Россия invades Україна | UPDATE (13 June 2024) - US and Ukraine sign bilateral security agreement for long-term supply and cooperation

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Russia ain't even bothering with attempting international PR because they know it's a wasted effort.

The entirety of their PR effort is aimed for domestic consumption.

At this point, which do you think is more likely: that Russia just has an incompetent modern military, or that the lower (as in lower than Putin) level commanders doubt the mission and are just slow rolling and not committing fully? Or some of both?

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

At this point, which do you think is more likely: that Russia just has an incompetent modern military, or that the lower (as in lower than Putin) level commanders doubt the mission and are just slow rolling and not committing fully? Or some of both?

Definitely a combination of both.

19 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

This is precisely the type of situation that is ripe for the type of non-kinetic, "creative" exploitation that I discussed earlier.

They're hungry, cold, dirty, miserable, and sure as hell wish they were somewhere else.  That can definitely be used to bring this thing to a halt, at least in some sectors.

A new Air Force plane I hadn't seen showed up on Flight Radar.  So far it's mostly been two tankers holding over Poland and Romania along with the drone patrolling the Black Sea.  Now we have an RC-135V messing about over Romania

fr24_logo_twitter.png
WWW.FLIGHTRADAR24.COM

View flight on Flightradar24

4 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

A new Air Force plane I hadn't seen showed up on Flight Radar.  So far it's mostly been two tankers holding over Poland and Romania along with the drone patrolling the Black Sea.  Now we have an RC-135V messing about over Romania

fr24_logo_twitter.png
WWW.FLIGHTRADAR24.COM

US Air Force? 

13 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

fr24_logo_twitter.png
WWW.FLIGHTRADAR24.COM

The RC-135V is a SIGINT platform.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

"Hey Yuri, take this BMP and a couple of trucks and head down that highway over there to check things out.  Don't worry - I'm pretty sure that absolutely nothing will happen to you on that thoroughly exposed stretch of concrete!"

Buddy of mine texted me that The Russians employ a "throw shit at the wall and see what sticks" kind of strategy. Like they're not above sending in troops to gauge how well defended a position is. Maybe that's what this is?

1 hour ago, finaljedi said:

Yeah.  As far as stuff that shows up publicly we have 2 refueling planes, a Global Hawk drone, that RC-135V, and occasionally some Blackhawks moving about.  There's also an RAF refueling plane that just seemed to start a shift.

Just a small point I think they are probably Seahawks which are the navy version of the Blackhawk :p

”Translation” from Reddit:
”So, the soldier's basically asking the locals about how they could surrender (him and his team in the armored vehicle).

He explains that they had no idea they were gonna invade Ukraine, that they do not want this, and the local says to him that if they leave their military equipment and peacefully come with him, he's gonna lock them in his barn, call the Ukrainian military, and give them up, no harm done.”

• Shocked 1
  • Ukraine 3

@Commissar SFLUFAN

Ukraine listening to your advice about information warfare against Russian grunts?

Independent media in Russia (such as it is) is reporting that many of the troops are conscripts who have less then three months experience, and who were told they were being deployed for training, not combat. Many are confused and don't want to attack. 

• Ukraine 1

6 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

”Translation” from Reddit:
”So, the soldier's basically asking the locals about how they could surrender (him and his team in the armored vehicle).

He explains that they had no idea they were gonna invade Ukraine, that they do not want this, and the local says to him that if they leave their military equipment and peacefully come with him, he's gonna lock them in his barn, call the Ukrainian military, and give them up, no harm done.”

This is what I'm hoping for. I hope that more Russian soldiers throw down their weapons and surrender. They were lied to and now they are dying. They don't have to keep dying for the lying pig who is recklessly tossing them into the meat grinder.

• Like 1