Battlefield 2077 (Early Access) - Information Thread, update - RIP in Peace, support for 128 players in all future maps from Season 2 onwards

Commissar SFLUFAN

14 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

I played one game of Breakthrough last night and I actually had some fun. There was a patch, it mentioned something about the weapons and I was actually able to shoot some people. About mid range I was able to make some kills with the assault rifle for a change. 

Nice. I'm trying this out tonight. What are you playing it on?

I turned off crossplay and I actually enjoyed myself with the game. Got some kills and helped capture points. 

This was the first game I've played with my new XSX that I said to myself "this is next gen". The visuals can be stunning and the effects and scope are incredible. Really impressive.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I turned off crossplay and I actually enjoyed myself with the game. Got some kills and helped capture points. 

This was the first game I've played with my new XSX that I said to myself "this is next gen". The visuals can be stunning and the effects and scope are incredible. Really impressive.

Are the load times fast on Xbox as well? I think that impresses me the most about the game. I never actually timed it, but sometimes I hit the play button and it feels like 30-60 seconds later I'm running through a huge level. 

40 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yeah this looks even better in motion and at 2k, but here's a random (low-res) screen grab from Portal mode yesterday:

POMXsWW.png

16 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

Are the load times fast on Xbox as well? I think that impresses me the most about the game. I never actually timed it, but sometimes I hit the play button and it feels like 30-60 seconds later I'm running through a huge level. 

Oh yea, the loading it really fast. 

23 hours ago, Nokra said:

Yeah they just have knives, the damage done by body shots is turned way down, and headshots are instant kills. It's pretty intense when you're surrounded by 20-30 zombies at a time all coming at you with knives. :lol:

You're trying to plant explosives and they are actually capable of defusing. 

Sounds simple but fun. I'll be on tonight if you want to play so just message me on Steam/Discord. 

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

This game is epic as fuck. Extremely impressive technically. I suck at it but I love trying to do my part to win. I got a few kills today but it's still difficult.

Regarding the sucking at it: I find it's a weird mix of needing to be selfish yet team-based. You can't go too much out of your way to try and help your teammates (e.g. revive them, resupply them, etc.) because with 64 opposing players, expose yourself too much and you're quite likely to get seen and gunned down.

On the other hand, it's obviously a team-based game so cooperation is very much rewarded, both in terms of match goals (e.g. keeping spawn tickets by reviving) and overall, since you get points for all of these cooperative actions. A coordinated team will also of course do much better... And yet they didn't include voice chat for your squad, for example. :silly:

I agree though: When you're running towards a control point and explosions are going off all around you, there's a dogfight in the sky, you're running through smoke screens unsure of what you'll see on the other side... it's pretty epic.  

Good points. There's still some ironing out that needs done but it's better than what the reviews let on. I have 8 more hours left in the trial. Not sure if I'll buy this or not. 

Halo is a lot tighter and more enjoyable imo. I don't need two online shooters like I'm 20yrs old again. :p

44 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Yes, you will get the same shitty game as the ones who paid full price for it.

39 minutes ago, stepee said:

It’s the perfect gamepass game at a 10 hour trial. Check out the tech, picture what a better game (battlefront 3?) would look like on current gen, then bounce.

Yea. I'm not buying this but I'll play the full 10 hours. The main flaw I'm seeing is that it's too big for it's own good. No team work at all. Nice tech demo.

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Steam charts has it at 30k people which seems pretty strong still

The game is fun. Problem is it has taken step backs from back from previous BF games. In addition with so many f2p shooters out there you can't afford to release a buggy game for 60+ dollars. First impressions are too important. Players that leave will most likely not come back. 

• True 1

On 11/27/2021 at 6:13 PM, best3444 said:

Now you have me wanting to try it

From the sounds of everything, this game probably should have been in development for another year. 

Now they're adding stupid skins based on Christmas. I hate goofy skins in a game like this. Modern Warfare had good military skins, but then over its seasons started adding in really over the top skins and it really broke the immersion. Warzone sure go nuts as it's basically "realistic" Fortnite, and can have pop culture references, but the core multiplayer it was dumb. I was really hoping Battlefield would avoid that, and stick to different Mil-Sim customizable skins, not this bullshit. This better be the first and last of this crap. Maybe they should even alter or remove these skins entirely from the game given the negative community feedback from them. They're free so it's not like anyone can spend money on them. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Brick said:

From the sounds of everything, this game probably should have been in development for another year. 

Now they're adding stupid skins based on Christmas. I hate goofy skins in a game like this. Modern Warfare had good military skins, but then over its seasons started adding in really over the top skins and it really broke the immersion. Warzone sure go nuts as it's basically "realistic" Fortnite, and can have pop culture references, but the core multiplayer it was dumb. I was really hoping Battlefield would avoid that, and stick to different Mil-Sim customizable skins, not this bullshit. This better be the first and last of this crap. Maybe they should even alter or remove these skins entirely from the game given the negative community feedback from them. They're free so it's not like anyone can spend money on them. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

r/battlefield2042 - Apparently these skins were already down voted in a feedback session yet the they still added them...wow

Saw that. These skins aren't available yet, and seem to have leaked early, so maybe they won't actually come to the game and were just still in the code. I've already seen someone say that if they see someone wearing that Santa skin they won't heal, resupply, or revive them.

I'm still torn on this game. It has fun moments but those moments are far between. The one match I played I spent about 75% of the match on a tall building just shooting rockets at random tanks. A big resupply box kept dropping there so I would shoot all 4 and then just go reload. In the grand scheme I probably wasn't helping my team at all, but it was sort of fun. 

I think I'm just angry at myself for spending $99 on the game. It brought back memories of being burned by Battlefield 4 when it launched on PS4. Had I got my Xbox earlier I would have just played the 10 hour trial and been totally content.