What time do you leave for work and what time do you get home?

gamer.tv

My wife has finished her maternity leave and so we’re back to being two working people with one car. Due to that, I take public transport to get to work. So I tend to head off early (5:15am) to try and get a lot done before my day starts and then hopefully leave by 3:40pm and be home by about 4:30pm.

The only days this doesn’t quite work are meeting days where I’m hoping to be back for 6:30pm.

I do like my commute though, starts with a 25 minute walk, a 40 minute bus ride (which means I can either work or read) and then a 5 minute walk up a hill.

Although, bring on the time in a few years when we move to a house where having two cars is more doable.

My days are all different. Today I was up and out of the house at 7am to meet a delivery, then spent around 7 hours stacking shipping containers for new screens, and back at the house around 5pm. Tomorrow I’ll probably be home during the day time hours and then go work from 7pm-2am installing the screen materials.

Some days I work from home the whole day, and I’m on call 24/7 for all sorts of random nonsense.

5 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I work from my living room. Do NOT miss the days of commuting at all.

Same.  I wake up, take my time getting ready for the day, make some coffee and get to it.  It's great. And the money I save on gas is nice too.

Back when I was in the office I was (still am) an early riser.  I'd wake up around 5:30, be in the office around 6:15-6:30.  I'd get home most days around 5:30 or 6.

I leave for work at 7am, and I return home at about 8:30pm. I used to take the freeway and it shaves off about five minutes, but I've discovered just driving through town instead is a lot more peaceful so I take the extra five or ten minutes just to avoid rapid traffic in Texas where people really never learned to drive.

7 hours ago, Slug said:

Same.  I wake up, take my time getting ready for the day, make some coffee and get to it.  It's great. And the money I save on gas is nice too.

Back when I was in the office I was (still am) an early riser.  I'd wake up around 5:30, be in the office around 6:15-6:30.  I'd get home most days around 5:30 or 6.

I was talking with a colleague thinking of changing jobs to a place around the corner from her house that also raised the massive reduction in car repair costs too.

I’m looking into whether I can get a push bike through work and indulge in 20 miles of biking each day.

My "commute" is a 15 minute walk. Sometimes I'll take a scooter if I'm feeling lazy. I used to skateboard to work but the way back is entirely uphill so it kind of sucks.

I typically leave my house at about 4, get off work at like 1am and get home by 2:30am after making a pit stop.