Россия invades Україна | UPDATE (30 May 2024) - Biden gives Ukraine permission to strike some targets inside Russia with American weapons

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Man post invasion is gonna be ugly

Even if Ukraine routes Russia and there's no insurgency, a victorious Ukraine is going to have a massive increase in nationalist fervor, which means it will be a huge playground for fascist groups--moreso than other places in Europe. 

It's gonna be bad even if there's no western-backed insurgency. 

2 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Even if Ukraine routes Russia and there's no insurgency, a victorious Ukraine is going to have a massive increase in nationalist fervor, which means it will be a huge playground for fascist groups--moreso than other places in Europe. 

I am concerned about the destablizing effect of just flooding a country with weapons. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zaku3 said:

I am concerned about the destablizing effect of just flooding a country with weapons. 

I'm sure Zelenskiy is too, which is why he's generally not going to have too tight a hold on Azov Btn's reins. He won't want backlash from a crackdown. 

Essentially, it's always the fascists that wind up having the military power and force of arms to overthrow a government. Gotta balance that card. 

11 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Yep

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, silentbob said:

McDonalds is still operating aren’t they? So everyone now gets water/milk in their Unhappy Meals. Waiting to see if Pepsi follows suite, and they own a lot of various companies 

Mcdonald's is closing stores for now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

Does Ukraine even have another 23 pilots to fly the MiG 29s?  or are some Polish pilots going on "holiday" to lovely Ukraine?

I'm going to be flying one for them. I may not have a lot of combat flight experience, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express once.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

With "friends" like these...

Cartel holding the line which tracks 

but they’re also aligned with the petrochemical right wing in this country so I expect no favors from these guys and I don’t see the American Democratic Party turning on these guys anytime soon

The ISW has released their assessment for today:

WWW.UNDERSTANDINGWAR.ORG

Russian forces continued concentrating in the eastern, northwestern, and western outskirts of Kyiv for an assault on the capital in the coming 24-96 hours. The reported appearance of forces belonging to Chechen leader Ramazan Kadyrov, Russia’s Rosgvardia

Russian forces continued concentrating in the eastern, northwestern, and western outskirts of Kyiv for an assault on the capital in the coming 24-96 hours. The reported appearance of forces belonging to Chechen leader Ramazan Kadyrov, Russia’s Rosgvardia internal security formations, and the Liga (former Wagner) Private Military Company in the western outskirts of Kyiv may indicate that the Russian military is struggling to assemble sufficient conventional combat power to launch its assault on the capital. Russian forces near Kyiv made limited gains and prepared for limited drives to continue their attempted encirclement to the west.

Ukrainian forces have continued to challenge the lengthy Russian ground lines of communication leading from near Sumy to eastern Kyiv. Russian forces near Kharkiv have been steadily diverting to secure and extend those lines over the past few days, as we have reported. The Ukrainian General Staff reported on March 8 that Russian troops currently near Chernihiv appear to be moving east. We assess that those forces may seek to link up with troops coming from near Sumy to help them consolidate and protect their extended lines in support of the planned offensive against Kyiv.

The situation in eastern Ukraine and southwestern Ukraine remained largely unchanged in the past 24 hours. Ukrainian General Staff reporting of additional Russian efforts to advance on the city of Zaporizhya likely confirm that Russia intends to make blocking that city a priority. The forces Russia is so far moving toward Zaporizhya appear to be far too small to encircle or take it.

Key Takeaways

• Russian forces are consolidating and preparing for further operations along the western and eastern outskirts of Kyiv, especially in the Irpin area in the west and the Brovary area in the east;
  • Ukrainian forces are challenging the extended Russian lines reaching from Sumy, which Russian forces have not yet taken, to the eastern outskirts of Kyiv;
  • Russian troops are likely attempting to bypass Mykolayiv and cross the Southern Bug upriver of that city to permit an advance on Odesa combined with an impending amphibious operation against that city; and
  • Russian forces are also driving north from Crimea toward the city of Zaporizhya.

DraftUkraineCoTMarch8,2022.png

• Sad 1