USPS Now With More Delays And Price Hikes

SimpleG

12 minutes ago, Nokra said:

I had a package get lost, I submitted a lost package claim, and they said they'd respond to me within 1-3 business days. Two weeks later and I've heard jack.

If you're lucky you'll get something in the mail in a plastic bag and your mail all damaged with a message "whoopsie!"

#blessed

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nokra said:

I had a package get lost, I submitted a lost package claim, and they said they'd respond to me within 1-3 business days. Two weeks later and I've heard jack. 

A few weeks ago they delivered my packages to my neighbor's house, whose house number is clearly very different.  So I put in a lost package request, and they actually get back to me with the only statement being "the driver attempted to reclaim the package."  I then sent in another lost package request, and got an email saying they will look into it.  I responded to the email with the video clearly showing the driver going past my house, stopping at my neighbor's house and never walking to my front door, but haven't heard back in over a week.

Sadly I'd love to ask my neighbors for the packages, but they are complete white trash.  There's got to be like 10 people staying in the house, and even more people come and go, and they love to park in my drive and also block my mailbox, which causes the driver to pass on deliveries for up to a week.  And the fact they don't have the common decency to walk over to my house and give me my clearly labeled packages really says enough about their character. I'd really love to know WTF they are going to do the 120mm case fans I bought for my PC.

USPS is always a crapshoot. Last year I ordered a box set 4k film that was a limited run only released in the Europe. I spent extra to have expedited shipping the company took my money and shipped it as cheap as possible through USPS. It hit the East coast and then promptly disappeared, the company was super uncooperative and I had to charge back the cost, plus spend about double the cost to get another one because they had been sold out for 6 months. Three months after this , the one that had disappeared showed up. It left the US and spent most of its time traveling around Thailand, before landing at NYC and then must have been carried by covered wagon to my house.

4 hours ago, Littleronin said:

Slow down? It just took 2 weeks to get a package from Colorado via Priority Mail...

I used to use that quite a bit but the last time i had 2 separate packages leave the same warehouse on the same day, 1 was 2 day priority and the other was Media mail. They both arrived 6 days later

19 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

My advice is to get friendly with the mailman. My mom used to give mine Christmas presents and he'd always be friendly, and sometimes if he saw me would hand me my mail with me standing there. I guess the UPS guy was kind of friendly too, and would always spark up a conversation.

In my town we don't have USPS street delivery and the post office has been a revolving door of workers for the last 3 or 4 years. Before we knew everyone there on a first name basis but now the is only one left from the old group and the janitor. 

Same thing has happened with UPS and FedEx here. We used to know and even buy our drivers xmas gifts but they changed everything up (FedEx closed the Fallon office about 8 years ago and everything comes out of Reno now and UPS seen our old driver retire and we have had 15 replacements in the last year). 

• Sad 1

Back in June we got an envelope from USPS. It was this official envelope that had an apology on it. Said something like "sometimes accidents happen or your mail was destroyed". Opened it up to find a ripped back page of a coupon flyer. Dated 6 months prior. They sent us the remnant of a piece of junk mail.  We had a good laugh about it. I think i still have it somewhere. 

This sucks, I generally trust USPS over all other services when having stuff sent from the US. Cost have very much gotten out of hand because a simple PCB shipped to me cost almost as much as the PCB did ($45 shipping charge for something less than 3lb and not very big).

UPS on the other hand has to be my most despised shipping service. They will charge you like $40 just to invoice you for $3 in import taxes and filling out a small paper that their system does automatically anyways. :| 

I've noticed lots of bad service from USPS lately. Just a few weeks ago, I did a six piece order from Amazon. Amazon's service says all six items were delivered. 3 of them never arrived. And I don't believe they ever will. I've already received replacement shipments from Amazon about a week ago. I don't know if there's a problem in the distribution part of the delivery, or if we have a person in the mailroom (or deliverer) who is stealing packages.

I do know it wasn't stolen off my front porch, as I was home during the days when they deliver, and I'm aware whenever anything arrives.

20 hours ago, chakoo said:

This sucks, I generally trust USPS over all other services when having stuff sent from the US. Cost have very much gotten out of hand because a simple PCB shipped to me cost almost as much as the PCB did ($45 shipping charge for something less than 3lb and not very big).

UPS on the other hand has to be my most despised shipping service. They will charge you like $40 just to invoice you for $3 in import taxes and filling out a small paper that their system does automatically anyways. :| 

Fun fact: you can refuse to pay the broker fees. When you take receipt of delivery, just tell them you are going to file the customs paperwork yourself (you then have to do it, but it's cheap and easy). Legally they have to give you the package.

11 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Fun fact: you can refuse to pay the broker fees. When you take receipt of delivery, just tell them you are going to file the customs paperwork yourself (you then have to do it, but it's cheap and easy). Legally they have to give you the package.

Yes but sadly I don't want to drive all the way to the airport to deal with the customs paperwork myself. Sure it's pretty damn simple but inconvenient. =/ Such BS when Canada Post is only $5-$7 processing charge vs UPS's $30+. 

I know you can also sometimes argue with UPS over the phone and they will reduce/drop the charge but it's a hassle as well.

10 minutes ago, chakoo said:

Yes but sadly I don't want to drive all the way to the airport to deal with the customs paperwork myself. Sure it's pretty damn simple but inconvenient. =/ Such BS when Canada Post is only $5-$7 processing charge vs UPS's $30+. 

I know you can also sometimes argue with UPS over the phone and they will reduce/drop the charge but it's a hassle as well.

For sure. I avoid UPS when possible.

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

This started out :devil: but when you said you actually do the paperwork it turned into :angel:

Typical Canadian nice guy move.

Way back when I enjoyed the 40% off sales from deepdiscountdvd.com. I believe they shipped via UPS to Canada. My package of movies got lost and they had to send me a replacement order. Another month later and my replacement package arrived, BUT 3 months after that  I got my original order. Somehow my original order landed in Quebec and sat their for 4-5 months before it showed up on my porch. Bday and Xmas presents were half way done for me after that arrived, and some I got store credit for at Walmart