Campaign to primary Krysten Sinema launches today

On 9/30/2021 at 1:37 PM, CitizenVectron said:

Good. I mean, it's too late for the Democrats anyway since they will likely never control both houses of Congress + the Presidency at the same time ever again.

Progressives thinking the democratic party can be "fixed" are blind anyway. They are not, nor have ever wanted to be Progressives. 

The best thing would be if both parties were destroyed, and multiple parties rose from the rubble, ending the two party system.

Its been far too long since an American political party has failed.

1 minute ago, mclumber1 said:

Title is incorrect.  It should read, "Campaign to primary Sinema with someone further to the left, but will ultimately result in a Republican replacing her seat, starts today."

Mark Kelly is to her left and polls way better in Arizona than she does. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Kelly is to her left in the same way that Joe Biden is: they're not conservative

Exactly. Sinema doesn't need to be replaced by an AOC or a Sanders (though of course that would be nice), she needs to be replaced by a nameless centrist Democrat who will vote with the party. She's a Democrat in name only—she's there to collect a cheque (or cheques, if you include the lobbyist money) and bask in the attention. 

1 hour ago, mclumber1 said:

Title is incorrect.  It should read, "Campaign to primary Sinema with someone further to the left, but will ultimately result in a Republican replacing her seat, starts today."

Arizona has trended left noticeably since even Obama. Not sure if you need someone trying to out-Manchin Manchin in Arizona, and I'm not sure it is a decent electoral strategy in a state that is not hardcore conservative. It just feels like you're making your base dislike you and stay home while not actually winning over conservatives.

With the way Arizona is going, she can do a lot better for the next four years; she's not even up for reelection tomorrow. Who knows how much more liberal Arizona will become on more issues by then.

2 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

I meant to quote this sorry.

28 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Arizona has trended left noticeably since even Obama. Not sure if you need someone trying to out-Manchin Manchin in Arizona, and I'm not sure it is a decent electoral strategy in a state that is not hardcore conservative. It just feels like you're making your base dislike you and stay home while not actually winning over conservatives.

With the way Arizona is going, she can do a lot better for the next four years; she's not even up for reelection tomorrow. Who knows how much more liberal Arizona will become on more issues by then.

If anything she's more likely to cost the Democrats her seat in 2024 given the disillusionment she's caused amongst the people who canvassed for her with the way she's behaved since getting elected, not even having any town halls since then. If she's the Democratic candidate again in 2024 why would they go out and campaign for her again?

I can foresee her career trajectory:

1. Get primaried and lose her seat

2. Become a lobbyist

3. Become a go-to guest on Fox News

4. Write a book about how she got canceled, the book becomes a best seller because conservative groups lap it up

5. Bask in the knowledge that she not only has piles of cash, but screwed over the people who elected her to get it

• Guillotine 1

8 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

I can foresee her career trajectory:

1. Get primaried and lose her seat

2. Become a lobbyist

3. Become a go-to guest on Fox News

4. Write a book about how she got canceled, the book becomes a best seller because conservative groups lap it up

5. Bask in the knowledge that she not only has piles of cash, but screwed over the people who elected her to get it

After obfuscating about her whereabouts, Ms. Sinema’s team finally told me to meet her at a bookstore in Phoenix for what was described as a round-table discussion with local businesswomen. When I got there, I encountered a highly unusual scene for a major campaign.

There was nobody else at the event, just the seven businesswomen, Ms. Sinema and her highly attentive staff (one aide unwrapped a straw before carefully placing it in Ms. Sinema’s can of La Croix), me and a small CNN crew.

She spent the 38-minute discussion — seemingly conducted purely for the benefit of The Wall Street Journal, where I worked at the time, and CNN — taking every opportunity to praise President Donald J. Trump and her meetings with him. When she was asked about child care, she said Mr. Trump’s daughter Ivanka Trump was working on it.

In our subsequent 13-minute interview, Ms. Sinema couldn’t name any topics in which she disagreed with Mr. Trump. When I asked what her younger self, who worked for Ralph Nader’s presidential campaign, would think of her in 2018, she said she would be “proud of the growth.”

merlin_195625899_d980c35f-d5d9-41d5-b732
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

The Arizona senator has undergone a political metamorphosis.

• Guillotine 1

The subhuman scum who run Fox News won't shut the fuck up about this unbelievable horrific bathroom incident. I mean, yeah, it's not cool... that crosses an actual line to go into a bathroom... but has anyone actually watched the footage? I mean, give me a fucking break. It's the most harmless, whatever incident you can imagine. There was zero danger. There was nothing. I 100% agree the agenda and tone of the people who went into the bathroom (even though it is overstepping to go into a bathroom). She is right and Sinema is a fucking idiot and deserves never ended scorn and mockery. If she wants to act like an idiot and thrust herself into the spotlight at the expense of millions of people, then yeah, some people are going to get in your face. Your actions are hurting real people with real world problems who aren't millionaire senators. Fuck you Kristen Sinema.

Anyway, with everything going on in the world, if you think (like Fox News does) that this nothing bullshit 3 minute bathroom incident should be the top news story of the day, on literally any fucking day in all of human history... then you are a completely warped and demented shitlord. You are not a serious person who can be taken seriously.

On 10/7/2021 at 7:13 AM, ort said:

The subhuman scum who run Fox News won't shut the fuck up about this unbelievable horrific bathroom incident. I mean, yeah, it's not cool... that crosses an actual line to go into a bathroom... but has anyone actually watched the footage? I mean, give me a fucking break. It's the most harmless, whatever incident you can imagine. There was zero danger. There was nothing. I 100% agree the agenda and tone of the people who went into the bathroom (even though it is overstepping to go into a bathroom). She is right and Sinema is a fucking idiot and deserves never ended scorn and mockery. If she wants to act like an idiot and thrust herself into the spotlight at the expense of millions of people, then yeah, some people are going to get in your face. Your actions are hurting real people with real world problems who aren't millionaire senators. Fuck you Kristen Sinema.

Anyway, with everything going on in the world, if you think (like Fox News does) that this nothing bullshit 3 minute bathroom incident should be the top news story of the day, on literally any fucking day in all of human history... then you are a completely warped and demented shitlord. You are not a serious person who can be taken seriously.

• True 1

• 3 weeks later...