Fucking Spotify.

Jason

Was looking at my phone just now and my internal storage was down to like 2 GB. And, yup, it was the result of Spotify immediately redownloading everything the second it loses track of your SD card if you store your music on the SD card. Such an annoying design decision, don't see how it'd be hard to just prompt you that it lost track of the SD card and ask you what you want to do.

9 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I get little to no reception at work (giant refrigerated warehouse) so I download playlists from Spotify every day before I go to work. I have my own gripes about that process, but they are certainly not worth bringing up. 

The specific gripe is that I don't want to actively manage my downloaded playlists, it's mostly just my Discover Weekly and my Liked Songs. The latter is over 3k songs so it's really fucking annoying when it does this because it loses the SD card for a couple of seconds, it's not like it's just a couple of normal length playlists. I've been burned before getting onto long flights with almost nothing downloaded because of this. 

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

The specific gripe is that I don't want to actively manage my downloaded playlists, it's mostly just my Discover Weekly and my Liked Songs. The latter is over 3k songs so it's really fucking annoying when it does this because it loses the SD card for a couple of seconds, it's not like it's just a couple of normal length playlists. I've been burned before getting onto long flights with almost nothing downloaded because of this. 

Understood. I fully acknowledge the severity of this situation. You have my full support in this and all your future endeavors. 

3 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Understood. I fully acknowledge the severity of this situation. You have my full support in this and all your future endeavors. 

I hope this happens to you right at the start of your shift. :nottalking:

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, The def star said:

To be fair you are listening to an MP3 if you care so much about how your music sounds you would be a Tidal subscriber :p 

Most people can't tell the difference between really high quality compressed music and lossless. Especially not 1. on even good headphones that you'd normally use with a phone and 2. with the background noise on a plane/at work/etc.

I have an app on iphone called Cloud Music that I use for my own recordings where you can just go to file browser and add whatever sound files to it and create offline playlists. So you can just download music and keep it in file browser on your phone then always add them to playlists when needed offline. Smtn like that might help some of you weirdos.

On 7/29/2021 at 9:31 PM, Chris- said:

Imagine keeping music on your device in the year 2021

There are still some red states / counties that have shit cell coverage. Maps and music saved to my device cause I'm not asking Trump 2024 bumper sticker guys for directions.

10 minutes ago, Ominous said:

There are still some red states / counties that have shit cell coverage. Maps and music saved to my device cause I'm not asking Trump 2024 bumper sticker guys for directions.

Honestly in some ways I'm surprised this is your response. A golden opportunity to feel superior and you pass it up for a lesser, more-obscure way of feeling superior.

• Haha 1