Cuba protests

cuba-protestas-callejeras-.jpg?quality=8
WWW.NBCMIAMI.COM

Hundreds of people packed SW 8th Street in Little Havana in solidarity with the growing protests in Cuba Sunday. SW 8th Street was shut down from 32nd Avenue to 37th Avenue as the crowd grew during...
210712092417-cuba-arrest-july-11-protest
WWW.CNN.COM

Several thousand Cubans took to the streets to protest a lack of freedom and a worsening economic situation, according to protesters who spoke to CNN and videos from multiple cities.

The already struggling Cuban economy has been hit hard as tourism and good imports have dropped steeply during the pandemic.

So is this due to capitalism or communism or am I just a tool of imperial Americas propaganda and/or former Cuban plantation owners who have lived in Miami for 60 years?

I hope the protests go well for them. When blackouts and food shortages spur these kinds of protests in a country not prone to them, I have to imagine things are bad.

If the US were to do anything, it seems like helping out with food in some way would be a good place to start.

I don't really know what the current state of the embargo is with Cuba, and Wikipedia is uncharacteristically unhelpful on the subject. I know Obama gradually eased a bunch of restrictions and Trump re-imposed a bunch of them, but it's not clear where we stand at the moment.

7 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I hope the protests go well for them. When blackouts and food shortages spur these kinds of protests in a country not prone to them, I have to imagine things are bad.

If the US were to do anything, it seems like helping out with food in some way would be a good place to start.

I don't really know what the current state of the embargo is with Cuba, and Wikipedia is uncharacteristically unhelpful on the subject. I know Obama gradually eased a bunch of restrictions and Trump re-imposed a bunch of them, but it's not clear where we stand at the moment.

To the best of my knowledge, I believe the Biden administration has relieved some of the Trump administration travel restrictions, but I don't think there have been any significant changes.

3 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

To the best of my knowledge, I believe the Biden administration has relieved some of the Trump administration travel restrictions, but I don't think there have been any significant changes.

Yup - I was right in my guess.  

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig
WWW.LATIMES.COM

President Biden's initial actions lifting Trump-era restrictions on Cuba won't immediately restore President Obama's warmer relations with the island.

2 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:
_119384055_gettyimages-1233942523.jpg
WWW.GOOGLE.COM

Social media played a key role in rare protests, and the government moved quickly to restrict it.

This is the sort of thing Loon should have helped out with prior to shutting down. The US doesn't really have to get involved. Just lose a few Internet-carrying balloons. Each balloon was only like $17k.