Update: stolen CP 2077/Witcher/Gwent source code appears to be on auction at "underground" digital market

Commissar SFLUFAN

Man, CDPR just can't catch a break!

The hackers also managed to encrypt CDPR's servers, though the company has confirmed "our backups remain intact. We have already secured our IT infrastructure and begun restoring the data."

The ransom note claims CDPR has been "EPICALLY pwned" and threatens to leak or sell the source code online if the company does not reach an agreement with them. The hacking group also said they would send the company documents to their "contacts in gaming journalism."

"Your public image will go down the shitter even more and people will see how you shitty your company functions. Investors will lose trust in your company and the stock will dive even lower!"

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to "Ransomware" hackers threaten to release source code for Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3 as well as CDPR financial/administrative data
1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

"Your public image will go down the shitter even more and people will see how you shitty your company functions. Investors will lose trust in your company and the stock will dive even lower!"

:rofl: Their public image really won't get any worse unless we find out the entirety of CDPR are Rapist Cannibals. 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Fuck CDPR. I have lost all respect for them. Yea, the witcher 3 was great but time to move on and produce quality games again.

Stop lying and creating games made for tech that isn't even out yet to run the game.

I mean, the tech is out there. Frankly, it was one of the best games ive played outside of the launch bugs. And definitely one of the best looking games ever made. Now that they fixed most of the crashing, the game is great. Just don't play it on a shitty 8 year old console.

You seem to have a lot of wrong opinions.

41 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The tech is out, the only lies being told are console gamers to themselves that they would be able to run it on 10 year old hardware.

the game was announced before the PS4 and Xbox One even had their own reveal events, and then later went on sale. So I can forgive people for thinking the game might have been able to run with some stability on that hardware. The One X and PS4 Pro, whic had versions that were also plagued with stability and performance issues wouldn’t be released for 4-5 years after the game’s announcement. 

at what points did CDPR make the decision that they were going to target much more capable hardware than even the PS4 Pro and One X? Was it before preorders for the PS4 and One versions started? 

and at what point did CDPR know the builds for CP2077 were unacceptable on last Gen hardware and decide to conceal how bad it was from consumers? 

one way or another CDPR made a decision to leave hardware behind that saw an entirely life span inside the development cycle of the game, and CDPR made the decision to sell it to people knowing it would be that bad. 

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

I mean, the tech is out there. Frankly, it was one of the best games ive played outside of the launch bugs. And definitely one of the best looking games ever made. Now that they fixed most of the crashing, the game is great. Just don't play it on a shitty 8 year old console.

You seem to have a lot of wrong opinions.

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

the game was announced before the PS4 and Xbox One even had their own reveal events, and then later went on sale. So I can forgive people for thinking the game might have been able to run with some stability on that hardware. The One X and PS4 Pro, whic had versions that were also plagued with stability and performance issues wouldn’t be released for 4-5 years after the game’s announcement. 

at what points did CDPR make the decision that they were going to target much more capable hardware than even the PS4 Pro and One X? Was it before preorders for the PS4 and One versions started? 

and at what point did CDPR know the builds for CP2077 were unacceptable on last Gen hardware and decide to conceal how bad it was from consumers? 

one way or another CDPR made a decision to leave hardware behind that saw an entirely life span inside the development cycle of the game, and CDPR made the decision to sell it to people knowing it would be that bad. 

Also, I'm glad you enjoyed the game on your PC. I understand a lot of people got to play the game on powerful machines but a huge majority didn't have that luxury.

3 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Sure, but you said the tech didn't exist...

The tech didn't exist when they started making this game. Regardless, the vast majority of the people out there got fucked up the ass for owning the consoles the game was made for. It's absolutely ridiculous what they did. No excuses.

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Playing video games at all is a luxury.

I agree. I never take it for granted.

17 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The tech is out, the only lies being told are console gamers to themselves that they would be able to run it on 10 year old hardware.

It’s 8 year old hardware, and Cyberpunk 2077 ran acceptable for me on my PS4 Slim. The bugs and glitches were the main problem, not the graphics and performance.

17 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Just don't play it on a shitty 8 year old console.

The PS4 and Xbox One might be 8 years old, but they’re not shitty. :shameonyou:

This initial leak is believed to include source code of the CDPR’s virtual card game Gwent, while vx-underground disclosed that auctions for the more valuable source code were happening on a hacking forum known as Exploit. We haven’t been able to verify that information, and CDPR has not responded to a request for comment.

But a cybersecurity firm called KELA, which specializes in providing threat intelligence to companies based on analyses of dark web websites and communities, says it has reason to believe the auctions are, in fact, legitimate.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: stolen CP 2077/Witcher/Gwent source code appears to be on auction at "underground" digital market