Update: Mission Accomplished!

Commissar SFLUFAN

13 hours ago, Moa said:

What made you decide on Huel rather than the myriad other meal replacement powders? I'm using it for a different purpose, but the only way I heard of it was from a youtuber I like who shilled for it.

I decided on Huel for two reasons:

(1) Their website specifically illustrated how it could be integrated into an intermediate fasting routine.

(2) Huel Black's enhanced protein content was appealing to me due to my new physical training regimine.

(3) It looked like the least appetizing option of all the meal replacement powders.  I know that sounds odd, but my reasoning was that if I could "tolerate" Huel, then I'd be pretty much in the clear going forward.

5 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I decided on Huel for two reasons:

(1) Their website specifically illustrated how it could be integrated into an intermediate fasting routine.

(2) Huel Black's enhanced protein content was appealing to me due to my new physical training regimine.

(3) It looked like the least appetizing option of all the meal replacement powders.  I know that sounds odd, but my reasoning was that if I could "tolerate" Huel, then I'd be pretty much in the clear going forward.

Do you take what Andrea said above into account? I'm just curious.

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Do you take what Andrea said above into account? I'm just curious.

OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rachel said:

Yes, encouraging healthy body image and a healthy relationship with food is HILARIOUS. 

Here's my preferred relationship with food: if a pill was invented that would provide me with all the necessary nutrients, vitamins, minerals, etc. and I'd never have to actually eat again, I'd be first in line for it.

Same goes for sleep.

Eating and sleeping absolutely bore the living shit out of me.

8 minutes ago, Joe said:

Is there like a keto meal replacement? I could use one of those.

shutterstock_450601453.jpg?w=1024
WWW.ROLLINGSTONE.COM

A keto meal replacement shake needs to be convenient, with good macros and a decent taste. We review four of the most popular powders online

I'm still doing REALLY good!

- The insomnia has pretty much disappeared.

- Zero cravings for anything at all

- Gym performance for both strength and cardio are markedly improved and I'm still able to maintain a twice-a-day, 3 days on/1 day off schedule

- I've definitely dropped at least one pants size (now below a 38, not sure if I'm at 36 yet but I should be there soon) and I tried on a few of my tailored jackets and they fit perfectly!

52 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I'm still doing REALLY good!

- The insomnia has pretty much disappeared.

- Zero cravings for anything at all

- Gym performance for both strength and cardio are markedly improved and I'm still able to maintain a twice-a-day, 3 days on/1 day off schedule

- I've definitely dropped at least one pants size (now below a 38, not sure if I'm at 36 yet but I should be there soon) and I tried on a few of my tailored jackets and they fit perfectly!

Did you see the end result of the video? :daydream:

image.png

Alright, I decided to give some of Huel's "hot and savory" product line a shot, so I ordered these packs:

- Thai Green Curry

- Yellow Coconut Curry

- Spicy Indian Curry 

I started with the  Spicy Indian Curry, and I gotta say that while it wasn't particularly "spicy" it was pretty damned tasty for what it is!  I've decided that I'll have the hot & savory items at home on the weekends and the cold shakes during the week at the office.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: I just ate my first Huel "Hot & Savory" meal
2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Alright, I decided to give some of Huel's "hot and savory" product line a shot, so I ordered these packs:

- Thai Green Curry

- Yellow Coconut Curry

- Spicy Indian Curry 

I started with the  Spicy Indian Curry, and I gotta say that while it wasn't particularly "spicy" it was pretty damned tasty for what it is!  I've decided that I'll have the hot & savory items at home on the weekends and the cold shakes during the week at the office.

Do any of the Hot and Savory ones contain oats? I was interested in Huel until I saw it contains oats (I can't eat them), but your post about the Hot and Savory made me take another look and I think it may just be the powder that has oats, but they seem to make it hard to find the labels on the site. 

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

Do any of the Hot and Savory ones contain oats? I was interested in Huel until I saw it contains oats (I can't eat them), but your post about the Hot and Savory made me take another look and I think it may just be the powder that has oats, but they seem to make it hard to find the labels on the site. 

None of the three that I selected contain oats.

3 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

None of the three that I selected contain oats.

Thanks, and now that I'm on desktop I found the button for the ingredients info and it looks like none of the Hot and Savorys have oats. I'll have to order these for when I get back from seeing my family, these seem great for keeping in the office for lunch.

One other thing, I see the serving sizes are given in terms of weight, does it come with a scooper that gives you the right amount or are you using a scale?

Just now, Jason said:

Thanks, and now that I'm on desktop I found the button for the ingredients info and it looks like none of the Hot and Savorys have oats. I'll have to order these for when I get back from seeing my family, these seem great for keeping in the office for lunch.

One other thing, I see the serving sizes are given in terms of weight, does it come with a scooper that gives you the right amount or are you using a scale?

It comes with a scooper that measures the right amount.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

- Thai Green Curry

- Yellow Coconut Curry

- Spicy Indian Curry 

This looks intriguing as a good quick meal option, which is a position I'm often in these days between work/school...How is the quality given the preparation required? Initially I thought it was like the microwavable bags that you can find in the grocery store, then once I realized it is dehydrated I wasn't sure how appetizing that might be.

8 minutes ago, Chris- said:

This looks intriguing as a good quick meal option, which is a position I'm often in these days between work/school...How is the quality given the preparation required? Initially I thought it was like the microwavable bags that you can find in the grocery store, then once I realized it is dehydrated I wasn't sure how appetizing that might be.

The quality is perfectly adequate by my standards, but then again "appetizing" is definitely NOT a priority for me.

I've essentially reached the stage where I less concerned about how something tastes as opposed to whether it can effectively deliver the macronutrient load I require.

8 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The quality is perfectly adequate by my standards, but then again "appetizing" is definitely NOT a priority for me.

I've essentially reached the stage where I less concerned about how something tastes as opposed to whether it can effectively deliver the macronutrient load I require.

In terms of texture/consistency? I don't need something that tastes amazing, just something palatable and without a gross mouthfeel.