Canadian Insurrection | UPDATE - Oversight commission rules invocation of Emergency Act by Trudeau was warranted

trucker-protest-20220214.jpg
WWW.CBC.CA

Some blocks are clear of protest vehicles in Ottawa and some potential next steps could be presented during two city meetings Tuesday, including the Ottawa Police Services Board.

I'm thinking there will still be a Dance Party and hot tub on Wellington Street on Saturday night.

2 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:
trucker-protest-20220214.jpg
WWW.CBC.CA

Some blocks are clear of protest vehicles in Ottawa and some potential next steps could be presented during two city meetings Tuesday, including the Ottawa Police Services Board.

I'm thinking there will still be a Dance Party and hot tub on Wellington Street on Saturday night.

Yeah I'm thinking the RCMP will remove all the other blockades this week, and hope that the financial measures reduce the trucks/people in Ottawa (the actual people with big rigs, etc, not just hangers-on). Then they'll tackle Ottawa next week. Just my guess.

Records from the federal government show that Easy Kleen has received funding from the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy program, set up to help employers who have "seen a drop in revenue during the COVID-19 pandemic."

On Facebook, Howland has posted support for former U.S. president Donald Trump and about his distrust of vaccines.

In 2009, Howland received a conditional discharge after he threatened the principal of a New Brunswick elementary school when they stopped daily singing of O Canada. CBC reported at the time that Howland threatened to beat the principal senseless, but Howland said he meant it as a figure of speech rather than a threat.

11 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Yeah I'm thinking the RCMP will remove all the other blockades this week, and hope that the financial measures reduce the trucks/people in Ottawa (the actual people with big rigs, etc, not just hangers-on). Then they'll tackle Ottawa next week. Just my guess.

The Ottawa blockade was the only one that the Emergencies Act was needed for.

• Sicko 1

• CitizenVectron changed the title to Canadian Insurrection | UPDATE - Ottawa chief of police resigns
OttTruckersFeb14.jpg
NATIONALPOST.COM

What we have seen in the occupation of Ottawa and blockages at border crossings is not the right of protest, but illegal activity that is a national security…

Hmm, article by Peter MacKay calling the protests illegal...is MacKay going to run for leader again under the Red Tory wing of the party? If Charest is doing that then there's no point, I think (only way a centrist can win is if the right-wing of the party is diving between a few choices and the centrists have one, imo).

18 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

FWIW, Sloly was widely viewed as one of the most "progressive" police chiefs in Canada (i.e. the ones that were trying to move away from traditional policing methods, closer to the "defund the police" ideal).

The OPP and RCMP will be taking over.  They are known for being "old school".

Other stuff has some out now that he is resigning—apparently there were issues with him being a bully behind the scenes, and multiple complaints about his behaviour. It's possible it was due to his force not liking him, however.

Does it matter that the Peterborough police suspect that the guns were described as a crime of opportunity?  And that the thieves had entered several commercial yards that evening looking for something to steal?  And that the truck was found in the opposite direction of Ottawa?  Or are people here just going to assume it was the Freedom Convoy idiots with no evidence?