through. I like COD campaigns but they aren’t worth $60 for me since I don’t play MP. This year is light on impressive looking games though so this will be hopefully the last one I have to buy.

Yea, I bet the campaign is fun but I can't justify a purchase for that alone. Oh well. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II (28 October 2022) - Propaganda Thread, update: "Official PC Trailer"
  • 2 weeks later...

So yesterday I figured "fuck it why not!?" & bought the game so as I can play the campaign. Yep, definitely another COD but I love Price, Soap, Gaz, Ghost, & the rest so damn much & IW tells a really compelling story while crafting remarkably fun levels, totally do not regret the purchase.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

I haven't really done a CoD campaign in a while, but I remember lots of very narrow mission areas and/or very handholdey objectives with clear markers and little wiggle room for deviating too much. This one seems to be a lot more open (not open, just... more open) and free-form. Like I'm doing a mission where I have to clear some warehouses, and I can tackle that however I want. Going in through the front door, climbing on the roof and shooting through the skylights, opening a vent and tossing in a tear gas grenade to flush the building out which also lets the person covering me with sniper fire help out. Seems like I can even do the buildings in whatever order I like.

I know it doesn't sounds too crazy, but I have very clear memories of CoD basically being like... run down the hallway that looks like you're outdoors (or is just a hallway) and don't touch the door until the NPC says you can (which still happens from time to time) or sometimes the NPC will open it for you (still happens as well) but this feels a lot better and is actually keeping my interest.

Has this been a recent change, or is it just because I haven't played a CoD campaign in like a decade?

6 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I haven't really done a CoD campaign in a while, but I remember lots of very narrow mission areas and/or very handholdey objectives with clear markers and little wiggle room for deviating too much. This one seems to be a lot more open (not open, just... more open) and free-form. Like I'm doing a mission where I have to clear some warehouses, and I can tackle that however I want. Going in through the front door, climbing on the roof and shooting through the skylights, opening a vent and tossing in a tear gas grenade to flush the building out which also lets the person covering me with sniper fire help out. Seems like I can even do the buildings in whatever order I like.

I know it doesn't sounds too crazy, but I have very clear memories of CoD basically being like... run down the hallway that looks like you're outdoors (or is just a hallway) and don't touch the door until the NPC says you can (which still happens from time to time) or sometimes the NPC will open it for you (still happens as well) but this feels a lot better and is actually keeping my interest.

Has this been a recent change, or is it just because I haven't played a CoD campaign in like a decade?

The previous MW game from 2019 had some missions that were more open, and free form, and the last one I played before that was Black Ops III, but I don't remember the mission structure that well from that. Could be a more recent change, but yeah they've become less corridor shooter. 

3 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I played Cold War and I’m like half way into Vanguard which I do still need to get back to even if it seems like a weaker one. I think this is new unless they did it in MW1 then pulled it back with the two after it. I just played a bit during lunch and that stood out to me as well!

Also my goodness it’s a looker, love the tessellation going on here. Easy dlss quality 4k/120 maxed out too, this should be a fun ride.

48 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Git Gud. Nobody plays campaigns. Multiplayer or gtfo. 

2 hours ago, stepee said:

Someone else besides me must like these campaigns because just looking at a random room in the game even, it all looks quite costly!

Im more into the campaigns of Modern Shooters than the MP…

Got burnt out on COD MP midway through the original MW2. So i then only played through MW3 for the campaign… didnt really fully play a COD until Ghosts, then quit again.

Played the reboot MW campaign just to see which movies or shows theyd “reinterpret”… was pleasantly surprised by the scenarios, graphic and openness of some of the levels..

not big on the whole Warzone craze 

I wanted to go back and play it again but the campaign is locked so deep within Warzone that its almost like a hostage in need of rescue.. I dont have the patience for the 4 days of download.. I hope the MW2 campaign isnt trapped like this

If anything I wish for a modern Brothers in Arms or a graphics update of the MOH 2010 campaign

• True 1

I forget that COD is a graphicsssss show off now, I don’t think it was always this way? I was impressed with how Vanguard looked as well, I’m guessing it started with the MW1 engine. Some crazy asset detail and fantastic lighting and shadow work. And with all the show offy explosions and all at 120fps woof this is gonna be fun.