Let's check in on how the Democratic midterms planning is going.

…Honestly I’m more annoyed that Biden or Kamala might be the presidential hopefuls for the election.. 1 already gives the too old vibe and the other isnt exactly a clean brand… Another Barrack Obama isnt walking through the door anytime soon but it sure would be nice to vote for a candidate for their merits as opposed to “its better than voting for….”

Not to downplay that President Biden isnt filling an important role after Agent Orange

19 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

…Honestly I’m more annoyed that Biden or Kamala might be the presidential hopefuls for the election.. 1 already gives the too old vibe and the other isnt exactly a clean brand… Another Barrack Obama isnt walking through the door anytime soon but it sure would be nice to vote for a candidate for their merits as opposed to “its better than voting for….”

Not to downplay that President Biden isnt filling an important role after Agent Orange

tbh, this is one of the most effective first couple years I've seen of a president in my admittedly short lifetime.

If you had told me 10 years ago that Biden would aim to be more ambitious than the person he served under, I would have lol'd. Not everything he proposed got done with the current slim majorities, but someone would have to make a hell of a detailed argument how a president who had the slimmest majorities anyone's had in decades got as much through the gate as he did.

I'd like somebody younger, but they need to have the same effectiveness of Diamond Joe. And since Biden-Harris is what we have right now, I'm hoping to give them bigger majorities next year so we can build off these first two years.

1 minute ago, Anathema- said:

It's hard to admit for many it but it's plain that this was a large part of his appeal. 

It was central to his appeal with some voters and central to the virulent hate experienced from the rest. Separate all that out and he was…okay? But also a war criminal sort of? Obama is a tougher cookie to crack than most give him credit for. 

• True 4

22 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

It was central to his appeal with some voters and central to the virulent hate experienced from the rest. Separate all that out and he was…okay? But also a war criminal sort of? Obama is a tougher cookie to crack than most give him credit for. 

Exactly. 

3 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

I think he meant another Barack Obama as in someone very exciting who can command rallies and get people out to register and vote. He was excellent at retail politics and speaking to voters.

yup, the appeal of the man went beyond pigmentation… He could have been Kang or Kodos for all I care as long he could present himself and articulate as he did… Was he a truly effective President, perhaps not as much as we wanted or as much as he promised…. At the same time you have to acknowledge how much turtle McConnell worked to limit what he could accomplish.. hell they went so far as to start the chain of stolen SCOTUS seats (come on Garland karma!).

15 hours ago, Uaarkson said:

McCain would have been worse, but Obama’s biggest flaw is that he didn’t lean harder into the pro-labor, anti-finance ethos that Roosevelt parlayed into the New Deal.  He had an opportunity to crush the post-Bretton Woods colonization of politics by finance, and remake the political landscape, but he was hostage to the delusion that he could do it by playing nice with the politicians already in finance’s pockets—when in reality he needed to take the pain of victims of the ‘08 Lesser Depression and beat those corrupt stooges over the head with it until they agreed to get back on 

the side of ‘working folk’.

Of course, he’d have to contradict the tone of his whole campaign—but as Trump has demonstrated, total rhetorical contradiction just doesn’t matter to most people.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...